[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Unusual Suspects

I'm about to play now. I found a flaw in my PPP, in my mind the prophet was in yan since I did that stratetical move in my test game but forgot to tell about it here so it haven't been done yet. the Prophet will be ready for a shrine at turn 10 when the PPP is over anyway.
About getting horses to guang in the strange cases that the yellow rver doesnt end in the sea the yeangtze does and yan is already connected but it since it has a traderoute to the american city.

Turn 10 and the very intresting turnset report:
Here is your Session Turn Log from 1800 BC to 1600 BC:
Turn 60, 1600 BC: The borders of Guangzhou are about to expand.

Otherwise everything moved as planned. Stalin started to hate us(like that wasn't unexpected) prophet is 1 turn away from Yan. Beijing and Yan worker are ready for new tasks and we started on HBR we might be able to do it 100% if we are lucky.
Scouting revealed that Toku lives in Indonesia and Australia seems to be a big continent stretching al the way over the indian ocean to Africa.

Civ4ScreenShot0169.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0168.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0167.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0163.JPG

interesting. I guess the next steps are just to keep scouting, found the shrine, figure out the worker / city micro, and play it out.
looks like I'm up. how many turns should I plan on playing after we get the plan in place?
please ignroe.

Last edited:
iS zHARY READY TO HAND OFF? uSUALLY WE PLAY ABOUT 10T SETS... MINE WAS SHORTER DUE TO WORK TRAVEL AND TIME LIMITS. bUT IT IS INFORMAL... WHOEVER IS GOING TO BE READY TO GO WITH AN APPROVED PLAN THE FASTEST IS PROBABLY BEST FOR TEAM.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS LOCK... NOY SHOUTING, JUST CLIUMSY ME.

Do we have an updated test game?

I think it's time to hand over to sittingdown.
This is a point in the game where we need to pause and think a bit.

Some thoughts:
We could steal a worker from roosy now he has one on the cow. On the other hand he is a good trading partner so we might want to befriend him as well.

We could do a fast choko strike on toku now before he start to expand on the mainland. For that the yan worker should be moving to Beijing for chops instead of developing yan.

I think it's time to hand over to sittingdown.

Ok. I'll probably plan on playing 5 turns once we have a plan, unless anyone objects. Maybe everyone's first turn set can be shorter to keep it fair, then we can go to 10 T sets after everyone goes once?

I can't get to the game until ~ 02:00 GMT 2/3/2018, so if someone wants to brainstorm the PPP before that, or work on a test game, that would be good.

Doesn't got time to update the test game during the weekend. sorry
Another idea that could be checked if anyone has the time is whether it is better for the economy to settle the double gold city in the west or focus on economic in our capital. I think yan should be spared from heavy military whipping at least.

...if we build a settler for double gold, we should also check what that does to our HBR timing. or maybe we'll get lucky and Roosevelt will settle it for us!

My apologies, I am busy until next Sunday. Please play on without me although I will try to pop in with some of my opinions as much as possible, access to Civ to open the game will be very limited.

...if we build a settler for double gold, we should also check what that does to our HBR timing. or maybe we'll get lucky and Roosevelt will settle it for us!
Ideal place for that city with food enough to use both gold would be 1w of oasis. No Ai would settle that close to us.

Lets not over-expand... Deity AI are much better at getting a city equipped than we can be. Normally, on Deity it is good to grab land quickly early on to avoid getting left out. But we already haVE THE basis for taking the AI cities by force. Settlers are also more costly in a Classical start IIRC. So settling more is only ok if it does not slow us down on military conquering. It is a small window of opportunity and every turn lost to that goal will have a snowball effect.

The idea about double gold city is that it's better to use a whip to get a settler out there than to work FP cottages. Don't to draw rescources from our army. This is accually better alinged with workers busy getting an army up.
some questions now as I sees it is:
Get some chokus out for the near war before Ha's? I think yes

First target? Stalin, toku, rossy, de Gaul? In my mind getting toku out of our mainland is prio 1 and it could be done with the early chokus. then we go after Russia before he manage to hook up the horses.

Steal worker from america, germany, frace? I think No. If we let the ai grow cities near us that is great. They don't have the resources to produce a large army in china and we can snatch the cities from them just when we want let them produce a settler or two for us.

For long terms plans. Do anyone has the list of spypoint bonuses for cultural spread so that we can do some calculation if this is a good way to make points?

don't have time to update the testgame now. Sorry

The idea about double gold city is that it's better to use a whip to get a settler out there than to work FP cottages. Don't to draw rescources from our army. This is accually better alinged with workers busy getting an army up.

Are you thinking a 4-2 whip?

Do anyone has the list of spypoint bonuses for cultural spread so that we can do some calculation if this is a good way to make points?

I tried a couple of times in the last few days to figure out the GSpy possibilities with World Builder, but I never got to the point where my spies could 'Spread Culture', and I haven't found an Espionage Victory guide to help me through. Any advice?

Top Bottom