SCOTUS - Supreme Court of the United States

I'm more concerned, frankly, with the lunatic that's just about to be affirmed to the supreme court; I don't think restricting abortion is a price worth paying for all the other damage she's going to do, what say you @Farm Boy

I don't know. I know Ike made the Warren court a thing, not something he anticipated. I don't anticipate a repeat of that, but judicial nominees don't answer questions anymore regardless of who they are or what the vote threshold is for appointment. "I haven't ruled directly on that question." Forever.

Changed the course of history, eh?

We have a progressive ****ting on the principle of 1.8 trillion now and more later in favor of it all being thier doing with nothing now. I have to color that one... fanciful. If they're in there now, they're pretty much human scum along with their acolytes.

The total failure of both houses of the legislature and an Assclown pretending they're human enough to pass a COVID bill. They're making the court look good, in that ugly friend out with an uglier one sort of way. But specifically I wasted my life watching The Speaker talk with that dick-out Zoom guy. Might not actually be the zoom guy, but the glasses looked the same. Might not actually be the speaker, but I have no proof of doppelgangers from the pits in that case.

Both saming at all costs eh. In reality, the GOP could end this within an hour, by just voting on the Heroes act, and either passing it, or sending back a modified version. Pelosi at the moment is negotiating with Mnuchin who has no actual power to effect a deal. Only the hope that he can finally convince Trump, who With Trump and Mitch in the mix, who are both completely untrustworthy, and in the case of Trump has no idea what he wants.

If the shoe was on the other foot, the Republican congress would have never done any stimulus at all, instead of handing the President two of them.

I don't know. I know Ike made the Warren court a thing, not something he anticipated. I don't anticipate a repeat of that, but judicial nominees don't answer questions anymore regardless of who they are or what the vote threshold is for appointment. "I haven't ruled directly on that question." Forever.

She has been pre-vetted. The heritage foundation. I don't know why Democrats even ask these questions about her personal views, they would be better off just asking her what criteria the heritage foundation had, what they believe and if they gave her the nod (of course they did, which is why she is up).

At least Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were willing to answer some questions of how they would rule. She is being incredibly cagey, even though everybody knows full well what her views actually are.

"We've made an important contribution to the future of this country. A lot of what we’ve done over the last four years will be undone, sooner or later, by the next election. Won’t be able to do much about this, for a long time to come.” --
@senatemajldr

Mitch McConnel just openly celebrating putting a nut on the supreme court for life, and getting to dictate policy from a unelected court, appointed by a President elected by a minority of the vote, and a Senate elected by a minority of the vote.

This is why conservatives are freaking out so much about court-packing and trying to scare up the norms chumps. Conservatives took a multi decades-long march through the institutional and legal system, to get to this moment, and it could all be undone by a simple Senate majority vote. Mitch is basically saying Trump is going to lose. He is just praying that they can last until the 2022 midterm without court-packing, in which case the far-right SCOTUS is secured against all challenge through the system.

Mitch McConnel just openly celebrating putting a nut on the supreme court for life, and getting to dictate policy from a unelected court, appointed by a President elected by a minority of the vote, and a Senate elected by a minority of the vote.

This is why conservatives are freaking out so much about court-packing and trying to scare up the norms chumps. Conservatives took a multi decades-long march through the institutional and legal system, to get to this moment, and it could all be undone by a simple Senate majority vote. Mitch is basically saying Trump is going to lose. He is just praying that they can last until the 2022 midterm without court-packing, in which case the far-right SCOTUS is secured against all challenge through the system.

That whiff of loser is getting stronger.

Conservatives are all about projection.

Destroying the nation? They are doing it.

Harming families? They are doing it.

Instituting death panels by fiat? They are doing it.

They have no defense, which why they attack constantly.

To be a conservative, a Republican or whatever is to fundamentally concede that you aren't a good person, to acknowledge that your support of women and people with wombs, of gay people, of transpeople, of people of color, of those who are working cladd only exists when it doesn't conflict with your personal political dogma, which is to say never.

You cannot be a conservative or a Republican, vote or support the gop and claim to care about the above, nor when the politicians in your name and through your support are doing everything they can to attack those demographics.

And no amount of claiming to be fiscally conservative but socially liberal, to be tolerant of these groups but still support conservatism will cleanse the blood on their hands

Last edited:
Not going to say how I feel because that will be another ban, but I will just say that at this point in time, violence is the only answer.

Not going to say how I feel because that will be another ban, but I will just say that at this point in time, violence is the only answer.
Just think how different things would have been if so many self-described leftists hadn't gone "I CAN SEE NO DIFFERENCE" in 2016.

Your article says a Russian vehicle rammed a US vehicle and we're sending 100 more soldiers in as a response - and naturally Trump's critics say it aint enough. It doesn't mention training terrorists, that was Obama's policy to overthrow Assad.

That's a a pretty accurate take of the article. So, the Kurds are terrorists and we should leave them to the tender mercies of our allies the Turks, or... we're tired of Russians ramming into us and just start a good and proper shooting war, maybe?

The Supreme Court just blocked an extension for Wisconsin to count ballots that are postmarked on election day, but received late.

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1320933212005294081

Kavanaugh ruled AGAINST the six-day extension for Wisconsin to accept ballots postmarked by Election Day. He cited an article from legal scholar (and CNN contributor) Rick Pildes. But in that article, Pildes says states SHOULD extend postmark deadlines. https://lawreviewblog.uchicago.edu/2020/06/26/pandemic-pildes/…

Yeah, in doing so, Kavanaugh cites someone who completely disagrees with him. Top minds.

He also cites Gore v Bush, which was written to create no precedent (so it couldn't be used against a Republican in the same situation), so another legal fail. On a case that Kavanaugh worked on.

Of course he doesn't care. He just wants to throw up some crap, to justify his blatant partisan bull.

Now the court is going to be 6-3. The liberal bloc is the same size as the GOP lawyers working on Gore v Bush.

we'd still be in Syria arming terrorists...thats a difference

Derailing his point, and irrelevant. And we all know you don't actually care, otherwise you would say post about drone strikes being way up under Trump.

Last edited:
I prefer calling it a rebuttal, but yeah, it derailed his point

but hardly irrelevant to the millions of people who had to flee the team of Obama, Clinton, Biden, Kerry and Rice

otoh, this is a court thread and thats the last place these war criminals will end up

The Supreme Court just blocked an extension for Wisconsin to count ballots that are postmarked on election day, but received late.

https://twitter.com/MarshallCohen/status/1320933212005294081

Yeah, in doing so, Kavanaugh cites someone who completely disagrees with him. Top minds.

Of course he doesn't care. He just wants to throw up some crap, to justify his blatant partisan bull.

Now the court is going to be 6-3. The liberal bloc is the same size as the GOP lawyers working on Gore v Bush.

Derailing his point, and irrelevant. And we all know you don't actually care, otherwise you say post about drone strikes being way up under Trump.

These guys are going to be great for Amerikkka!

So she's now confirmed before the election. Glad to be one of the few here who called it. McConnell also excused the hypocrisy, saying the Democrats would have done it too.

So she's now confirmed before the election. Glad to be one of the few here who called it. McConnell also excused the hypocrisy, saying the Democrats would have done it too.

And personally, I think they would have.

Looking back through the years, finding the flipflops among House and Senate majority/minority leaders based on whether they were majority or minority leaders is pretty easy, and pretty depressing.

But the other side started it!

(honestly, this just proves to me that the Founding Father's cynicism that lead to "checks and balances" just allows the politicians to become as self-serving as they are now. Whereas in other democracies, the high-running speeches at least find a vindication in their respective constitutions/systems)

Looks like Collins (R)ME, voted no this time, while Murkowski (R)AK, voted yes this time. Folks may recall that they essentially swapped places in the Kavanaugh vote, with Collins giving a long-winded grandstanding speech to announce her vote in favor of Kavanaugh, and Murkowski voting "present" to avoid creating a tie, as there was one Republican Senator absent for the vote. Both Senators had previously courted reporting and speculation that they might vote no for both confirmations.

I remain convinced that they tease opposition in these high profile settings purely to elevate their perceived importance, all the while coordinating to make sure that they don't actually cause any Republican goals to fail.

The wiley fox John McCain outsmarted them on the Obamacare repeal vote, by keeping his intention to vote no a secret. So Collins and Murkowski were able to both vote no, believing that the measure would succeed anyway, via a tiebreaker vote by Pence, allowing them to have their cake and eat it to... but then McCain shocked everyone with a last minute no vote, sinking the repeal effort. Going forward, Collins and Murkowski have been, and will be cautious about both voting against the Republicans at the same time. At least that's my suspicion of what's happened.

Last edited:
Top Bottom