Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, at this point, by the time I get around to it, the current assets will break ALL savegames anyhow.
As i said thats ok with me, and can u at least let people know around 4-5 days before u break them, |just sayin" thx.. And in that are u also finally getting rid of some of the beginning game options?? and also, do u have any info on the last 2 options that are now in where i can find info on them, thx . . .SO and btw ur doing a great job!!!!!:thumbsup:

And in that are u also finally getting rid of some of the beginning game options??
No... that's already been swept up as much as can be for now. Took place in the last major save breaking commit.
and also, do u have any info on the last 2 options that are now in where i can find info on them, thx
I've tried very hard to say what needed to be said about them in the hover information. I've also given them defaults that are based on my suggestions on how to select them.

The Realistic Siege option activates minimum defense values on defensive buildings such as walls, and activates the function where buildings can define how low you must reduce defenses before most units can attack the city.

The Vanilla Combat option reverts our combat processing back to simpler days where the odds are not quite as dramatic. Lesser units have a better chance against superior units and first strikes/stealth strikes aren't quite as powerful as they are without the option. In essence, the difference is simply that on the C2C core system, damage to units weakens them DURING battle, not just purely tallied afterwards.

FYI I have passed the maximum number of buildings a unit can build. There are to many animal story/stories buildings for the BARD. It does not cause an error but the extra buildings are ignored.

FYI I have passed the maximum number of buildings a unit can build. There are to many animal story/stories buildings for the BARD. It does not cause an error but the extra buildings are ignored.
Time then to start deleting some . . .

Strange... theoretically there really shouldn't BE a maximum (except for outright data limitations of course and that would be a LOT.) Are you SURE you haven't got an error in one that stuffs up the rest of the stream after it?

Strange... theoretically there really shouldn't BE a maximum (except for outright data limitations of course and that would be a LOT.) Are you SURE you haven't got an error in one that stuffs up the rest of the stream after it?
There is no way for me to tell. They are just copy and paste transactions. Each animal requires a transaction to add the unit's STORY and STORIES building to the Bard, Entertainer and Celebrity buildings list.

Hello to the Civ community,
I have encountered an error while i was playing Civ IV : C2C
A fatal crash happens everytime I end a turn, so the game is unable to proceed.
If someone could help I would be thankful.

Attachments

• PythonErr2.rar
    2.2 KB · Views: 29
Hello to the Civ community,
I have encountered an error while i was playing Civ IV : C2C
A fatal crash happens everytime I end a turn, so the game is unable to proceed.
If someone could help I would be thankful.
It would be a savegame before endturn that would help me to figure it out for you. Go ahead and post it. I'll have to back out of all changes I've made that will break saves to figure out what the problem is but I might do that and provide a special dll update for you and adopt the fix into the core. That is IF I can replicate the crash. One thing that could help with that is to show me what MainGame options you are using (the ones you set in the civilization game panel where you can go to exit to desktop or main menu while you're in the game.)

The only known outstanding crashes are either VERY rare or are based on graphic animation settings. You might be able to get through the turn by turning off the game showing enemy moves and battles.

I uploaded my main game options, but unfortunately the savegame file is to large to be posted, even in a compressed form. So an email will be very helpful, in order to send it to you. If you have time check it out, either way i am thankful.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
I uploaded my main game options, but unfortunately the savegame file is to large to be posted, even in a compressed form. So an email will be very helpful, in order to send it to you. If you have time check it out, either way i am thankful.
Use dropbox or mediafire please.

EDIT: See if using the Quick Combat options on that first page helps.

Enabling Quick combat option doesnt help. The game keeps crashing without any error message.

Standard version , in fact i didnt notice that there is a difference between them. I never had any issue from the C2C V36, until now. So I didnt know that SVN had a different thread.

Standard version , in fact i didnt notice that there is a difference between them. I never had any issue from the C2C V36, until now. So I didnt know that SVN had a different thread.
Ah... You'll need to get whatever the latest v36 patch is. I can't debug a v36 issue - or rather, I probably already have a long time ago.

I only found the "Pre v37 SVN 9328 Full Mod "Patch". I dont know if really gonna work in my stantard V36 version but i will give it a try. If you know any other patch available just inform me. Anyway, thanks you guys. A frankly appreciation for your work and time.

I only found the "Pre v37 SVN 9328 Full Mod "Patch". I dont know if really gonna work in my stantard V36 version but i will give it a try. If you know any other patch available just inform me. Anyway, thanks you guys. A frankly appreciation for your work and time.
That's the latest patch unless you use the SVN itself. It will break any saved games from version 36 though. 9328 is the full mod, so you need to uninstall version 36 before using it. There are tons of things changed in that 9328 patch that will take some getting used to, but it's much better than the standard V36.

There is a bug in the ship cargo space system that causes overload crashes with time. It exists at least in size matters - games, not sure if without it.

It happens when a unit attacks another land unit from a ship and prisoner of war is created on that ship. Consumed passenger space that this prisoner occupies never gets removed even when the prisoner is long gone from the ship. In time, when this repeats or when ship is upgraded to something with less cargo space, the result is ctd.

This is a old bug, applies to the latest 'crime patch'-version too.

Also in the latest crime patch - version i have noted that once the ruby resource from a mountain tile did not allow the construction of gemcutter or other vicinity buildings. The mountain with the ruby was right next to city and very much mountain mined and roaded.

Last edited:
There is a bug in the ship cargo space system that causes overload crashes with time. It exists at least in size matters - games, not sure if without it.

It happens when a unit attacks another land unit from a ship and prisoner of war is created on that ship. Consumed passenger space that this prisoner occupies never gets removed even when the prisoner is long gone from the ship. In time, when this repeats or when ship is upgraded to something with less cargo space, the result is ctd.
I've been seeing that somehow counts often get 'off' but I've never spotted what could be a source. I'm sure that's not the ONLY time it's caused but it's certainly one of the events I needed to know about to solve it. Sweet... thanks for that!

At some point the system needs a more full review as well. Now that it's on the debug queue it should get it's time in the sun finally.

At some point the system needs a more full review as well. Now that it's on the debug queue it should get it's time in the sun finally.
ahahah, i like ur words, lol :smoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom