SCENARIO: Age of Imperialism; 1895-1924, Deluxe Version

The Brits don't really need to be weakened. In my China game, they lost India to the Ottomans and the Persians, Canada to the Americans, and Africa is a mostly-French area now. The British haven't been entirely kicked out, but they're pretty much broken in Africa.

It seems to depend. I noticed in my game as the Mahdists that Britain was thoroughly curbstomped by the French midway through, likely due to constant wars whereas France was usually at peace.

Then you have games where Britain's a monster and eats everything. Seems to vary.

Natives are being replaced by Romania and Belgium (separated from the Netherlands).

...Romania? Seems a bit weird.

Maybe give Mexico's troops a boost, something small like an additional hitpoint. I'm personally opposed to weakening Britain, they were the strongest nation on Earth at that point, and they're really strong here, too, which works.

If Britain was capable of eating the world in reality, why didn't it?

I'd knock their infantry down to 7.8. Still just as good defensively, but means they're less capable of using them to expand.

As for Mexico - I stand by my idea of making a Mexico resource that allows Mexican units to be built. (Alternatively you could just get rid of the Industry in Mexico, so if Mexico conquers part of the USA, they can start building different units)

I think the USA needs increased marine spawn rate, or atleast the ability to build them. I find that I can almost do nothing without marines, because the Cuban Natives (Who I want to om nom nom) tend to block all their squares, and Spain hates my guts so they wont accept a RoP.

Building them would definitely break the game, as the USA would suddenly be capable of pulling a Blue Alert on every nation on Earth. Or at the very least, would be seizing many cities. The point of marine units in AoI is that they're valuable and should be looked after. They're like rooks in a sea of pawns and can be very useful in some circumstances.

Also. You're the USA. Perhaps you should just invade Spain? What are they going to do, tickle you? :p

Never heard of an AI refusing to sign a RoP before... they'll usually sign anything if you offer enough money.

Also. You're the USA. Perhaps you should just invade Spain? What are they going to do, tickle you? :p

Bengal Tiger said:
Im playing as Spain right now and have succeeded in taking New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Tampa Bay and Midway before signing peace(on lieutenant).

Tickle indeed.

Anyways, the USA should probably be nerfed at this point, at least for their prewar infantry, just to keep them in check until about WW1, which is when they really got their army moving.

Attention all AoI fans:
31 player PBEM is now a reality. RickFGS has started an AoI PBEM, for anyone who might be interested. Be aware that this is a long commitment and will probably go on for several years.

Hope it's okay to have mentioned this here.

Holy carp. If I thought I would be able to keep it up for more than a couple months, I would totally ask to join.

I heard on another thread that this mod entered version 4.1 but the top of this post still says 4.0. Is there going to be a 4.1? If so what changes? Is the geography gonna get fixed at all?

Hey anyone got tips for Germany! I don't want my ass to get kicked in the 31 player PBEM. I'm going to play as them a lot to see how it goes. But I'm always accepting suggestions.

I heard on another thread that this mod entered version 4.1 but the top of this post still says 4.0. Is there going to be a 4.1? If so what changes? Is the geography gonna get fixed at all?

Link to where you heard that? Last bit of official news I read was the creators HD went kaput, so he's taking a break from AOI for now.

Link to where you heard that? Last bit of official news I read was the creators HD went kaput, so he's taking a break from AOI for now.

Yeah, as far as I know its all on hiatus for the time being. Shame:(

Sima Qian has created a program that changes this. Check out the main Creation and Customization forum under 31 player hotseat. Will you be joining us?

the game engine is not case sensitive. it is likely the 'folder within a folder' issue that is encountered after extracting. try to make sure the file directory paths are correct.

precisely: it ran first time for me, the only problem was it took ages to load because my computer's so slow:badcomp:

USA can build WWI Marines.

..Well damn.

But by that time I imagine everyone's so built up it doesn't matter.

Tickle indeed.

All of Cuba is coastal. The American navy can outproduce and outgun whatever crap the Spanish can muster. It should be quite clear that if Spain's not being friendly to the USA what their fate should be. :p

Besides, acquiring some colonial territory helps with building up the homeland. The USA is scary with an AI in charge. It's near-invulnerable with a human. Top of the line troops, unmatched industrial capacity, no threats nearby...

Anyways, the USA should probably be nerfed at this point, at least for their prewar infantry, just to keep them in check until about WW1, which is when they really got their army moving.

Sounds good to me.

I'd put more City Guards in Canada and Mexico, myself. While I imagine the USA historically had the power to trample Canada or Mexico, they should at least encounter a little more difficulty. Even moreso since for some reason, Britain seems to be incompetent in recent games I've played. The USA + Canada + Mexico = oh my god.

--

Speaking of Mexico, I thought it over. Instead of creating a Mexico resource, there should be a "Reconquista" resource. Probably somewhere in northern California. It's useless to anyone but the Mexicans, since only the Mexicans need a special line of overseas units.

Basically, if you capture the city with it, it's proof that Mexico has joined the ranks of the powerful nations(think Japan conquering Manchuria from Russia), and your units will be better accordingly.

I'm sure there'd be a means of improving the other industrial powers' abilities as well through resources only they can tap.

Obviously any resources like this there should only be ONE of, to prevent a country from just trading for them.

==

Also, is there a special overseas navy build for third world nations? It's kind of sucky being stuck with coastal gunboats and whatnot no matter how strong you get. There should be some sort of Industry-only ships.

I ask because I'm playing a game as the Mahdists, a log is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=450228

Top Bottom