• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to tell you that the Future Era techs bleeding over must be a result of bad code for that option so the option must be turned off and it will probably solve itself. You can do that from the world builder. Having played AND with the option on would've invited it to be on when it shouldn't have been possible to turn it on here since the options weren't cleared by starting a Play Now game just to clear it before starting the 'real' game.

They, hidden options, should be being cleared, set to default, no matter where you come from no. I put Platyping's code in that does all that.

Yeah, I noticed Joe's post in the other thread - must be that recalculation won't catch the change to the techs it having been on introduced and turning the option off doesn't change it back. Frustrating. But that should help in the future! Good job both of you :D

Keep getting EoT non repeatable CTDs. Playing with SVN 6958.

Minidumps (3) attached.

JosEPh

1 & 3 were the same thing and I think I've solved them. You never can fully tell with non-repeatables. 2 may have been derivative. Very odd that these would be manifesting as non-repeatable ctds though. I might be wrong as to what's causing them so I'd like Alberts to take a look.

I can't commit this yet - my internet is going haywire here.

I can´t build a Barley Farm (the building). It doesn´t even appear in my building list though Barley is in the city vicinity and the research requirements are met (Agriculture).
Look at Mistra or Heraclea in the attached savegame.

Attachments

• Peter BC-12525.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
I can´t build a Barley Farm (the building). It doesn´t even appear in my building list though Barley is in the city vicinity and the research requirements are met (Agriculture).
Look at Mistra or Heraclea in the attached savegame.

When I load your save I can build a barley farm in Mystra no problems. You can't in Heraclea because it has neither the route nor farm/seed camp improvement on the barley plot.

1 & 3 were the same thing and I think I've solved them. You never can fully tell with non-repeatables. 2 may have been derivative. Very odd that these would be manifesting as non-repeatable ctds though. I might be wrong as to what's causing them so I'd like Alberts to take a look.

Joe posted minidump's from similar crashes a few weeks ago but they where never happening here that was the reason i never fixed them. I don't like to make changes without knowing if they solve the problem or not. Also i think if there would be a problem we should see those crashes happening to others as well it is always possible that there is a local problem (hardware issue, corrupted files, modifications........)

Btw: Sorry for my recuced activity here i have health problems and the forum is loading very slow since a few days.

Unit UN attaches itself when trying to move it, each and every time??? The captive unit will not work correctly when i tried to attach it to the GH and tracker, it just UNattaches itself all the time?:mad:

Since i use a different Civ4CilizationInfos than normal, here is the different one attached, it just changes the names is all of the cultures. It goes into the Custom Civ modules area under culture, the ones i made for DH (Nomad_CIV4CivilizationInfos) That all i play with now, its just too much fun.

Answered below by DH

The captive unit will not work correctly when i tried to attach it to the GH and tracker, it just UNattaches itself all the time?:mad

Captives can not reveal map so if you move the stack to reveal any of the map te captives will leave the stack. Same as with subdued animals. They will stay with the stack if the move wont reveal map.

It is working as intended.

Captives can not reveal map so if you move the stack to reveal any of the map te captives will leave the stack. Same as with subdued animals. They will stay with the stack if the move wont reveal map.

It is working as intended.

Yeppers (thx) i just found that out after i kept trying to move it, MAN its a long way BACK to the capital :whew:

OK then

The Rouge unit does not had the odds listed when trying to attack, its just blank??

Joe posted minidump's from similar crashes a few weeks ago but they where never happening here that was the reason i never fixed them. I don't like to make changes without knowing if they solve the problem or not. Also i think if there would be a problem we should see those crashes happening to others as well it is always possible that there is a local problem (hardware issue, corrupted files, modifications........)

Btw: Sorry for my recuced activity here i have health problems and the forum is loading very slow since a few days.
This is what struck me as being potentially erroneous. Perhaps it has something to do with varied ways the computer can process the removal of the unit but:
Code:
	GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).deleteUnit(getID());

if (pPlot != NULL)
	{

eOwner = getOwnerINLINE();
		eCapturingPlayer = getCapturingPlayer();
The 1st and 3rd were crashing, as you could see, on the last line there. But what's interesting about that is the call to really delete the unit was preceding this point(the first line here.) Particularly the call to remove the unit from the player's roster. So when it calls eOwner = getOwnerINLINE(); I can see how it can sometimes have already done something to mess up that call. Often a crash point indicated is actually crashing in the line BEFORE the line it's pointing to so I thought maybe that call to define the owner of the unit when the unit already has no owner was probably a potential problem. So I put the act to define eOwner as getOwnerINLINE() right up top where eOwner is initialized in the first place. That may well clear up the whole thing I think. And may stop what could be a bug in other ways that isn't manifesting as a crash but may be interrupting THIS capture mechanism from working properly. That would be a tough to notice effect.

About your reduced activity... you don't have to apologize man! Everything you do is a golden gift for us so I just appreciate it when you can offer it. I think every member on the team puts a lot of pressure on ourselves and sometimes that leads to very long hiatuses when we let the pressure get to us so I'd rather see you cool down when you need to and come back to us with real motivation when you've got it. Internet problems and health problems can sure take a toll on the drive to help too. Also... we've had things somewhat under control here - I'm just glad I'm catching and fixing my own bugs a lot more than I used to be able to - feels a lot more responsible that way.

But yeah, if I run up against issues I can't solve I'll be sure to ask you. I know the one thing I'm hoping you'll help us with eventually is the new streamlined replacement mechanism you and DH discussed out would be optimal for game option edits. I've got a few goals pending that development but not mentioning it to rush ya. Take care of yourself and make sure to get your health back up to par as much as you can man.

Yeppers (thx) i just found that out after i kept trying to move it, MAN its a long way BACK to the capital :whew:

OK then

The Rouge unit does not had the odds listed when trying to attack, its just blank??

THAT is interesting! There's some coding that involves invisible units and odds and maybe there's something funny going on there. This should be a good test case to sort that out with so thanks for the save!

@TB or Alberts

According to the unit schema
Code:
	<ElementType name="BuildingType" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="PrereqOrBuildings" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="BuildingType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
the following should be right
Code:
                    <PrereqOrBuildings>
                           <BuildingType>BUILDING_BEAR_TRAINER_EFFECT</BuildingType>
                           <BuildingType>BUILDING_BEAR_TRAINER</BuildingType>
                    </PrereqOrBuildings>
and when I first tested it the pedia showed the correct buildings as required but now it is showing Palace or Forbidden Palace as being the required buildings:confused:

@DH: Try this:

Code:
                          <PrereqOrBuildingClasses>
				<PrereqOrBuildingClass>
					<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_BEAR_TRAINER_EFFECT</BuildingClassType>
					<bPrereqBuildingClass>1</bPrereqBuildingClass>
				</PrereqOrBuildingClass>
				<PrereqOrBuildingClass>
					<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_BEAR_TRAINER</BuildingClassType>
				</PrereqOrBuildingClass>
			</PrereqOrBuildingClasses>

@DH: Try this:

Code:
                          <PrereqOrBuildingClasses>
				<PrereqOrBuildingClass>
					<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_BEAR_TRAINER_EFFECT</BuildingClassType>
				</PrereqOrBuildingClass>
				<PrereqOrBuildingClass>
					<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_BEAR_TRAINER</BuildingClassType>
				</PrereqOrBuildingClass>
			</PrereqOrBuildingClasses>

Those tags don't exist on the Unit file. I added "unit" to my earlier post. Sorry for the confusion.

@TB or Alberts

According to the unit schema
Code:
	<ElementType name="BuildingType" content="textOnly"/>
	<ElementType name="PrereqOrBuildings" content="eltOnly">
		<element type="BuildingType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="*"/>
	</ElementType>
the following should be right
Code:
                    <PrereqOrBuildings>
                           <BuildingType>BUILDING_BEAR_TRAINER_EFFECT</BuildingType>
                           <BuildingType>BUILDING_BEAR_TRAINER</BuildingType>
                    </PrereqOrBuildings>
and when I first tested it the pedia showed the correct buildings as required but now it is showing Palace or Forbidden Palace as being the required buildings:confused:

You are using this tag for the 'Bear Rider' unit.
It should be right and for me the pedia shows the right buildings i don't see any Palace required there.

Attachments

• Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 158

I have a 4th Mini if you need it. Happened soon after the 3rd one.

JosEPh

I have a 4th Mini if you need it. Happened soon after the 3rd one.

JosEPh

Same crash. Thanks though. If it keeps happening after my next commit, let me know.

Whats up with the Sniper unit on promotions?? The unit cant really get anything any longer (pic 1) and we cant even attach a warlord like before either?? pic 2)
As for promos... perhaps you were looking for some of the promos it had access to as a criminal. I'd have to look into a specific one we feel we should have access to that we don't but I'm not currently struck with any recognition of a problem as I look at the prereqs (though I did find some other prereq issues and fixed up some.)

Are you saying it can't promote past Combat 4? It looks like some were and some weren't and without selecting just the unit that's promoting how would we know what promos it actually does or doesn't have access to from such an image? I can't say for sure from looking at that image that the one unit promoting didn't already have the full Combat 6 as some of them in the stack did.

Looking into the units leading issue and did find one possible cause but Ill need your save , slow as it may be to profile with to look into it further unless I see the problem crop in playtesting myself at some point.

OK then

What makes this all the more strange is I didn't have any trouble pulling up the odds from your save. I've had tough times with hovers before - sometimes something is stuck there. Hover the mouse around to make sure you're able to pull up a hover over panel on anything when this happens then when you've verified you can and you've been able to move the mouse off and the panel closes then you should be able to get the odds however info to come up. It's either that or an option you have in use that I don't that's causing the issue. I've not evaluated the behaviors on all display options.

Current SVN CTD

@ DH

the Bear Rider is still appearing in ALL cultures?? Even withOUT any Bear Wonder stuff. All i did so far was just research MegaFauna . .
If that's a non-repeatable CTD it doesn't surprise me too much. It seems to be the result of an out of bounds random result but things didn't match up enough with that minidump for me to figure out where that was taking place. Perhaps Alberts may have better luck with that if he can catch a minute to look into it. I suspect this one would very rarely take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom