SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

Thunder Bay did not exist in 1895, it was created 1970. Before that it was the twin cites of Fort William and Port Arthur.

:) I noticed that one too. All while we're nitpicking cities in a nearly flawless game: Tampa is a city, Tampa Bay is a body of water. Firaxis did the same thing.

semantics :p thanks, eric! i'll be sure to change it.

i have a favor to ask from all here (1 person will suffice): could somebody upload an image of the 3rd era science screen? would be much appreciated! thanks.

Sorry to hear about the troubles.
I was looking forward to an update.

Not that I am in any way dissatisfied with the current version.
After a few years of no civ, I recently started a new game and
again find myself with the "just one more turn" syndrome..........

Hello everyone, seems like i am not the only one to enjoy this wonderful scenario.

As I have only played through a US campaign on low difficulty so far (just to get a feel for the scenario), I must say this is a well rounded piece of work that has all the detail I could want.

Having read through quite a bit of this thread I was hoping to find a solution to my problems below, needless to say i partially failed.

I have however run into a couple of issues that I have found since i reached the middle of the 3rd tech era to the end of the 4th.

1. i found that upgrading my units late in the game can crash my game often. I have used the disband and then upgrade technique to get around that. I am hoping there is a solution to that other than just straight replacing obsolete units with new build instead of upgrading.

2. For my late game US units, some seem to not have the upgrade function available at all on them, even though the CP clearly states that they are in line to upgrade. Examples of this ive found are the Martin MB-1 Bomber to Martin NBS-1 Bomber, Browning M1917 MG to Browning M1919 MG, M1917 Six Ton Tank to Renault NC Light Tank Export.

3. At the same time as the aformentioned issue above, i experience cities completing units and they dont appear at all in the cities that just built them. I.E. I queue up a Colorado Class BB to be built in San Francisco, it finishes and no unit appears in SF. There are others that do the same thing, Douglas DT-1 and DT-2, Renault NC Light Tank, Mark VIII Tank, Home Guard WW1 and the Browning M1919 MG. All of those units i can order, finish (even rush) but not actually recieve. Some units that I have built before, I don't recieve either (built 3 Colorado Class previously).

Despite these problems I enjoy the game alot and applaud the effort of everyone involved the production of it. I especially enjoy the lengths to which historical accuracy has been maintained and all of the 'what if' units and the rich flavor they add.

It sounds like you're running into the unit limit. Try the patch that greatly alleviates this(I don't have the link offhand).

Hello everyone, seems like i am not the only one to enjoy this wonderful scenario.

As I have only played through a US campaign on low difficulty so far (just to get a feel for the scenario), I must say this is a well rounded piece of work that has all the detail I could want.

Having read through quite a bit of this thread I was hoping to find a solution to my problems below, needless to say i partially failed.

I have however run into a couple of issues that I have found since i reached the middle of the 3rd tech era to the end of the 4th.

1. i found that upgrading my units late in the game can crash my game often. I have used the disband and then upgrade technique to get around that. I am hoping there is a solution to that other than just straight replacing obsolete units with new build instead of upgrading.

2. For my late game US units, some seem to not have the upgrade function available at all on them, even though the CP clearly states that they are in line to upgrade. Examples of this ive found are the Martin MB-1 Bomber to Martin NBS-1 Bomber, Browning M1917 MG to Browning M1919 MG, M1917 Six Ton Tank to Renault NC Light Tank Export.

3. At the same time as the aformentioned issue above, i experience cities completing units and they dont appear at all in the cities that just built them. I.E. I queue up a Colorado Class BB to be built in San Francisco, it finishes and no unit appears in SF. There are others that do the same thing, Douglas DT-1 and DT-2, Renault NC Light Tank, Mark VIII Tank, Home Guard WW1 and the Browning M1919 MG. All of those units i can order, finish (even rush) but not actually recieve. Some units that I have built before, I don't recieve either (built 3 Colorado Class previously).

Despite these problems I enjoy the game alot and applaud the effort of everyone involved the production of it. I especially enjoy the lengths to which historical accuracy has been maintained and all of the 'what if' units and the rich flavor they add.

I believe you may have run into the unit cap, which causes a crash and other odd results, based on mentioning late game units. I double checked all the unit upgrade paths via editor, and they link correctly so it must be due to the unit cap.

Is this the link for the "no unit limit" patch
that has been mentioned previously?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=327919

Or is it something/somewhere else?

In the game I am currently trying,
I hope I don't get the same problem. (too many units)
I forgot to get that patch.
(I have only the noraze patch that came with this scenario)

Yes. At least that's the one I tried.
However, the version that had the No-Raze Patch included didn't work properly: When I conquered a city, I got the option of razing it. That made me go back to the regular No-Raze Patch - I'd rather have a unit limit in the late game than a couple of razed cities in AoI.

^ Thank you.
I agree. I don't want any razed cities either.
But if I read that thread correctly, only the player has the option to raze, not the AI.
So I may switch over to it and see.

Yes. At least that's the one I tried.
However, the version that had the No-Raze Patch included didn't work properly: When I conquered a city, I got the option of razing it. That made me go back to the regular No-Raze Patch - I'd rather have a unit limit in the late game than a couple of razed cities in AoI.

:confused: It DOES work properly. The AI cannot raze, you can. So there's no problem with it at all. I've been using it for over 1.5 years now and there's nothing wrong with it.

It's true. There's a separate chunk of code controlling whether the human can raze vs. whether the AI can raze. It's possible to check this with a binary diff tool or a hex editor:

Code:
bash-3.2$ cmp -l Civ3Conquests-NoCD.exe Civ3Conquests-NoRazeByAI.exe
1456398  17 351
1456399 204 160
1456400 157   1
1456401   1   0
1456403   0 220
bash-3.2$ cmp -l Civ3Conquests-NoCD.exe Civ3Conquests-NoRazeByHuman.exe
1456131  17 351
1456132 205 344
1456133 343   0
1456136   0 220
bash-3.2$ cmp -l Civ3Conquests-NoCD.exe Civ3Conquests-NoRazeByBoth.exe 
1456131  17 351
1456132 205 344
1456133 343   0
1456136   0 220
1456398  17 351
1456399 204 160
1456400 157   1
1456401   1   0
1456403   0 220

So just because the player can raze cities does not imply that the AI can too.

:confused: It DOES work properly. The AI cannot raze, you can. So there's no problem with it at all. I've been using it for over 1.5 years now and there's nothing wrong with it.

I didn't know that. I just came across the option of razing, panicked and went back to the original No-Raze Patch.
I'm far from being as advanced in programming (or whatever that stuff is called) as you guys. I'm only enjoying the game.

No worries then.

In the game I am currently trying,
I hope I don't get the same problem. (too many units)
I forgot to get that patch.
(I have only the noraze patch that came with this scenario)

I'm nearly positive you can use the noraze/no-unit cap patch with your existing file. If for whateverreason you wanted to use the normal exe after 30 hours into AOI with the no-raze/cap patch, that's fine too. As they're not literal patches, it shouldn't harm anything if you dled it post-game start, and wanted to use it.

Anyone know the source of the background for the preferences screen with the yellowish background and the ships lined up off into the horizon

pic related

Top Bottom