Seeking cookbook

the100thballoon

Emperor
I am going to have a little more free time this summer, and I want to expand my menu and cooking skills. I am looking for cookbook recommendations. I am not on any special diet like gluten-free, etc., and I enjoy all cuisines.

My plan is to cook one thing a day (dinner), starting on page one until school starts again or the book ends.

Thanks! I've done some looking, but it's been hard to find a non-weight loss book or a book that isn't specialized to only one region. A cookbook with a "pantry list" would also be a great find.

Why limit yourself to a book? Aren't there a lot of websites/blogs out there with just as good content?

cooking?

I can write down the instructions on the back of my ramen noodles package if you want. :D

I have found cookbooks to be of limited use. Most call for ingredients I do not have. My solution. Cook meat, add seasoning, and either serve on a tortilla or with some kind of pasta.

I just wanted something I could go page by page through, but I guess I could just print off 60 recipes and make my own thing...

Just for yourself? Try One is Fun by Delia Smith.

As a reference, Betty Crocker's Cookbook probably can't be beat. But I think really's suggestion is probably optimal because most recipes are geared for cooking for 4-6 people. I just put it on my next Amazon.com order myself.

Top Bottom