SGOTM 15 - Misfit Gypsy Nuts

I played a staggering ONE turn. But it was interesting enough to stop, and I think I will hand over now.

The good news is the barb archer moved away in the other direction. Delhi built a warrior while working it's best tiles. The workers have essentially not deviated from their normal plan - which was to build gem mine and GMine respectively. Our exploring warrior defeated a lion.

The bad news comes in two parts.

1) Stonehenge was built in a far away land.

2) We made contact with none other than: Hammuragawa of Babylon. And he has copper. He does not have contact with our old friend Tokugawa.

Quite a clever little joke from the mapmaker. :lol:

Spoiler :
Logging by BUFFY 3.19.003 (BtS 3.19)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 47/500 (2120 BC) [12-Feb-2012 10:39:11]
50% Research: 10 per turn
0% Espionage: 4 per turn
50% Gold: 4 per turn, 6 in the bank

After End Turn:
Delhi finishes: Warrior

Other Player Actions:
While defending in the wild, Warrior 1 (Delhi) (1.72/2) defeats Barbarian Lion (Prob Victory: 99.2%)

Turn 48/500 (2080 BC) [12-Feb-2012 10:39:11]
Player contact made: Tokugawa of Babylon

Spoiler :
Turn 47, 2120 BC: You are the worst enemy of Tokugawa.
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Tokugawa has founded Tokyo in a distant land.
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Stonehenge has been built in a far away land!
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Barbarian's Lion (2.00) vs Gandhi's Warrior 1 (Delhi) (4.10)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Combat Odds: 0.8%
Turn 47, 2120 BC: (Animal Combat: +10%)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: (Plot Defense: +50%)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: (Feature Defense: +20%)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: (River Attack: +25%)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Gandhi's Warrior 1 (Delhi) is hit for 14 (86/100HP)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 28 (72/100HP)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 28 (44/100HP)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 28 (16/100HP)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Barbarian's Lion is hit for 28 (0/100HP)
Turn 47, 2120 BC: Gandhi's Warrior 1 (Delhi) has defeated Barbarian's Lion!
Turn 47, 2120 BC: While defending, your Warrior 1 (Delhi) has killed a Barbarian Lion!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 85
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 56
We made contact with none other than: Hammuragawa of Babylon.

Quite a clever little joke from the mapmaker. :lol:

I'm glad you liked it. :hatsoff:

The roster order on 02/10

Conquistador63 = waiting
Ronnie1 = waiting
sleepless = waiting
McArine = waiting
adrianj = just played
Grifftavian = UP NOW
mc-red = on deck
Ozbenno = in the hole
da_Vinci = waiting

Very interesting indeed! I'll bet we have 8 versions of Toku to deal with!

Bummer on SH, but we knew we were taking a chance waiting.

Great news on the barb archer moving away.

I don't like the spike in Toku's power graph. :(

I really think we may want to go BW next just so we can see if we may need Archery ASAP.

I look forward to meeting Isagawa, Toku Musagawa, Sitting Toku and Tokus Ceasar. Or not.

Yes, I'm sure BW is in our immediate future. I'm thinking we should progress along bot BW and IW until we have a source of metal. Without metal we could find ourselves quite dead. BW at the very least for sure.

Missing SH isn't too bad. Bombay could get started on Pyramids next turn if we want. Though it should really get a monument first. Vijay could also change its worker build to a monument.

After we get BW, we could just whip monuments once our cities hit size 2 as an option. The turn before growth, switch to monument and then 1 pop whip the next turn once we grow.

I like Pyramids in Bombay. That leaves Delhi available for a quick Oracle once we get the techs.

Still no one has taken Meditation for the religion....strange.

Nicely played AJ. I definitley think Toku will have a few more cousins around. Probably explain why there not going for the religious techs. :)

Shame about SH but if we still want culture whipped monuments are a possibility (with BW).

Worker actions for the moment were not in so much of a hurry to build a quarry on the stone though the marble shouldn't wait to long. Also need to connect our cities and hopefully get the religion spread.

Thinking about it we could try for the GW in Bombay with stone another very quick build. Also be an idea to put all our ep on Toku (the close one that is :)).

I like the GW idea, I could see a few GSpies being useful if we have to go to war significantly. If we go for this idea, then I would NOT whip a monument here. GW should be cheap enough that the pop spent whipping would be better off just going to GW.

Does facing an entire world of Toku's change the possibility of going for a culture win? In some ways I think it might make it easier. They will hate each other also, especially if we can get some religious differences going.

I also agree that focusing EP's on Toku for now is probably best.

Grifftavian = UP NOW....
I have the save.

When I opened the save, it's asking for next build in Delhi, so I can't look around until I tell it what to build next. I guess I can give it something in order to look around at the rest of the game.

It's 4 turns until growth to size 4 in Delhi, and 4 turns to build a Monument. Lots of synergy around 4 :crazyeye: so I'll propose building a Monument in Delhi now, and another Fast Worker at Size 4 when the Monument is completed. Any other suggestions?

I'll work on getting a PPP up soon. Lots of good suggestions just made. :goodjob: I agree BW next after Masonry. Will look to get the cities connected via roads to help spread Hinduism and get the Quarries built. I also like the idea of Great Wall in Bombay, so will look at the timing on that. How soon do we want to get another Settler out for the Deer/Gold City north of Vijay?

It's 4 turns until growth to size 4 in Delhi, and 4 turns to build a Monument. Lots of synergy around 4 so I'll propose building a Monument in Delhi now, and another Fast Worker at Size 4 when the Monument is completed. Any other suggestions?
Please no monument in Delhi! The city is a holy city and the monument would be a waste of 4 turns on another worker/settler/barracks/warriors for fogbusting or future mp's.

I'll work on getting a PPP up soon. Lots of good suggestions just made. I agree BW next after Masonry. Will look to get the cities connected via roads to help spread Hinduism and get the Quarries built. I also like the idea of Great Wall in Bombay, so will look at the timing on that. How soon do we want to get another Settler out for the Deer/Gold City north of Vijay?
In about 4 turns when Delhi grows or possibly now. I am away from the game for a few days, so I appreciate the screen shots.

PPP: T48/2080 BC until completion of Bronze Working (~8 to 10 turns)
Questions in Blue

RESEARCH
finish Masonry (1T)
Bronze Working (7T + a few more at 0% Science to replenish Treasury)
IF [no Copper] THEN [Iron Working] ELSE [Monotheism/Writing]?

CITY BUILDS
Delhi
Monument (4T)
Fast Worker (~4 or 5T)
[Warrior -> Settler] OR [Pyramids]?

Bombay
finish Fast Worker (1T)
Warrior (4T)
start Great Wall (?T)

Vijay: finish FW (12T) moving citizen to Gem Mine when completed in 2T.

FAST WORKER ACTION PLAN
FW1: finish Gem Mine (2t); roads back to Delhi via Corn Farm; Stone Quarry
FW2: Mine GHill 2S of Delhi; Marble Quarry
FW3: (built in Bombay in 1T) Sheep Pasture; road Sheep Pasture; road Deer Camp to connect Bombay to Delhi
FW4: (to be built in Delhi ~8 ot 9T) Road 1NW of Delhi; Stone Quarry
FW5: (to be built in Vijay in 12T) Farm 1S of Vijay

UNIT MOVES
Warrior: move NW to fogbust for future Deer/Gold city site.
Warrior 1: [Explore around Babylonian terrotory] OR [investigate potential gap in mountain range to his ENE]?
Warrior 2: Sentry/Fortify in Vijay
Warrior 3: Sentry/Fortify in Delhi
Warrior 4: (to be built in Bombay) Sentry/Fortify in Bombay

THE OTHER STUFF
No Civics changes planned
Religion change not allowed
Resource & Tech trading currently unavailable
Be nice to the neighbors

REASONS TO PAUSE
Meeting a new AI Civ
Pesky Barbarian encrochment
Anything unusual happens

I can play anytime between now and this coming Thursday with PPP concurrance.

My Goddaughter is getting married next Saturday and I'll be unable to play this coming weekend until perhaps late next Sunday, so if it takes longer than that to concur on a PPP, then I'll be happy to swap positions with someone else.

EDIT: x-post with R1

My Goddaughter is getting married next Saturday
Congratulations!

I like Delhi building some warriors while it grows and then another settler.

I would start GW in Bombay now and get the stone quarried ASAP.

Please no monument in Delhi! The city is a holy city and the monument would be a waste of 4 turns on another worker/settler/barracks/warriors for fogbusting or future mp's.

In about 4 turns when Delhi grows or possibly now. I am away from the game for a few days, so I appreciate the screen shots.
Are we still aiming for a Cultural Victory? If so, then I would disagree that building a Monument in Delhi is a waste of 4 turns. It will add +1 :culture: to our primary Legendary Culture City, and the sooner we build one, the sooner it will double to +2 :culture:. The culture from a self built monument (as opposed to a free Monument from SH) will not expire when the Monument becomes obsolete.

Anyway, that's how I see it. What does everyone else think about a Monument in Delhi?

Congratulations!
Thanks!

I like Delhi building some warriors while it grows and then another settler.
Noted. That raises the question of how soon we want to get City #4 built? We're at -6 :gold:/turn at 100% Science now. That will improve soon when the Gem Mine & Marble Quarry come online. Expanding toward Babylon does have advantages! Opinions on how soon to build City #4?

I would start GW in Bombay now and get the stone quarried ASAP.
And leave Bombay undefended! :mischief: I thought I'd build 1 Warrior just in case you're correct about an undefended city inviting invasion.

Warrior for Bombay can come from Delhi. ;)

There is possibly a gap in the mountains to the NE, and it looks like possibly an option to go SW.

Sorry about not checking out the mountain pass with my exploring - I was keen to meet the purple bordered AI. I'd like our warrior scout to investigate this first, because if we can meet an AI that has contact with the original Toku it will be valuable to get a heads up on his WHEOOHRN.

My opinion on when to settle city #4 - ASAP. We have gold + gems and the city provides another gold, so :commerce: won't be a problem. I'd like to see Delhi build a settler once it reaches size 4.

I'm not convinced of the merits of the GW. Sure, it is cheap and offers some cultural value, but the GSPy :gp: are more of a hindrance for a cultural game I think, and because our land is so easily fogbusted I don't think we need the barb protection. I'd rather fit the Pyramids into the queue somewhere: either in Bombay after the monument, or Delhi after a warrior (till size 4) and then after the settler.

I agree with Ron, no monument in Delhi. Correct, it gives double :culture: eventually, but so would an earlier Pyramids build. I think monuments should be high priority in Bombay and Vijay though. I even think Vijay should change to building it right now as the FW can wait. Or, do we gamble that Vijay will have Hindu spread to it soon enough, hence we skip monument for a while?

Research: if we have no copper we can discuss it then. The turnset will end after BW right?

What about whipping monuments at size 2? In Vijay particularly, there isn't even a great second tile to work before the border pop. Bombay will have 2 good tiles once the pasture is built, so maybe whip a monument there at size 3?

I see what you are saying about the GSpy GPP from the GW, I was just thinking more about the cultural pressure on Tokyo.

I would go for warriors while growing to 4 in Delhi, and a monument in Bombay, another one in Vija. We will need the MP for the cities we will found. We need a couple cities to the W and a couple coastal cities by the fish and crabs soon enough.

Hopefully the japanese Toku will have more land to his east to remain in expansion mode, instead of plotting war against us. He has already found his 3rd city (coastal, south of city 2).

This world seems too hostile for me, I think we need to focus on expansion and key wonders (read Oracle and Mids), instead of trying for stuff like GW.

Top Bottom