1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

September Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Krajzen, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

I think it's very market focused as a flanking product for a very popular genre. There could be many hobby projects that got no focus whatsoever.

Buni0ns likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

RNDY fixed
    Hurricane damage reduced
    Repair bug, districts are 25% to repair rather than 100%
    Yep, fixed to me

gunnergoz, CPWimmer, bbbt and 17 others like this.
  3. crazyjoe0813

crazyjoe0813 Warlord

Does the patch changes apply to current games? I just started a multiplayer game with friends just last week before the patch was announced. Trying to decide if we should restart the game or not.

4. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Protectorate Wars won't spark an emergency, so that's an indirect buff to Georgia as well, albeit slight.

I wouldn't call golden ages a least favorite concept, but I think people take golden ages for granted (not without reason, so being able to achieve them more easily is not respected.

What I would like to see is:
    • For all civ's, heroic ages are debuffed from three to only two dedications. Maybe create some heroic age policy cards.
    • Kill Tamar's current dedication ability to make normal dedications in a golden age. Tamar gets an extra dedication for golden and heroic ages.
    • For all civ's, allow protectorate wars to be declared immediately. In five turns, a city-state could be long gone.

brasswire, AntSou, Goodenuf and 3 others like this.
  5. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I'm not against it but what's the big deal with this? I'm guessing its messing up harbor placement...?

6. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Or as suggested somewhere else, the CB should be available for some time after the capture. Technically though, it should trigger an emergency, but that mechanic is a bit broken here as well (if it's your friend, you can't take part)...

UPD. Could be even simpler. Just give the suzerain control of the CS when it is at war with anyone. Maybe only enable it at 6(+) envoys or when Amani is there (or even better, giving this as a promotion ('military adviser') to Victor could make him actually useful in a 'peaceful' game)... Would add a whole interesting diplomatic layer of a 'hybrid war'.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Kjimmet, Alexadamz and steveg700 like this.
  7. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Yeah, a few times you'd see a beautiful spot for a city/harbor/commerce hub triangle, only to have a reef at the mouth of the river blocking it.

MisterBoomBoom, AntSou, Ziad and 2 others like this.
  8. local_hero

local_hero Prince

Really looking forward to using the jersey system in SP games. I like Russia, but I really really really dislike black and yellow together. Ugh!

Caprikel and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  9. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Well, that's kinda part of the game - you play the map that you're given (or abandon it as many choose to do).

10. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

I agree that people are sleeping on Georgia. Being geared towards the two most obscure victory types (Diplomatic and Religious) does that to you. The built-in Limes was a much needed boost though. Georgia was always meant to be a dedicated defensive Civilization. Now they are. :)

Ziad, Jkchart, Icicle and 2 others like this.
  11. J_Kovic

J_Kovic Warlord

Was there "-17 againts fortifications" for ranged units againts cities before the patch?

Didn't find it in the patch notes and don't remember seeing it before.

12. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I feel the same way about Persia's GS colors.

local_hero likes this.
  13. Victoria

Oh yes, been there a long time

14. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Yeah, I've had reefs block harbor placement before, but is this the actual issue?

15. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Hmm. Seems all the city states in Terra spawn in the "new world" continent. I guess that makes sense, since the old world is crowded enough already (I already abandoned my first game when there were 5 other capitals within ~10 tiles...). But I guess getting to the new world first becomes REALLY important.

16. Loderingo

Loderingo Chieftain

Small thing but I notice that the leaders are now listed in alphabetical order

WillowBrook, Jkchart, Kjimmet and 8 others like this.
  17. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Yeah, I have been surprisingly annoyed with the release ordered leaders. I think they wanted to highlight the new options, but ultimately it was mostly annoying for me. It's been long enough that they don't need the highlight anymore, so alphabetical is even more sensible.

comatosedragon likes this.
  18. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

That was in the notes. And I am glad for it. I was a bit put off when they began arranging them by point of introduction.

Ondolindë, Icicle, Kjimmet and 6 others like this.
  19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Yay, Alexander is first again. :mischief:

20. Victoria