• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gatherers don't die when building pasture. Not sure if that is intended :)

Gatherers also don't die if they build camps, mines or lumberjacks for instance. All the "more advanced" improvements...

Can someone explain WHY the "worker" is not going to the artstyles (ethcnic) usage is messed up using a "native" civ and then seeing a "regular" worker with a mule/elephant etc etc?? I dont know how to fix this, ANYONE??

EDIT: Also about Super Forts

When my Mammoth Rider went ONTO the fort it didnt change to MY fort, it stayed Barbarian, but when i put my Javalineer on it, it became MY fort and changed color (pic 4)???

Penthesilea is not using a static leaderhead.

Suggested image:
Spoiler :

There are two Parrot Catcher buildings, one requiring only Parrots in CV, another requiring Parrots and Spices in CV. The latter needs to be deleted or renamed to some other bird.

The Dead Sea should not act as a fresh water source. It is a salt lake (w/ very high salinity, hence why it is "dead", so maybe even give negative food yield) Suggestion make the wonder provide a free Salt resource.

The Dead Sea should not act as a fresh water source. It is a salt lake (w/ very high salinity, hence why it is "dead", so maybe even give negative food yield) Suggestion make the wonder provide a free Salt resource.

1. Beat me to it.:) Thought this, when adding natural wonders in SEM.

2. I have "hide obsolete worker actions" checked, but when I build a stone watch tower, the worker then has the option to buid a wooden watch tower (destroying the stone tower).

Suggestion make the wonder provide a free Salt resource.

This would be possible if we'd give the Wonder Salt Trade as Tech prereq. OR, which is a bit silly I think, we can make an event that trigger when you have both: Salt Trade and the Dead Sea wonder. This event could provide salt.

Sea also acts as fresh water source in vanilla civ iv and c2c.

As with lots of things, vanilla civ4 is wrong. The clue is in the title DEAD SEA. Even if you can not swim, you just float anyway - the salt density is so large. It is not a freshwater source - just the opposite.

Remove fresh water (and add salt as 0100010 [34] posted) and in the modern era's (1950/70+) add a tourism bonus.

As with lots of things, vanilla civ4 is wrong. The clue is in the title DEAD SEA. Even if you can not swim, you just float anyway - the salt density is so large. It is not a freshwater source - just the opposite.

Remove fresh water (and add salt as 01000101 [69] posted) and in the modern era's (1950/70+) add a tourism bonus.

We don't add those things to the Natural Wonders but to the building that requires the Natural Wonder to be in the vicinity of the city. It breaks with the regenerate map function. To fix it requires a Python change every time you change a Natural Wonder or add new ones. Much easier to just have it on the building.

The building will give a free salt but you wont be able to use it until it is enabled which is at salt processing.

I can do something about fresh water from the feature but can't change coasts.

So I should change the building to give 1 free Salt resource? But how do you ensure it can't be used before Salt Trading? The Tannery for example uses salt as well to increase the :hammers:.

And there is nothing wrong with coast giving fresh water. If you dig a hole like 5-10m away from the water you don't have to dig very deep until you reach ground water, which is fresh water, even this close to the coast.

So I should change the building to give 1 free Salt resource? But how do you ensure it can't be used before Salt Trading? The Tannery for example uses salt as well to increase the :hammers:.

Does not matter how soon you have salt or how many of them you have they just don't count as available until the tech than enables trade. You can tell because they don't show up in the city resource window until then.

I have done the change. It provides two free salt bonuses.

And there is nothing wrong with coast giving fresh water. If you dig a hole like 5-10m away from the water you don't have to dig very deep until you reach ground water, which is fresh water, even this close to the coast.

Not always. Especially if the aquifer is a salt water one. :D

Some countries use desalination to obtain fresh water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom