1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Screenshot analysis!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Camikaze, May 11, 2016.

1. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

This is literally the best thing I have seen all day! I'm so excited for the Norse/Norwegian Civ now :)

2. Atlas627

Atlas627 Deity

Devs have said that Barbs will keep up with the tech leaders for each tech.

And we already have Harald Hardrada revealed, though we don't know if he's leader of the Norse or Norwegians. This is almost certainly their UU, either way.

3. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

It looks like they didn't implement the correct filter in the tooltips at this build. Most likely this is going to be fixed by the game release.

4. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

St Auberts Skull is a relic you can pick up from a Goody Hut. +4 Faith +8 Tourism. Seen in episode 2 of the Yoggscast France vid. 9:40~ in. On iPhone can't show pic.

5. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Thanks. It's a tool tip, so it's the same for every civilization. The same method we used to force reveal Roman's legion and Kongo's -something- unit and to add extra headache to the marketing team :mischief:

How would you filter a string of text?
    Most likely, imo, they haven't finalized the icon for Viking Longship and Barbarian Galley. Also Legion and Kongo thing - if so, this should explain why neither Norway nor Rome nor Kongo first looks revealed.

6. eMeM

eMeM Chieftain

Yeah, I've seen the legion "reveal", but it's most likely a bug, I feel like Norwegian units, just like barbarian ones, shouldn't show up on tooltips for German player :p

7. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

It's not a string of text. There's internal database. The tooltip queries it and outputs localized unit names.

8. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Deity

If you're playing Germany, and Norway is in the game, then wouldn't it be nice to know when their unique units/etc appear?

I can understand that if Norway wasn't in the game the tooltip would be different.

9. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

But in this case they should be marked as such.

10. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Odd choice to have the Viking Longship as an Ancient era unit, since the Viking age was late Classical/Early Medieval.

11. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Mhrm, maybe it's supposed to last the whole early game? Although that would be quite a gap...

12. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

I have not checked the naval tree but if the unique is placed in the middle ages could make it unbalanced strong or its unique strength maybe make it most suited for ancient age and it life span may last the whole middle ages given that uniques are stronger then stock units.

13. Matthew.

Matthew. Deity

I am hype for viking longship, but I kind of hope it is one of those "additional" UU's like America has. Naval units, especially early naval units, have always been a bit underwhelming. I suppose my point here is I don't want it to end up being a forgettable unit and forgettable Civ, like Carthage in Civ 5 with the quinquereme.

14. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

Well if you win if you rule the seas why would you complain. Civ V mentalty should what to say, "die" to make place for the new civ VI mentalty.

15. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

It would be nice if, rather than a naval unit, the Longship was a special embarked state of other land units.

16. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I guess they wanted the longboat to be the first boat to be able to cross the ocean. Because of that, they put it in the ancient era.

17. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Well, assuming that traversing oceans is unlocked with Cartography in early renaissance era, they could put the longboat with Shipbuilding in late classical, and it would still give the vikings an era and a half advantage in that era. I do agree that ancient era unique naval units is pretty much useless if earlier games are anything to go by.

18. Haig

Haig Deity

I think it's cool that galleys and quindremes can sail deep ocean too after certain techs, might make them more useful than in Civ5.

19. ZhukoDim

ZhukoDim Chieftain

Oh yes please. With an ability to cross the ocean. :) Or at least with ability to move 4-5 hexes into oceans.

20. Red Menace

Red Menace Prepare to be Menaced

maybe its in the ancient era for this reason, maybe it has the ability to group with a unit (settler, military) and cross ocean tiles for that sweet sweet early colonization feeling. I really hope so, that along with a strong base strength would make the Norway amazing, perhaps first choice amazing.

I hope they get a good trade/economy bonus im really excited for Norway.