Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope it doesn't matter so long as when you call it, you follow the same case

I found a bit of a building problem in the Transhuman era.

To build a Nanofactory, I need a Gamma Assembler.
To build a Gamma Assembler, I need an Uterine Replicator.
To build an Uterine Replicator, I need an Anthropomorphic Lab and Nanobots.
To build an Anthropomorphics Lab, I need Nanoactuators.
To build a Nanoactuator Factory, I need a Nanofactory.

I'm pretty sure the requirement on the Nanofactory should be a Delta Assembler, not a Gamma Assembler since the tech for the Gamma is 5 tech layers above the Nanofactory.

SVN 6667

Ed: Changed the requirement to delta and unlocked like 20 buildings, this makes much more sense. It's \Assets\Modules\Hydro\Craft\Craft_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml line 19242 if a modder wants to change it in the SVN. BUILDINGCLASS_GAMMA_ASSEMBLER -> BUILDINGCLASS_DELTA_ASSEMBLER

CTD again repeatable

I get this error when i load the save.
Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvGlobals.cpp
Line:  5211
SVN-Rev:  6683
Expression:  stricmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0
Message:  info type ATTACHABLE_CHIMNEYSMOKE not found, Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4EspionageMissionInfo.xml

----------------------------------------------------------

In my current game, I have an oversea colony that I decided to free. I choose to do this from the revolutions screen, but when I do this I am forced to declare war on every other civ in the game. I was under the impression from a previous game that my liberated cities become a new civ and start as a vassal of me. I'm not sure which is the correct behavior, but I think the new civ becomes a vassal option seems like the correct action.

Assuming this is a bug, I think it is due to me using the start as minor civs option. My new colony starts as a minor civ and is at war with everyone, since they start as my vassal I also am at war with everyone. Oddly, even though I inhereit the war from them, they don't even remain my vassal so it's really pointless to free them.

I attached the save from right before I freed them.

Attachments

• C2C-2.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
Realistic culture expansion was somewhat broken recently. I am playing with SVN from yesterday and with the first city everything seemed OK. Then I conquered another one and it expands its cultural levels normally and not in a realistic slower way. Attached file is just one turn before the expansion to Developing level, which gives the second city much bigger borders than the capital has at the same level.
A similar thing happened some month ago when I loaded my old save into new SVN build - the first capital culture expansion gave it much much bigger borders, like a normal expansion, not a realistic one. So its some older change. But it was OK in the official build v33.

Attachments

• culture_expansion.CivBeyondSwordSave
    980.6 KB · Views: 46
I can't launch game after SVN 6700, it keeps crashing at desktop before it is launched.

Edit: When I reverse game to SVN 6699 it launches again without any problem.

CTD again

I looked at the save earlier - took me about 5 hrs to get through the recalc and first turn running it on the debugger - eegads! But I could not repeat the crash so its entirely possible it was fixed.

However, I did see the assert that alberts points out above. In addition, we had numerous city caching and unit pathing asserts coming up throughout the turn change. Those areas are baffling to me entirely and are/were purely Koshling's territory and the way they are coded is at a level far beyond what I can currently understand. So I'm truly lost looking at those and I have no idea if they might have anything to do with whatever caused the crash.

I figured I'd take a look at the minidump and see if I can figure out what was happening when it crashed at least.

EDIT: Ok, this is either exactly the same or similar to the last minidump I looked into from you recently. There was an attempt to put a unit on Idle and it elicited a problem. However, the problem was in a value that represented a count of the amount of Unit Entries in CvUnitFormationInfo. I don't know much about unit formation issues. But I do recall you recently were adjusting some formation informations... might want to do two things there. 1) Double check to make sure its all coded without any errors in those files. and 2) I get a feeling that this MAY have something to do with running the game without clearing the cache after some changes being made that are somehow not prepared to work with the caching quite right. You MIGHT try deleting the cache again after any formation changes. Again... this crash didn't trigger for me when I was debugging so I'm left with a lot of guesswork here. Koshling or Alberts may have better insights looking into this one.

I looked at the save earlier - took me about 5 hrs to get through the recalc and first turn running it on the debugger - eegads! elicited a problem. However, the problem was in a value that represented a count of the amount of Unit Entries in CvUnitFormationInfo. I don't know much about unit formation issues. But I do recall you recently were adjusting some formation informations... might want to do two things there. Koshling or Alberts may have better insights looking into this one.

Could have something to do with these guys just swimming in the middle of the ocean then??

I have already mentioned before that the "formations" are completely messed up since this schema stuff has been placed ingame.

Delete me please! :lol:

Could have something to do with these guys just swimming in the middle of the ocean then??

I have already mentioned before that the "formations" are completely messed up since this schema stuff has been placed ingame. Infact they look and feel absolutely STUPID.:mad::mad:

I wanted to take a look at this last weekend but i had some reallife trouble sorry.

If there is something wrong in the dll it has nothing to do with the schema validation but it is possible that it got messed up during the xml parser change.

r6699: repeatable CTD on end turn or recalc (minudump is from end turn).
Cache clearing doesn't help.

Edit: Weird, after 3rd try recalc didn't crash, and then I saved, loaded, and was able to pass end turn. I don't get it.

Attachments

• MiniDump.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 41
  • QuickSave.7z
    874.7 KB · Views: 50
I wanted to take a look at this last weekend but i had some reallife trouble sorry.

If there is something wrong in the dll it has nothing to do with the schema validation but it is possible that it got messed up during the xml parser change.

Ok i found the issue it was just a missing / that one is on n47 and myself for not finding it while merging her changes.
The UnitFormations have not been loaded from the xml but it is strange that where was no error because of the missing UnitFormations.

I have noticed that as we go along fewer and fewer of the bug options are working. About a month ago the option to turn off the messages form buildings stopping working due to civic changes stopped working. Today I can't turn off tick marks, max/min move buttons on science etc nor the domination % messages. Anyone else having these problems?

Field of View never saves from start of my saved games.. Other then that I haven't turned anything off to notice. I set and forget sorry. ;)

Field of View never saves from start of my saved games.. Other then that I haven't turned anything off to notice. I set and forget sorry. ;)
It seems to have trouble remembering, but you can set the default fov (Field of View Value = xx) to your liking in BUG Main Interface.ini in the user setting folder. I have it set at 57 as default, while the svn file has it at 47 42.

It seems to have trouble remembering, but you can set the default fov (Field of View Value = xx) to your liking in BUG Main Interface.ini in the user setting folder. I have it set at 57 as default, while the svn file has it at 47.

HUH? It should be set to 42.

The fish market: Isnt this QUITE a bit HIGH for cost??? I am playing on Epic, i'd hate to see it on Snail??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom