[BTS] SGOTM 24 Unusual Suspects

Bad luck about the worker, but at least it wasn't the settler!

At least we have the 'Mids, we are going to need them for sure! Can't open the save just yet... I am running MapFinder for some HoF Challenge games, but the demographics are looking sweet.

Feeling really stupid about the choice to try and speed up the farm at CC. :hammer2::hammer2::hammer2:Going to cost that city at least 10 turns. :aargh:

Screen shots
Spoiler :

Try not to do anything as stupid as me!:nono:

Start the Cataphant army production and go clear us a continent while we research to Optics?

i also need a skip--- i do not have enough time to do the team service, too many balls in the air

does that mean its back to me?

Do it!

OK, here is the skeleton of a PPP.

Tech:
Construction asap, should be about 6-7t. We will also need HBR for Phants which will be another ~4t. As soon as Construction is in... start whipping units hard!!

Army:
I feel we will need an initial invasion force of at least 5-6 Cats, 3 Phants, 2-3 Dogs, 1 Spears. More is better obviously

Cities:
PovP -> HG's (max hammers)
EyeLand -> Maoi (2 pop whip LH next turn)
Other island cities -> basic infra
Cahokia -> finish barracks, build 1 worker, then Dog Soldiers until HBR, then Stable/Phants
MC -> finish barracks, then Dog Soldiers/Spears
Clish -> WB, Granary, LH....
Pork Chop -> Granary then barracks, then Cats
Fishy -> finish LH then barracks, then Cats
Stoned -> Granary (whipped) then barracks, then Cats/Dogs
Settle 'Workers Graveyard'.... TP -> Granary (whip both asap)

Workers: Road to Darius, Island infra

Galleys: come back to mainland and to be used for dropping units next to Persopolis, pick up the Dog Soldier in EyeLand.

Big question.... what do we do with the GM? He can bulb MC, or he can go on a trade mission with the Russians.

He is 12t from Moscow so will get there before or about the same time as any DoW, for comparisons sake we can research MC in 4t on 100%, losing about 300 gold. A trade mission will likely get much, much more than 300, but of course this does not count the lost 4t. So I would be leaning towards a trade mission.... especially as as we do not have Copper for a Colossus build.

edit: and I forgot to check if either Darius or Stalin have ToA.... might change the destination for the trade mission

Last edited:
I would also do the trade mission.

OK, trade mission it is.... will play tonight if I can

OK, playing soon.....enough greens!

Alrighty then.... I have paused 1t from HBR and will upload the save.

Main reason for stopping is to discuss trades and our teching options.

Stalin has 2gpt available, suggest we trade him fish and cancel the clam tribute deal.
Bismark will trade us Alpha + 40g for Currency.

edit: will upload save and images in a bit.... need to watch some TV with my daughter before bed :)

Top Bottom