SGOTM 11 - T'dr'duzk b'hazg t't

move the warrior (1SW) and post a screenie for us to digest and discuss and regurgitate before you play the entire turnset. Also we seem to be in consensus for the settler 1SE (at least for recon) but first move the warrior and let's see. The suspense is killing us.

Amen. FGJ, thou has spoken truly.

Well IO posted a got it for our SG, and I reminded him to not neglect his duties for our warrior in this game. Anyway as a side I want to ask you GOTM vets another question. I couldn't find anything from search function.

During SGs I always save after every turn, or every other turn because for some reason my game crashes on occasion, but often enough for me to save very frequently and post these questions:

Am I allowed to save every turn just in case I do crash? Or must I play a straight 10/20 turn session with only one save action on my final completed turn?

And if the game crashes within that turnset, what then? Could I load up from the most recent autosave/manual save?

EDIT: I also sent AlanH a pm regarding this matter and waiting to hear back from the Guru

Second EDIT: This is what AlanH replied with, good for those like me that didn't know before:
Hi

You can save as often as you like. In fact we strongly advise editing your CivilizationIV.ini file to set the autosave frequency up to save every turn, so that if you do crash you have to replay a minimum amount of activity. If you crash, then you should reload the most recent save or autosave, and replay to the crash point as accurately as you can.

If your computer is likely to crash, then during intensive turns it may be a good idea to save between battle stages so that you don't have to remember every little decisions you took.

We focus on suspicious behaviour. Saving frequently isn't suspicious. Reloading frequently may be, but we don't just count reloads.

Haha, I am eating dinner right now, but after I finish dinner, I'll play the SGOTM first. Food is more important though.

Expect a screenie within this hour!

About damn time! No need to rush things. Just get the screenie up, let us debate while you go play the flower power game, then come back and see all the ridiculousness you've missed

Well, I officially hate this server...

I'm having technical problems, something about the save being protected or something. If you could tell me how to fix this crap, that would be great. I can't give you an image, because the game shuts down as soon as the error message is displayed. All I managed to catch was "save file is protected" or something like that.

So, if you know how to fix it, great! If not, well then, FGJ, I'll need you to do what I cannot.

Ah...I guess I'll catch you guys in the morning. But I think everything that's been proposed I'm ok with, and the outcome that will probably be decided anyway as to where we settle the capital. I will look forward to the screenshots though and good luck. By the way, I really don't know where I am in the rotation, do we have any more than just the first 2-3 lined up?

I think you're batting clean up :D And if you whiff on strike 3 I'll have bail us out then :lol:

Here is a copy/paste of IO's roster that I think we basically said we'll just use as the lineup:

Roster:

IdiotsOpposite
Brian Shanahan
dima42
Earthling
ForGreatJustice
MatrixTheKitty
neilmeister

@IO that's an interesting problem. I'll be willing to take a look at it, not move a dust mite just to see if the print screen is working. BTW, do you have the HoF mod? Wondering if that's the issue.

It told me to use BUFFY-3.1.9.003 or something of that nature, so I downloaded it. It loads up the mod just fine, but not the save. I have no idea how to do it.

Ah you're loading up the mod, I'm getting something weird. Says:

Warning: The HOF Mod will be unable to save settings. Games played will NOT be valid for submission to the CivFanatics'Hall of Fame' (HOF) or 'Game of the Month' (xOTM) competitions. Please use an user account with admin access. (Vista users, please check the HOF Mod web page for fixes related to Vista.)

So I'm reading here atm.
http://hof.civfanatics.net/civ4/mod.php?show=vista

Got it fixed, moving warrior SW HUAH!

Oh wait, just realized. By moving that warrior, we have to continue the game from my save huh? I can stop there as that's the only thing I've done. Here's the screen shot btw.

All that waiting for this :lol:

That's 3 tiles (at least) of fresh water lake. 2SW further on that strip of land the water in fog is coast (saw the waves). I still think 1SE for the settler.

I'll stop and save right there. I have to get some sleep and get ready for work tomorrow. Sorry for acting impulsively IO by moving the warrior as well.

But when you do, you have to tell me how to do it.

Heck, just move me to last on the roster, please. KTHXBAI!

It told me to use BUFFY-3.1.9.003 or something of that nature, so I downloaded it. It loads up the mod just fine, but not the save. I have no idea how to do it.

If you are using a NOCD crack, this can cause problems.

Are you using XP, Vista or Win7?

In the meantime, can I suggest that FGJ swap with IO for the first round.

EDIT. too late, you have already done it.

The warrior hasn't shown anything exciting, I stick with plan A, and move the settler to the PH.

If you are using a NOCD crack, this can cause problems.

Are you using XP, Vista or Win7?

In the meantime, can I suggest that FGJ swap with IO for the first round.

No, no, I own the game, CDs and all, although I don't have to use them, thanks to the BTS patch. Thank you, BTS patch!!

Also, I use XP. Yep, my comp is that old.

And I suggested move me to last for this one... although I still need to get stoned on the other game, don't I?

No, no, I own the game, CDs and all, although I don't have to use them, thanks to the BTS patch. Thank you, BTS patch!!

Also, I use XP. Yep, my comp is that old.

And I suggested move me to last for this one... although I still need to get stoned on the other game, don't I?

I'm a bit confused. Do you need to put any CD in the drive when you play BTS?

XP is easier to fix, so that should be good. It took me ages with Win7....

BTW, it is your roster, O' Glorious Leader. I suggest that you either swap with FGJ for just this round, or you change the roster permanently, but as I said, it is your call...

I'm a bit confused. Do you need to put any CD in the drive when you play BTS?

XP is easier to fix, so that should be good. It took me ages with Win7....

BTW, it is your roster, O' Glorious Leader. I suggest that you either swap with FGJ for just this round, or you change the roster permanently, but as I said, it is your call...

Firstly, no. I don't. There's a BTS patch that makes it so that no cd is required. It's awesome, because about six months ago, my CD Drive stopped working. Now only the upper CD drive works, and it's not as good.

Secondly, that is good.

Thirdly, what I'm doing would have the same effect as a skip, so let's call it a skip. And be careful calling me Glorious Leader... I'm a megalomaniac, so the power might just get to my head. Now, ON YOUR KNEES! KNEEL TO YOUR MASTER!! OFF WITH HIS HEAD IF HE DISOBEYS!!!:lol::lol::king::lol::lol:

Firstly, no. I don't. There's a BTS patch that makes it so that no cd is required. It's awesome, because about six months ago, my CD Drive stopped working. Now only the upper CD drive works, and it's not as good.

Secondly, that is good.

Thirdly, what I'm doing would have the same effect as a skip, so let's call it a skip. And be careful calling me Glorious Leader... I'm a megalomaniac, so the power might just get to my head. Now, ON YOUR KNEES! KNEEL TO YOUR MASTER!! OFF WITH HIS HEAD IF HE DISOBEYS!!!:lol::lol::king::lol::lol:

OK, where was the mod installed ?

When I had XP, I remember having to move it. I can't remember if I had to move it to
C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUFFY-3.19.003
or if I had to move to the My Games directory.

It's currently installed in...

D:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUFFY-3.19.003

Of course, the game is in the Saves file.

:eek:

Alright alright I'll take over. About to head to sleep, I'll let you guys discuss further on the settler but I think he'll move 1SE. After work (my time 5:30p -4GMT) I'll do what's suggested by the majority and post a new screen shot and give us a few hours to discuss whether that plains hill would be best to settle on or not. I'll go with our conventional tech path we've discussed ad nauseum. After those few hours I'll probably play the whole set (20 turns right?).

Lastly, I've never bothered to noticed, but BW doesn't obsolete the warrior right? I want to say no. Only hunting and IW are the only ancient age military techs that can do so IIRC.

It's currently installed in...

D:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\BUFFY-3.19.003

Of course, the game is in the Saves file.

First, copy your BUFFY directory to the BtS MOD folder under My Games.

Second, download the last BOTM game, linked here, can you see if you can start that.

:eek:

Alright alright I'll take over. About to head to sleep, I'll let you guys discuss further on the settler but I think he'll move 1SE. After work (my time 5:30p -4GMT) I'll do what's suggested by the majority and post a new screen shot and give us a few hours to discuss whether that plains hill would be best to settle on or not. I'll go with our conventional tech path we've discussed ad nauseum. After those few hours I'll probably play the whole set (20 turns right?).

Lastly, I've never bothered to noticed, but BW doesn't obsolete the warrior right? I want to say no. Only hunting and IW are the only ancient age military techs that can do so IIRC.

I think the first turn set, on epic, should be 25 turns.

IIRC researching BW doesn't obselete the warrior, connecting the copper does....

Top Bottom