September Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock bands have been subtly buffed, could not read all the text but overall more benefits and less banal ones.

If anything Rock Bands got nerfed in most cases except those that produce Tourism, in which they were given more spots.

For one, Indie no longer flips cities as fast, since you'll now need 3 concerts to flip a city.

Super hyped for the Great Admiral's buffs. Normally I love building the Mausoleum for the extra Engineer charge because for some reasons the AIs hate it. I always instantly retire the free Admiral when doing so because they are mostly so useless.

Super hyped for the Great Admiral's buffs. Normally I love building the Mausoleum for the extra Engineer charge because for some reasons the AIs hate it. I always instantly retire the free Admiral when doing so because they are mostly so useless.

I feel like the Mausoleum is bit OP now tbh. That Extra Charge for engineers is generally VERY powerful.

If anything Rock Bands got nerfed in most cases except those that produce Tourism, in which they were given more spots.

For one, Indie no longer flips cities as fast, since you'll now need 3 concerts to flip a city.

The indie bands is a nerf but the +levels on X are really important to grab early since they help you level the rock band to the point where they usually survive. Merging some of the less useful ones into others may turn out to be a subtle buff.

Gedemon, I'm sorry, but long have you had to wait to mod both Civ 4 and Civ 5?

I think what we can do is WAY more than what we could do with 4 or 5 (especially 5), unless someone had direct access to DLLs.

The game is still in its infancy and most of the amazing mods didn't start to come out until AFTEr the DLL was released and even then that usually was releaseda fter the devleopment cycle for the game was "completed" in full.
here:
And those tools were released 6 months after civ4 release, 2 years after civ5 release and not even announced yet 3 years after release for civ6.

Note that 2 years was already too much, see the small number of total conversions for civ5 compared to civ4...

And no, we could do more before the DLL access was released with civ5, not sure for civ4 as I hate python and was able to work with the source so fast after its release date.

First, for reference (as those can be done too with civ6), my Revolution, Cultural Diffusion and Historical Spawn Dates mods were also made before the DLL access for civ5.

Second, Civ6 is great for creating new graphic models, true, but do you know how many new unit models were in R.E.D. for civ5 at this point in the development ? more than a thousands. So it wasn't that bad.

Third, I was able to do most of my WWII total conversion in civ5 before the DLL access, there is no way to do it in civ6 with the current exposed methods...

Not to mention that even though we don't have much of the LUA exposed I still find that there's enough to find loopholes and tricks to get certain things.
... even if yes, we can do a lot more than most people expect just with Lua, I know that perfectly well, but since GS release I wasn't able to code a lot for the overhaul linked in my signature (that could be a perfect example of Lua usage), as YnAMP required almost all my modding time for the last 6 months to (try to) fix Firaxis own bugs I would have fixed in 5 minutes with the DLL access.

Last edited:
They're again focusing on balance issues.
Although good in certain cases.. i now fear the newly "repaired" ruleset will become so complex -- the AI will have further troubles adapting to various conditions, unpredictable or not.
I just hope they considered the competitive impacts within a freshly validated model since much of what we once played with (early releases) is now long gone for good.

Otherwise.. i still welcome most of what i've just seen in this intro video. The whole idea i guess is for them to start setting up a third expansion (mid-late game strengthening?) with yet another set of ruleset adjustments as required or as already pre-planned through gameplay concept twist(s) far more demanding than Global Warming stuff -- if that's even possible.

To me.. Civ6 is near mature in terms of minimal features -- all that really remains is some AI tricks (well overdue, AFAIC) beyond modern warfare (dynamic Planes combat !!) & somewhat smarter Diplomacy interactions (UnitedNations??).

They're again focusing on balance issues.
Although good in certain cases.. i now fear the newly "repaired" ruleset will become so complex -- the AI will have further troubles adapting to various conditions, unpredictable or not.
I just hope they considered the competitive impacts within a freshly validated model since much of what we once played with (early releases) is now long gone for good.

Otherwise.. i still welcome most of what i've just seen in this intro video. The whole idea i guess is for them to start setting up a third expansion (mid-late game strengthening?) with yet another set of ruleset adjustments as required or as already pre-planned through gameplay concept twist(s) far more demanding than Global Warming stuff -- if that's even possible.

To me.. Civ6 is near mature in terms of minimal features -- all that really remains is some AI tricks (well overdue, AFAIC) beyond modern warfare (dynamic Planes combat !!) & somewhat smarter Diplomacy interactions (UnitedNations??).
I'm struggling to think about what they could add before the game started feeling too bloated, but I'm probably not the most visionary out there and I'm glad they're continuing development.

The Renn Fest in Maryland (not very far from Firaxis) is one the largest in the country and just started its season. Maybe Firaxis employees are just hype for that? (In fact, I'm hype for the Renaissance Rumble: https://www.facebook.com/renaissancerumble/)
And where did the Renaissance start? Why Italy of course.
And I'm glad that campuses get adjacency bonuses to reefs now. Now you no longer have to search for the right mountain spot, especially when you are along a flat coast.

Wonder what the mystery in terra maps will be!
New "Natural" (as in placed during map generation) Wonders, like civ5 El Dorado maybe.

About the mask and skull, from Reddit by an employee:

”Those are just items left by the gnomes that live in our studio. WHO KNOWS WHAT THOSE ODDLY OUT OF PLACE ITEMS COULD MEAN?!"

hmm, i thought he was just being goofy in referring to the blank spots on the map. Maybe a "here be dragons" will show up in the fog of war.

No One:

Absolutely No One:

Civ Fans: Hey Google how do you trace the provenance of a mask back to its sorce

For any devs that may see this thread - I think the September 2019 update changes are nice, but some real game changers (pun intended) would be the following:

1. Convene the World Congress for the first time only after one civ meets every other nation. The way it happens now - with "phantom" nations voting on resolutions - is bizarre and immersion-breaking.

2. Create a casus belli loophole against allied civs when they declare war on city states you are suzerain for. Or, at least create the option to bargain/trade for the allied nation to halt their war against the city state. Yes, I know I can put a bunch of scouts around the city state to protect it, but it's an inelegant solution.

3. This might be more of an expansion/Civ 7 suggestion, but I think the ease in which a city state's suzerain can be flipped to another nation by dumping a bunch of envoys at once - especially during wartime - is immersion-breaking. Perhaps it makes sense to "lock" suzerain status for a nation if that nation has war declared upon them.

4. Please provide buffs/assistance/etc. to the AI for it to build atomic/thermonuclear weapons. In my experience, seeing the AI use one - even on higher difficulty settings - is as rare as a bigfoot sighting.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Also if you could boost the Chocolate Hills a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom