Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated to the most recent SVN (9337) and get errors when starting a new game. I'd completely deleted the C2C directory, including usersettings (which I usually leave since the SVN directory is generally empty), and am using only the "play now!" option. Screenshot below.

Of note, I somewhat expect this is a problem on my end rather than with the update. When I view the repository, certain files are marked with red !, indicating there is a conflict on those files. I'm not sure what this means since I've never manually modified files within the SVN, never mind these specific files. (I do tweak the spawninfos but I do this only in my operating/game directory, not the SVN directory). I've tried to use the SVN 'Resolve' but although it indicates they are resolved when I hit OK, they are still tagged with the red (or yellow) '!'.

If the problem is on my end, any suggestions as to how to fix?

Normally all you'd have to do is rightclick on those red lines and select 'use theirs'. This took place because you somehow changed those files on your end since the last time you updated. Are you setup to modify the dll? (If so I bet we could use your help!)

Is this normal in everyones game lately, to have a TON of siege units all by themselves just roaming around?? I have picked off around 50 already???

Attachments

• cannon.JPG
    cannon.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 57
Normally all you'd have to do is rightclick on those red lines and select 'use theirs'. This took place because you somehow changed those files on your end since the last time you updated. Are you setup to modify the dll? (If so I bet we could use your help!)

Sorry, not in the slightest. As I mentioned in my post, I never modified those files at all, which is why I was confused that they showed as conflicted.

Is this normal in everyones game lately, to have a TON of siege units all by themselves just roaming around?? I have picked off around 50 already???
It's possible they were made for another stack somewhere and sent off to go join that stack. This is one weakness in the AI strategy.

Sorry, not in the slightest. As I mentioned in my post, I never modified those files at all, which is why I was confused that they showed as conflicted.
SVN does strange things sometimes. That's about all I can say.

I just updated to the latest SVN and I am not getting any of the tech screens staying up long enough to see any more. They used to require a click or "enter" to close them now they are closing as soon as they are shown. Not so for wonder movies. Also when I give a unit a promotion I am getting that promotion plus a second click which is giving the unit one of the status promotions. It is weird. Maybe I need to reboot my machine.

I just updated to the latest SVN and I am not getting any of the tech screens staying up long enough to see any more. They used to require a click or "enter" to close them now they are closing as soon as they are shown. Not so for wonder movies. Also when I give a unit a promotion I am getting that promotion plus a second click which is giving the unit one of the status promotions. It is weird. Maybe I need to reboot my machine.
All that is definitely sounding like a local issue. I wonder if others are experiencing those things though.

I miss the options 'scale city limits' and 'build tunnels'.
Please bring them back.

I miss the options 'scale city limits' and 'build tunnels'.
Please bring them back.

Sea Tunnels is in BUG Screen and is still there. I'm thinking you updated from a version that needed you to replace your User settings Folder with the default and then go Back into BUG and reset all your favorite settings then Save Twice in a row to lock them in.

JosEPh

Sorry, i just confused function and option.
You can still select build tunnel in bug but Tbrd removed the function iirc.

Last I checked Sea Tunnels are available at Civil Engineering, buildable by Modern and later workboats? Maybe industrial workboats too, don't recall. I certainly don't remember the functionality being removed.

I have not intentionally removed tunnels and would be quite surprised if anything I've done somehow interrupted the ability to build them. I HAVE made it possible for tunnels to work properly in terms of map interactions (better anyhow). Unfortunately pathing and automation still don't like them and I don't see a solution for that yet. Maybe some years down the road there will be one.

Why does your game say Spring 3645AD but you are in Ind Era after 1605 turns?

Started this game in an Era besides Preh? Or you been doing some tweaks?

And Cannon units are more than just Seige. Only early game rams, battering rams, seige rams and seige towers have a set limit of 20.

JosEPh

Why does your game say Spring 3645AD but you are in Ind Era after 1605 turns?

Started this game in an Era besides Preh? Or you been doing some tweaks?

And Cannon units are more than just Siege. Only early game rams, battering rams, siege rams and siege towers have a set limit of 20.

JosEPh
Dont know, i have it on Snail, no tweaks, i dont do that any longer.. always now default . .and no i always start in Preh . .

i wouldnt mind about the siege units except they are left ALONE. . . and very easy to pick off, even by ambushers . .

Hello,
I'm trying to play this mod for the first time, Prehistoric ended and I've researched mining and copper but I can't find the resource on the map. The only thing that can be mined is a single place that gives lead(without having researched lead).
At first I thought that you need to build mines and find the resource(which would be cool *hint*hint*) but after a few mines built it doesn't look like it.
I'm using the latest SVN version. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hello,
I'm trying to play this mod for the first time, Prehistoric ended and I've researched mining and copper but I can't find the resource on the map. The only thing that can be mined is a single place that gives lead(without having researched lead).
At first I thought that you need to build mines and find the resource(which would be cool *hint*hint*) but after a few mines built it doesn't look like it.
I'm using the latest SVN version. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
It sounds like you were unlucky in your nearby resources. Copper ore is revealed very early (hard hammer percussion IIRC), quite a bit before it can be used. What mapscript and size are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom