Shopping Thread .. or What Did You Buy?

Our refrigerator died. :cry:

Our local electronics store only takes cash, but I don't have that much, having just laid out a ton to replace my window screens. :sad: We drove into Tag, where the store there was having a huge sale. :cool: I put it all on my credit card. :goodjob: We got a call while driving home. Their delivery truck is having a er two mechanical problems. There'll be no delivery until Tuesday :sad:

New headphones, rolling paper and Star Trek Lower Decks season 1 on DVD

New pan and spatula, which I have learned is actually called a "turner." Weird.
Hmmm Turner used to be a mod here. Weird.

I replaced my 8 year old car tires with 4 new ones.

DVD? Are you also using landline phone and abacus too?
yes, i do rely on a land line phone. I don't like phones so i never got a smart phone......other than a nokia brick i had like 15 years ago......
Now if you'll excuse me, i need to count up my likes on the abacus.

DVD? Are you also using landline phone and abacus too?
Not all of us have access to every streaming channel ever, and we do like to actually keep a physical copy of some things.

So...

Yes, I use DVDs.
Yes, I use a landline.
As for the abacus, I did have one, but it didn't survive one of my moves. I've been considering replacing it.

I still have the slide rule I had to learn to use in Grade 10 math (it was a more practical math stream; between it and Grade 10 chemistry labs, I finally got comfortable using the metric system).

What I bought... weekly groceries. NOT happy that my grocery store has discontinued Maddy's cat food, so now I need to do research on ingredients, find out what brands have had recall issues, and from the rest, figure out what she likes.

After a long absence, the store finally got in a supply of Diet Fiesty Cherry Coke.

What'd you do for the other four tires?
Doesn't everyone replace their tires after a year? I'm saving the other four for my Michelin Man Halloween costume.

Doesn't everyone replace their tires after a year? I'm saving the other four for my Michelin Man Halloween costume.

I replace my tires when the garage tells me I have to. I do so little mileage that is rare though. On my current truck, which i've had a number of years, only one has needed a change so far. I think my garage might be a bit dodgy though as they are very old tyres and have quite a bit of cracking etc in the walls.

Yeah, mine were starting to dry rot.

Does mains water count?

Ever since I developed a property from a house into two flats, the metres and bills have been haywire. A few days ago a water bill came to me, that was for £935!! This was for a misidentified water mains metre, unpaid since Feb '19. Thankfully they have allowed me to split it over the next 12 months.. but really I could have done without such expenses!

Our 20 year old microwave stopped working last week. We ordered a new one to be delivered today. A long weekend without one sent us back to the past. The new one, due to be delivered today, won't. It is delayed for reasons unknown. :(

Top Bottom