[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Phoenix Rising

That went as well as could of happened. American Archer went walkies. (uploaded.)

Germans have worker.

So declare and go via cows? Then bombard units. It is the unit option right? Not used a bomber in a while. lol

Really not many decisions this turn. Next turn gets a bit more busy.

So declare on american.
So 3xunits to cows. 1x archer for bait and backup should this go RNG hell.
Air strike too.

Anything else to do?
Science to 0%.
Horsies in da hizzy.

Last edited:
Wow for sure, and he cannot even return into the city.

I tested what works better meanwhile, air bomb or air strike with bomber this turn.
Strike wins easily, to harm his longbow twice and give our first Sword much better chances.

Green on war yup, we already have possible bait with our lonely archer so can use all on cows.

Micro detail, Cap can work horsie now better tile imo.

Green, funny how this goes sometimes with not much to do and then super busy turns again.

Last edited:
um..green:crazyeye:

ha..what would ya'll do without me

get that worker!

Last edited:
Lymond chipping in with invaluable advice again!

Green to strike and attack assuming no new defenders.

Americans build another unit! We may be in trouble that worker is waving around a spade at us!

Okay time to attack. 81% odds.

No losses city is ours.

Uploaded.

Last edited:
double lol, Lymo shocked at how much we "worked" today? ;)

That went so much better than expected, yay.

Super funny, look at Mongolia..Stalin builds a settler oO
If he did not whip that granary, and city never was size 1..will take forever.

Righto, moving galley back into city works against unhappy.

Hmm our chariot can move on cows imo, not slower for getting towards Toku as backup.
Pic of that for our many lurkers
Spoiler :
zzzZZzz time for sure, awesome work Gumbo ~~

Yan not unhappy when chariot leaves :)
We could protect our chopping worker with an Archer, doubt he would attack the forest.
Sword after promo can then take care of Roosy's Archer, but he should take peace very soon after that.

Nitey, have fun with the basketball ;)

Attachments

• chariot.jpg
    chariot.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
ha..no kiddin' ...i was actually on a while ago an nuthin...then poof ...a lot of action

so that is what having at least one chariot around for is nice...to capture workers on attack or chase them into the city. Problem with these satellite cities is they may run all the way home (or get eaten by barbs in the process)

yay! woohoo!

ugh..that American archer look like a problem

I'm fine for calling it a night. Ya'll did some good work today and it is late over there. I'm also a bit distracted with my alma mater playing in the basketball tournament.

Would that make Yan unhappy?

Night-O ..good work, folks!

yeah..we need to figure something out about that archer. If it does not attack it will likely move toward Yan and try choke

oh good ;) ..wasn't sure

nice..we don't need roads to most of these cities..just Mongolia, I think

we must own all of Asia asap..gimme gimme

Note..Biz and Rome like each other

possibly..depends on where the archer moves...they tend to favor defensive terrain, but then there is nothing for him to move on unless he veers W then N.

Last edited:
Maybe need to move galley back into city. Also got some city builds to decide on? Do we want some cottages soon. Economy is tanking. We need that gems.

Ready for English attack next turn.

Right I need to get to bed. Good progress today. If you 2 want to continue that's fine but my bed is calling.

We can move the galley tomorrow. We can decide on archer too. Moving onto cows would be safe but not so for our capital. Decide tomorrow.

Well guided Mylene.

T20 or so culture score bump soon?

Last edited:
Ding ding! Round 2?
The Galley can return to the city.
We have a few workers to decide about.
Is a road to shanghai useful or would we roll onto Toku's capital next? I suspect we lack the galleys for this.
Road to mongolia still useful? I think so.
Further chops for beijing could also be useful. 1NE of worker.
Archer north onto forest to protect worker. Hopefully he won't attack the sword.
Other archer can enter the captured city.

Next turn attack HK by sea.

Could we really attack the other cities with chariots? Would that be enough with a bomber? Otherwise galley chains. Big issue we soon face is we will lose all open borders and that bomber will have no access to other areas of map. So useful to keep 1-2 Ai for OB? We could gift techs.

Can we get alphabet from Japan for peace? 11 turns for alphabet! Ackkk.

Last edited:
Looking, hmm the main question this turn will be what are we building now.
And how many units do we still need for other cities.

Chariot in Bejing would be good i think, can be completed this turn (does ivory for fp work, or stone needed?).
Can join the first Toku attack in time.

Okay, ment changing tile in Bejing.
Dropping floodplains and looking for 30h total (chariot).
Possible that we get an extra hammer from state property maybe.

We would have to gift Toku a city before taking Tokyo, or we can steal nothing anymore ;)

I just looked, and Mongolia had a granary on turn 9 already.
2t Anarchy, 6t growth then whip..close, i think it's possible he started with that granary.
In that case Mongolia might never have been size 2, and currently builds a settler.

Mumbai looks somewhat uninteresting, further away and not many good tiles.

Settler from Yanan looks interesting tbh, close for gold + cows city, as strong as capturing one.
(we would have enuf workers for making that city good fast)

Yup deity AIs can 1 pop whip that, only costs them 36h or so and he gets 6 while growing.

We have 2 (injured, but CR1 soon) Swords at captured city, those could be used for DeG.
If HK attacking Sword survives hopefully next turn, it could also join.

Best attacking tile on circle
Spoiler :
Big question is still Mongolia, if we knew capture is possible we surely would get another Sword from Yanan and Bejing each. (and make Archer on silk at captured city join)

Looked again at T9, sabotage prod is 90 in Mongolia..so it's not possible he whipped that granary, cannot have so many hammers again already.
It's crazy, but i think he builds that settler from game start.

For what gain thou, scouting with chariot? :)
Needed to protect our injured Sword on cows imo.

Attachments

• DeG.jpg
    DeG.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
27 hammers. +3 needed. So yes stone. (I worked it out.)

Would a few cottages help here? Capital maybe?

Letting the Ai develop some of the land here might help us. That ot ensuring they build us some workers. French could whip a settler at some point.
27+10% would be rounded down. Live game shows 29 hammers using ivory.

Tokyo needs 10 turns for a border pop. I wouldn't be rushing to reach it.

Having OB to explore map with bomber is an issue. We still have Istanbul I guess. Do we need astronomy?

Yanan could yet build another chariot. 17 hammers is not ideal.

Why would they give only one city a granary? 16x4=64H. Hmmmm. Also it does not explain why one Ai had 6k pop? So 10H +6H? Could they of 1 pop whipped it at all? Probably not even possible? Best to assume not?

Yanan - What if we put the 17H OF into settler. Then add chop to this. Then grow to size 4 and whip. Maybe better to build chariot for 3 turns and switch to settler on turn of chop for 1 turn.

Yes circle avoids river near the city.

Probably right. No way to prove Mongolia has reached S2.

Last edited:
Bomber is tied up for 3-4 turns now. Could we scout with chariot?

Yes settler us safer. Still appears to be building the settler. If he goes worker next I will laugh!

So what micro for capital? Slow build settler or whip and use OF in places.

Well at size 4 were just about happy. Like most games it's managing the whip anger over 10 turns. Gold, fur and gems will help. We have a gold tile we could be mining now?

We might build that settler to find the Russians steal the spot?

Guang - Hmmm We already have swords for French. Not ready for Tokyo yet! We have forge options but this city could be a great GP farm. I assume we want a Gspy first?

We need to be careful not to build too many high hammer buildings. Assuming conquest was the longest task left for this game? Not so sure it is.

Yes forgot about the fish! So sword whipped into WB for Guang
Beijing Chariot 1 turn.
Yanan - 1 turn of library? Intel agency would give +20 EP a turn. If we plan to steal techs that could be useful. We will need Ep for culture later on. Forge could also be good here to help with Intel agency.

Last edited:
I think let's go with settler from Yanan, not like 2 gold mines are worse for us currently than Mongolia.
And no rng or revolt.

We could grow size 4 in 2t by using floodplains on 1t, chop into settler would be enuf.
Would still need something to build meanwhile, and another question are we fine with stacking up more whip anger.

Would be the right time for longer term Yanan plans, cos we could ofc also put overflow into a library, or Intelligence Agency even if we go more for EP.

Meanwhile we also have Guang up for discussion.
Yep agree, unhappy should be no biggie so settler whip is fine.

Workboat would be good from Guang, for HK.
Fish available when coming out of revolt with our culture.
Could be done with Sword whip overflow.

Yup, some "visions" for this game are needed now or very soon :)
Library 3-whip into workboat could also be done, so could settler for another island city if we want 2 for trade routes. But we did not discuss those points much yet.

Afk a bit, making food.
(i doubt we can play on safely without discussing those topics now or soon as team)

Last edited:
Yes lots to think about here.
At present conquest looks easy in terms of our tech advantage. Ai will take 30-40+ turns to get into their groove.
The chances of Ai building wonders here seems low. Very limited starts and we could easily have 7-8+ cities very soon.
We do need Ep if we plan culture trick.
We may need astronomy if Americans not on our land. Albeit we could also just go for 60% land grab. Lot of dead wasteland here.

Builds liek forge library etc will need a planned use. if we think game will be shorter there is less payback. A forge at 60H seems very reasonable. Less with production bonus. Stuff like CH seem pointless.

The big issue conquest wise is distance going East. Someone suggested 60x100 size map?

Back, and wow Deckhand i never would have thought ;)

I fully expect we need Astro, wasn't it mentioned "conquest might not be the best idea" by mapmakers?

We probably cannot go wrong with running scientists somewhere, Guang seems good for clean scientist pool and lots of food.
Yanan is more difficult, tbh i have no idea if we want an Intel Agency (and it's costing 180h).

Pause is fine for today? Gives Elite and Lymo time.
We played a lot yesterday too.

Our expectation was 300 points from Civil, Military and Wonders.
+58 from AP and 42 from Science.

20 missing ones means we only need 30k culture, hmm..
not that much EP? Not full legendary needed.

500AD (ancient start) Espionage win was tried on HoF, but not reached i think.
So it's not that easy getting that much culture spread.

Hmm..

Okay pause, too many decisions piling up.
We also have workers (improve marble? decent tile and needed for Wonders), one at Guang should get ready for moving into galley.
Let's not feel time pressured just yet, also a bit Civ tired from yesterday still.

Last edited:
Oh you literally went away for 1-2 mins. I took a break from sceen.

I think we should look at this from a point basis.

'
Points system

420 points needed.
  • Culture Ministry: 10 points for 15.000 culture (top 3 cities count)
  • Diplomatic Ministry: 25 points for being AP leader, 33 points for votes = 58
  • Civil Ministry: 100 points for leading in all 9 demographics (automatic on conquest)
  • Military Ministry: 100 points for conquest
  • Science Ministry: 42 points if learning all Medieval
  • Economy Ministry: 100 points * cities with corporation / total cities (except barbarians)
  • Construction Ministry: 4 points per wonder (national counts)

We could aim to get almost 100 culture by reaching most of 150k culture. Could even be mainly from 1-2 cities. If we did that wonders could be a side thing.

We could pause for Elite and Lymond..

I am out most of Saturday.

So do we wait for other to comment?

Okay pause for today.

Last edited:
What? Again I've missed 2 days of discussion with no notifications... It's too easy to miss a new page. I should come here manually to check up on regular intervals. Anyway, nice job grabbing chong! :goodjob: Since I just had a few beer, I won't try to understand too much of what else is going on, comment tomorrow instead. :lol:

@Fippy Hammers invested = Sabotage production/Poison water * 20

So one guy likes beer the other likes Females!

Classic! lol

270/90x20=60 Settler or something else.

Elite look at your alert preferences. Maybe you turned this off?

Receive an alert when someone...
  • Replies to a watched thread

Someone replies to a thread you are watching

Last edited:
Top Bottom