1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

September Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Krajzen, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

Patch notes look good, new scenario (game mode) looks fun and I will definitely try it sometime.

Really keeping my fingers crossed those "AI" changes in the patch notes make a noticeable difference.

2. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

When creating a new game I dont find the "Advanced setup" any more. Some mod conflict? "Start game" is located on the very bottom of the screen.

3. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Deity

Well, already noted a couple of things, as have others:
    1. Breaks current games, had to delete both of my games in progress.
    2. 'Some' Mods are now broken, but haven't discovered which ones yet. When I tried to start a new game with my normal suite of Mods it gave me an Incompatible error message, when I disabled about 2/3 of them the remaining few worked fine. Going to have to do some experimenting.

And one unexpected 'Benefit' of the Patch:
    3. On my iMac, at least, Graphics are *&^%$# up royally. All my Custom Graphics settings went back to Default, and no matter what graphic settings I try to use, the game will only open in Windowed Mod, using about 2/3 of my screen. Since I bought the large screen (27") in the first place so that I could use Full Screen for graphic-heavy games, this is a game-breaker. Nothing seems to make it go into Full Screen Mode, so until I disable auto-update and go back and reload from a previous System Save without the patch, I will not be playing Civ VI any more.

'Bye all for now, and thanx a lot Firaxis and Aspyr for the Undocumented Change.

4. vladisimo

vladisimo Chieftain

well unfortunately I can't realy start a game with some moded civs now..so that sucks.

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

YnAMP have been updated to fix this (if you are using it), get the latest version.

DWilson likes this.
  6. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

I would love to take a peek at those saves if you have either of them handy.

Meluhhan, sonicmyst, Lanzelot and 8 others like this.
  7. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I love your active efforts to help the fans out!

Lupine, Meluhhan, Haig and 3 others like this.
  8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Wish they had changed over to listing them by civ name

9. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I suspect this is because Firaxis sees you as playing a leader rather than a civ.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  10. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

I'm a bit disappointed Firaxis didn't tweak the Diplomatic Victory in this patch (to make Diplomatic Victory Vote win more possible). Maybe next time though;)

11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The AI part said something about how the AI values Aid Emergencies, which should alter the Diplo Victory. They also made it so that at least one of the Resolutions, the AI doesn't always vote the same way.

That's why the diplo victory is so easy right now. You can accumulate so many points just by predicting which way the AI will vote, then going with them.

12. Icicle

Icicle Prince

Fixing the district repair bug makes me so happy. And hell yeah Georgia buff! Also thank goodness the patch is out time for a new game! :D

Caprikel and Daigotsu Max like this.
  13. caderousse

caderousse Chieftain

Nevermind, it was one of the mods. I have disabled all mods for now...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  14. Rosty K

Rosty K King

I dunno. In my recent games it has supplanted the Cultural Victory as the one I always get no matter who I'm playing or what I do :D

(Might have something to do with being obsessed about founding religions and building wonders, which makes it + 7 points every game from 3 wonders)

15. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

This usually occurs when you have more traders than routes, which can happen in situations like getting a free trader from a goody hut or a lighthouse or market is pillaged.

16. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Or if you had the extra trade route form the World Congress and then lost it in the next session.

17. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Yeah, that might actually reinforce the idea that there's a problem.

Anyway, it's more of an issue with the WC in general and how political favor doesn't feel very political.

18. Kung-Fu knight

Kung-Fu knight Chieftain

Does anyone know when the Mac version patch like drop? Last time was a day or so after the normal version.

19. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It appears that it did. They wiped the Mac and Linux builds when they updated the public build.

20. Caprikel

Caprikel Warlord

North Carolina, but secretly a Minnesotan
    Hey look, they added the Lakes map after all!
    It looks like we really got 7 new maps rather than 6.

Also I suddenly have a strong urge to play The Netherlands, hmm... I wonder why?

WillowBrook likes this.