Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, I have a problem: the emergence of the first great personage the game crashes and block the computer. A window appears:
CvArtFileMGR.cpp
Line: 109
Expression: False
Thanks in advance.

If u look up in this post 1307 and below have already, asked this question . .

That was it but I think we're beyond any ability to work out a fix here at this point. Sad but true. Not a normal situation but apparently our moving into breaking old saves now means that there's really nothing I can do to help with this.

Ok, thanks for checking it out anyway.

Edit: Didn't realize SO had already brought this up.

I get this message when I try to advance the turn.

Assert Failed

File: CvArtFileMgr.cpp
SVN-Rev: 9089
Expression: false

----------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-28560.zip
    771.3 KB · Views: 43
  • MiniDump_9089.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 49
Edit: Didn't realize SO had already brought this up.

I get this message when I try to advance the turn.

Assert Failed

File: CvArtFileMgr.cpp
SVN-Rev: 9089
Expression: false

----------------------------------------------------------

Yes WE do know about this:

All anyone needs to do to get by this is just click on the "Microsoft" key or go to task manager (alt/ctrl/delete) and it should be showing the error, just click on "always ignore" (for now till it gets fixed, thx . . and sorry everyone . . .

Was not sure where to post this. So decided on this thread.

Animal spawns:

Hammerhead, Humpback and Eagle Ray are SEA animals but set as Animal_Spawn, not Sea_Animal_Spawn. Not a big issue - except more will be spawned than intended, as animal spawns are larger in New_dawn-Global_defines than in Sea_animals.

Clarification (as it effects the pre-made maps) Is Bonus_Ivory now Bonus_Elephant?

I also noticed units -Ray, Manta and Shark also changed, but will only effect my own spawn file.

Couple of things??

1. Why cant my "cats" move onto the tile that my units already moved onto?? (pic1) even after my unit moved there it still belongs to them??

2. How come my units cant capture that enemy worker/captive?? (pic 2)

3. @Sparth i believe the Haast (or whatever) that bird is called is a smidge to large??(pic 3)

4. @TB i still think that the AI is cheating on "thief's/rogues, because there is only like 3/4 civs there on that island and there are waay more criminals there?? (pic4) again maybe i am wrong??

Couple of things??

1. Why cant my "cats" move onto the tile that my units already moved onto?? (pic1) even after my unit moved there it still belongs to them??

3. @Sparth i believe the Haast (or whatever) that bird is called is a smidge to large??(pic 3)

4. @TB i still think that the AI is cheating on "thief's/rogues, because there is only like 3/4 civs there on that island and there are waay more criminals there?? (pic4) again maybe i am wrong??
1. Because of the enemy owned palisade. (functionality should be changed someway IMO)

4. Most of those rouges probably belongs to the barbarian civ.

Couple of things??

1. Because of the enemy owned palisade. (functionality should be changed someway IMO)

4. Most of those rouges probably belongs to the barbarian civ.

1. If you are "at war" with someone and occupy their fortification it becomes yours, at least it should. If you are "at peace" with them it should not.

Occupy means take it with a visible combat unit of some kind, not a hidden unit.

If it is not doing that then there is a bug.

3. They are big if we reduce its size then we need to reduce the size of the flightless birds also to keep the scale with them. Although I suppose we do use a logarithmic scale with the units so shrinking it a bit may work.

4. Those may not ai or barbarian but "yours" but not yours. They can be created by crime in your city. Any crime may do it just as long as your crime is above zero. So they did not walk there from somewhere else they were born there but they aren't yours to control.

4. Those may not ai or barbarian but "yours" but not yours. They can be created by crime in your city. Any crime may do it just as long as your crime is above zero. So they did not walk there from somewhere else they were born there but they aren't yours to control.

thats NOT my city and i dont have any "criminals" out there yet?? i think, i just think the ai is cheating is all?? oh well??:crazyeye:

thats NOT my city and i dont have any "criminals" out there yet?? i think, i just think the ai is cheating is all?? oh well??:crazyeye:

It is not a unit built by anyone. It is built by the property crime. If the crime property is bigger than zero in a city then a barbarian criminal may appear in that city. It has nothing to do with ai's or players building them.

3. They are big if we reduce its size then we need to reduce the size of the flightless birds also to keep the scale with them. Although I suppose we do use a logarithmic scale with the units so shrinking it a bit may work.
This is more or less the correct scaling between a Haast Eagle and Moa (both at typical size)

The haast eagle (9-15 kg) have a smaller body than the Moa (230 kg)

The one in game is way too big.

You can easily change size of the model in XML files (art_units).
Tag: <fScale>

It is not a unit built by anyone. It is built by the property crime. If the crime property is bigger than zero in a city then a barbarian criminal may appear in that city. It has nothing to do with ai's or players building them.

ohhh, just seems weird to me is all, but again, no biggy, but thx for the explanation, i really appreciate that!!

1. If you are "at war" with someone and occupy their fortification it becomes yours, at least it should. If you are "at peace" with them it should not.

Occupy means take it with a visible combat unit of some kind, not a hidden unit.

If it is not doing that then there is a bug.
If he's at war, the presence of his riding unit there should've already captured it. I suspect they aren't at war. This being the case, the Feline cannot capture and thus cannot enter as being an HN unit, it is considered to be at war with every other player at all times. This would make it impossible to enter the fort because the cats can't capture so it makes it much like a gunship trying to capture a city.

Looks like your unit has already attacked and going to capture would represent a second attack so the unit would have to have blitz to be able to do it. Most units that stage of the game don't have this ability.

ohhh, just seems weird to me is all, but again, no biggy, but thx for the explanation, i really appreciate that!!
Most criminals in the real world are not extra-national forces sent to hinder you by a neighbor. They are more commonly resistant elements from within your own society. These emerging criminals consider themselves locals and rarely feel they should leave as the city is their home. But they are NOT under your control and are representative of allowing crime to get somewhat out of hand as well as an element that does all it can to GET crime to go even further out of control. They are not likely to be AI criminals but for the purposes of dealing with them, they are enemies nevertheless. Internal threats so to speak.

Barbarians do not care about 'unit limits'. Certainly not in this case at least.

Interesting. Are you sure its was gunship, not transport helicopter with infantry/marines onboard?

In real history, naval ships with heavy guns have forced cities to surrender.

example: the surrender of the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam (Later renamed New York City) to the English in 1664 after a naval bombardment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Amsterdam#English_capture

Great Britain forced China to cede Hong Kong in 1842 after a massive campaign of naval attacks and bombardments on coastal cities that crippled China during the first Opium war, although minor amounts of British ground forces were also involved in some places.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Opium_War

See also the examples under gunboat diplomacy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunboat_diplomacy

Of course, a gunship is also the name of an attack helicopter but the same principles apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom