SGOTM 20 - Fifth Element

Welcome back enKage. bring it home, another wooden spoon is waiting.
Alan just created the image for it today.

of course, it's not determined who is getting it yet. You know about counting unhatched chickens and all that.

Anyway, I'll trust that you know what you are doing. You did a great job finishing the last one. Please, bring us home.

OK, so far as I understand, we have met all conditions except one: victory.

What I do NOT understand is, why we havent won yet.
Yes, we could have either conquered to collect vassals to vote for us, or influenced our adversaries diplomatically. Adversaries will also vote for us if we can get them up to +8 via diplomacy. We could have done both as you suggest now. I'm sure if we would have all contributed to a discussion earlier how we were going to wrap things up, things would have been handled more efficiently. Now it is what it is.

Will play tomorrow

Holy ebola, I was sure next voting will be for a winner, so I just pressed enter 3 times doing nothing :]

But next voting was for resident, kill me.

Next vote in 9 turns, do we risk war with Peter or just press enter 9 times as wooden spoon is guaranteed? Our border with Peter is not defended properly, but have some turns to buy rifles

Bleeeeeeh, Peter has military tradition + rifles + machine guns, better wait for voting.

As far as I remember researching liberalism is NOT mandatory?

BTW
Liberated Tours to Nap to reach Louis quicker,

Begged for maps to prevent Peter and Churchill interfering/vassalising Louis

Took Paulopolis + Marseille, Louis capitulated, liberated Marseille

Gifted health resources to vassals to increase their voting power

Wealth into research for 1 turn to get Biology farms 1 turn earlier.

Total votes for us around 1280, 3,5 % land to domi limit

Traded for Physics and Eco just for points :D

As far as I remember researching liberalism is NOT mandatory?
From the Maintenance Thread:
3) Promote Equality! - You must adopt and stay in Free Religion upon learning Liberalism.
You are not required to learn Liberalism.

The adopt part of the rule to "adopt and stay in Free Religion upon learning Liberalism" does not apply to the Shwedagon Paya; however if you do adopt Free Religion thru the Shwedagon Paya, then you must stay in it.

There is a resident election every 50 years, and some kind of resolution every 10. Couldn't the next resolution be "defensive pact", "open borders" or "assign Paulopolis to Louis" rather than "diplomatic victory"? Are we dependent on the RNG for when the next "diplomatic victory" vote comes up? If we took all the land currently held by barbarians, would that tip domination?

I hope you are aware that the game ends tomorrow?

The F8 tab will tell us anything we need about diplo: turns to next vote (acually we must add 1), votes and such.
Diplo victory always appears, unless you pass the 67% votes on your own. This is why vassals are for.
Let Peter alone unless we can reach Domination before Diplo, which i doubt.

I hope you are aware that the game ends tomorrow?
Yes we are, thank you.
But Tomorrow is actually November 1st, 12 noon for us, right? Or 11 AM for enKage.

My apologies to the other teams for this loooong final, but you can see how we are.

I haven't had to measure the end date down to the last hour before. You guys are cutting it to the bone. However, it's customary in xOTMs that end dates are measured at the International Date Line, so your assumption is correct. Please submit your final save before 12:00 UTC/GMT on November 1st.

The F8 tab will tell us anything we need about diplo: turns to next vote (acually we must add 1), votes and such.
Diplo victory always appears, unless you pass the 67% votes on your own. This is why vassals are for.
Let Peter alone unless we can reach Domination before Diplo, which i doubt.
We were close to winning diplomatic victory when last time. We defeated one more rival, so I'm pretty sure we can win diplomatic if the vote comes up. Are we certain the "diplomatic victory" vote will come up in nine years? Would it be possible for us to wait nine years and have a vote for something other than "diplomatic victory" on the table?

I haven't had to measure the end date down to the last hour before. You guys are cutting it to the bone. However, it's customary in xOTMs that end dates are measured at the International Date Line, so your assumption is correct. Please submit your final save before 12:00 UTC/GMT on November 1st.
The international Date line is on the opposite side of the world from Greenwich. Doesn't it become 12:00 am (midnight) November 1st at the International Date Line when it is like noon, November 1st GMT? Is the 12:00 you are referring to, noon then?

Depends which side of the date line you are on. I'm working on allowing you up to midnight on 1st November anywhere on the globe, so I'm looking east of the date line, where the last places on earth will see 1st November.

12:00 UTC is midday at Greenwich. On 2nd November, that time represents midnight on 1st November to the east of the date line. (I think there's actually only 11 hours difference on the clock, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt)

I dont understand your date discussions :D Deadline is 31 Oct somewhere in US? So in Poland 31st come at least 6 hours earlier :] If I play on 31st it will be ok. I never know how many days each month has (Happy people dont count time or sth like that), but I suppose Oct has 31 days if you stated this in maintanace thread :]

Will play now hitting Enter 9 times xD

I will submit soon if I donr fall asleep on space bar or enter and make submission impossible this way

With Peter cavs and our cities defended by archers or cats, Peter cities with at least machine gun fortified and with no chances to be not the last again I see no reason to prolong the game with warring

OK submitted 9x enter turnset. Let us go see how they make laugh at us at lurkers' thread :D

Top Bottom