SheepNES Sign Up: Warhammer NES.

That says what would be the Empire's first job. Stupid rats.

There will be rules governing the Skaven and their relations with other races. Pretty much the Empire doesnt believe they exist anymore, except for some scholars who have seen the shreds of thousand year old texts that point towards 'rat-men'. Skaven in turn on the whole dont want the rest of the world they exist either, so therefore it would take a unanimous vote from their Council of Thirteen, ruling rats of Clans and the Grey Seers to even so much as send diplomacy, let alone war against another race. For the Skaven all dealings with other races is therefore backroom and against Council wishes.

There will be rules governing the Skaven and their relations with other races. Pretty much the Empire doesnt believe they exist anymore, except for some scholars who have seen the shreds of thousand year old texts that point towards 'rat-men'. Skaven in turn on the whole dont want the rest of the world they exist either, so therefore it would take a unanimous vote from their Council of Thirteen, ruling rats of Clans and the Grey Seers to even so much as send diplomacy, let alone war against another race. For the Skaven all dealings with other races is therefore backroom and against Council wishes.

Sheep, could you point me to anywhere I might do a little reading on Warhammer? I'm not entirely as familiar with the universe as much as I'd like to be, and I can't seem to find much on the great intarwubz that gives me information. :)

Lord of the Elves,

Lexicanum is a good site to start at. It's fantasy collection isn't nearly as good as it's Warhammer 40,000 collection, but that's a good thing in this case, as the minutiae won't distract you. The link below should give you a good jumping off point.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/World

Lord of the Elves,

Lexicanum is a good site to start at. It's fantasy collection isn't nearly as good as it's Warhammer 40,000 collection, but that's a good thing in this case, as the minutiae won't distract you. The link below should give you a good jumping off point.

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/World

Thanks!

Skaven map with Clan affiliated Strongholds marked out.

Now do those mean they are in abundance in those locations or that they are simply able to get to those locations?

Because damn that's a huge amount to draw on if they are in abundance in all those areas.

In Warhammer canon, the Skaven outnumber all the other sentient races. Combined. It's just that very few of them are warriors, a large minority are slaves, the clans can't work together, and clans are divided into as many self-serving factions as there are Skaven in them.

In Warhammer canon, the Skaven outnumber all the other sentient races. Combined. It's just that very few of them are warriors, a large minority are slaves, the clans can't work together, and clans are divided into as many self-serving factions as there are Skaven in them.

They're also rats.
;)

Yeah and I am sorry but I hope Iggy only plays one clan not the whole Skraven race....Cause of above :)

Yes, but he said if no one takes another clan he wants to be the entire under empire.

Don't worry, if that is the case, then I'll be sure to stab myself in the back more often than anything else.

Skyre Rargh!

All fail when compared to the pure might of a fluffy white bunny.

That being said, I think I might grow some carrots as a defence mechanism/bait right away.

Now do those mean they are in abundance in those locations or that they are simply able to get to those locations?

Because damn that's a huge amount to draw on if they are in abundance in all those areas.

Most stronghold locations only hold a few thousand Skaven, of which roughly 5% are warriors. While Skaven do outnumber the rest of the races in the world combined, this does not mean that they will simply overwhelm everyone else. They are a very factitious race, timid to the extreme when it comes to make bold decisions, and it will be exceptionally hard to not only try and unite the Skaven race but also then weild it against the others.

Whoa sorry I am still just reading up to try and figure all this out...lots of catch up to do.

The Rules in Formulation Thus Far....

Welcome to the world of Warhammer. An ancient world once ruled by a sage race known simply as the 'Old Ones' who created many races in which to create balance and serve their own now forgotten designs. What is known of the Old Ones is that they were torn asunder by Chaos, a force now inhabiting the north and south poles of the world, a force that from all magic enemates and thus must be harnesed by the races of the world, but a force that can and most probably will bring about the complete destruction of the realms of the mortal races.

Rules of the NES

The Role of the Player.

You, as the player of this nes are to assume the government and ultimatley the leader of said government within the nation. At times this will mean certain proportions of your nation may not heed your commands, as they could fall outside this, however should good governance be your aim, this should not be an issue.

The Role of the Game Mod

As the Game Mod, my role is to ensure that there is chiefly an update on a regular basis. This will be carried out pending reallife committments, which will be notified to the players in advance. I will also be responsible for the forces of Chaos, thus the level of magic available in the world to each of the races, and those nations that are unlucky enough not to attract a committed player such as yourself.

Races of Warhammer

There are many different races of beings in the Warhammer world, each with varying abilities, cultures, history and indeed even thought processes! The most common race is that of Man, for political correctness reasons I have renamed Human. Below these rules you will find an overview of each race, and the special abilities that allowed those races. Humans being the default do not have special abilities, however individual Human nations will have some special rules themselves.

Special Rules

Below will be the list of generic special rules that are assigned multiple nations and races. This is to save me explaining multiple times the same Special rule.

Magic

Each race will be allowed access to certain 'Schools of Magic'. The overall magic level that you can wield within the NES is determined by the overall strength of the 'Winds of Chaos' along with other determining factors such as the 'Investments in Magic Training'. There will be a numerical number out of 10 showng your overall magic strength for the turn.

Money

Each race has its own coin, however each coin is relatively of equal value in this NES to ensure that its easier for me! Money can be traded by the person with the money by PM during any orders given. Money can be used to build up 'Defensive Infrastructure', the hiring of new regiments (manpower permitting) or units and Invested into Educational Enterprise and Magic Training. The rate on which you earn money is on a rate party arbitarily set by myself and partly as the result of your planning and dice rolls.

Defensive Infrastructure

This is the infrastructure with which your preeceeding governments have built in the defense of your nation, and that you must build upon. Some races snub their noses at defensive infrastructre, preferring offensive action, but others, especially the Old World Human nations and Cathay have come to see that it is preferrable to having their farms raided and their women raped and sold to slavery!

Manpower

Your available Manpower rate shows the number of units you have of first willing volunteers, and then those that you can conscript, which are decidedly of poorer quality to begin with, and can only be organised into milita units of citizenry under arms. The level of those who volunteer will rise should the need be greater, homes are threatened or there is a decidely good propaganda program that shows the true nature of that race. Also some races will often have a higher manpower rate than others to show their greater rates of reproduction.

Lords and Heroes

Each nation will be able to call upon up to five lords and ten heroes depending on their size during times of war. Lords are required to lead an army on campaign outside the borders of your realm, making them even more valuable. Heroes themselves are best placed in regiments where they can help provide courage and resolve to do what must be done! Be careful however. Lords and Heroes spawn at random through dice rolls and the loss of too many will cause disquiet on the home front as the people's equivalents to our popstars are killed by what is assumed to be your lacking generalship!

Battle Wizzards

Battle Wizzards may march with your armies, however the number of wizzards willing to do so are few during times of relative peace and quiet. Therefore a number of wizzards allowed to march with your armies will vary on a 3D6 based scale with - 10 -your Magic Level giving you the number of wizzards that will travel with your armies that turn. Wizzards can be sent to any front and may use one spell each, each turn. The minimum number of wizzards you can have is 0, yes thats right, your wizzrds can be cowards too!

Rare Units

There are certain units of which you may only ever recruit a certain number at any one time. If one of these Rare Units is destroyed in battle, you will have to wait 2 turns before you may replace it with a newly purchased unit of the same type. These things aint cheap or easy to make you know!

Core Units

The majority of units will be considered Core Units and therefore you may purchase as many of them as possible, provided that you have the money and manpower to fill the ranks!

Upkeep

Each regiment will attract an upkeep charge that will be subtracted from your economy automatically upon purchase. This will mean that the more troops you hold under your banner, the less money you will have to do other things with. Be careful of having too high an upkeep! Should you do this there is every chance that the armed forces could rebel and then you will be up the River Reik near the Altdorf sewage works without a paddle!

Battles

Battles will always have an element of luck involved to keep close to the traditions of the tabletop boardgame. To keep it simple I am devising a simple Axis and Allies type system of attack and defense points for each unit that will be in play in the game. Due to the size of the game, while I respect those who wish to use intractite tactical manovers on the battlefield, I would prefer strategic underpinnings and the division of forces to ensure that updates aren't delayed for everyone else!

Education Enterprise

As Education is not widespread throughout most of the Warhammer world, there is not a decided push for technology as there exists in the Real World. Therefore you while you may invest into education-based enterprise regimes, the results will be somewhat random and decided entirely by the luck of the dice. Do not expect some technology race as great inventions will be very few and far between in the time scale of the game. This will be represented by the % of the amount the scientific community asked for last turn followed by the amount they are asking for this turn from the government treasury.

Governments

At stated at the begining, you are the government. However there are many government types. For NES purposes, all of these pretty much function the same way, as there is little true democracy in this world. However please feel free to embellish these governments with your own stories, and this may attract bonuses for your actions in the future.

Rebellions

Also as previously stated, there will be Rebellions. These rebellions will be spawned by a combination of a few things: losing wars, bad policies, bankruptcy.... etc. If there is a rebellion, you can choose to join the rebellion and hope for success, or you can try and fight for the success of the old regime. IF you lose the ensuring civil war, no matter which side you take, the nation is thrown into anarchy and you miss two turns so to speak, past the ability to defend yourself.

Animosities

Certain races will not like each other. This means they fight extra hard and are more likely to try and fight to the death, rather than pull back when ordered to do so! While this can be a boon to your fighting abilities, it can also mean disaster if forgotten about or disregarded completely! The list of those races that have animosity with whom will accompany the races overviews.

Skaven Relations

While the bulk of the Skaven special rules will be along with their race description, I thought it was important to note that under no circumstances can races that have a 'Skaven awarness' rating of less than 10 can openly converse with Skaven Clans. Those who are less than 10 out of 10 cannot. Skaven Clans for the most part must gain Council fo Thirteen approval to converse or engage in war against their topside neighbours. Until then they are largely confined to the scheming of the Under Empire.

Thoughts will be appreciated... I plan on doing a small paragraph on each race... followed by some special rules that will apply to their functioning, with special focus on some of the human nations as they vary somewhat between each other.

Once I complete this, I will then start on the Unit types.... finally followed up by the stats.

Who would be upset if I made it in the first turn there was only the purchasing of the inital army, so everyone could decide what they had in their armed forces instead of bickering they didnt get what they wanted. I would set the initial phase as 10 times the income amount before upkeep is subtracted for the very first time....... objections to this line of thought, please raise their hands now!!!!

Top Bottom