SGOTM 13 - Veteran

Yes, it does feel good to be finished with this game. A huge map is one thing, but this thing was Mega-Huge. Slow turnsets seemed to put a damper on many teams finishing this. Thanks also to PB for sticking it out and making it a succession game. Everybody had good turn-sets early on.

Only 20 turns behind klarius is nice. I always thought I played a good game if I got within 32 turns of his date. They had 4 contacts by 1000BC, the GL then gifted and regrabbed for tech 3 more times, the ToE, and a safe steal. All that and we were still only seven turns later reaching the modern age, although their empire was 10 times as big. The ai really researched fast for us in this one, getting into the trading loop early was the real problem.

congratulations,fellows!
I am glad that the Team Veteran win the Seond place of the games.
I thank to all the partners that participate in the last 3 sgames.
I am very sorry that I cease my civ-life in the middle of a sgame.
that insult members, (I should quit at an end of sgame, graciously)
and best luck to next Team elite or Team veteran sgame if possible.

As four teams have retired, you guys end up as the lowest scoring finishers. Normally this would earn you the Wooden Spoons. From my perspective it seems insulting to award them to you in view of your excellent result and second place. But how do you guys feel about it?

Thx. I'll wait 24 hours for more input. If none appears, I'll publish on the basis of your reply :)

There should be a medal system, these guys deserve a silver medal with laurel leaves for finishing at all, considering the challenges. Third place should be bronze but since they didn't finish, no laurel leaves. 4th place should get the wooden spoon.

Let's get the Wooden Spoon in Silver!

At least it is an award for finishing...with a good result...

I may do that ... if I can find a way to cover the spoons with silver paper :)

Spoons are fine with me, no shame there. After all, they aren't the logical antithesis of the laurels - e.g. socral and the A Teamers got spoons in SG10 for placing third out of ten teams.

Yeah, and we were very proud of the spoons back then...

Alan, if you don't find the time to adapt the spoons to silver, then no problem, the spoons are an award here...as we finished...

Seems like the new signup thread is open...

I'll definitely join...

Will there be a Team Elite?

Top Bottom