1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Oct 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

If u look up in this post 1307 and below have already, asked this question . .

2. chipper_30

chipper_30 Chieftain

Ok, thanks for checking it out anyway.

3. strategyonly

This is still happening??

4. NevFin

NevFin Chieftain

Edit: Didn't realize SO had already brought this up.

I get this message when I try to advance the turn.

Assert Failed

File: CvArtFileMgr.cpp
    Line: 109
    SVN-Rev: 9089
    Expression: false

----------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files:

5. SteelSterling

SteelSterling Chieftain

Do we know if this issue has been resolved as of SVN 9107?

6. strategyonly

Yes WE do know about this:

All anyone needs to do to get by this is just click on the "Microsoft" key or go to task manager (alt/ctrl/delete) and it should be showing the error, just click on "always ignore" (for now till it gets fixed, thx . . and sorry everyone . . .

7. Harrier

Harrier Chieftain

Was not sure where to post this. So decided on this thread.

Animal spawns:

Hammerhead, Humpback and Eagle Ray are SEA animals but set as Animal_Spawn, not Sea_Animal_Spawn. Not a big issue - except more will be spawned than intended, as animal spawns are larger in New_dawn-Global_defines than in Sea_animals.

Clarification (as it effects the pre-made maps) Is Bonus_Ivory now Bonus_Elephant?

I also noticed units -Ray, Manta and Shark also changed, but will only effect my own spawn file.

8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yes, also, clay (map resource) has been changed too. It's now FINE_CLAY.

9. strategyonly

Couple of things??

1. Why cant my "cats" move onto the tile that my units already moved onto?? (pic1) even after my unit moved there it still belongs to them??

2. How come my units cant capture that enemy worker/captive?? (pic 2)

3. @Sparth i believe the Haast (or whatever) that bird is called is a smidge to large??(pic 3)

4. @TB i still think that the AI is cheating on "thief's/rogues, because there is only like 3/4 civs there on that island and there are waay more criminals there?? (pic4) again maybe i am wrong??

10. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

1. Because of the enemy owned palisade. (functionality should be changed someway IMO)

4. Most of those rouges probably belongs to the barbarian civ.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

1. If you are "at war" with someone and occupy their fortification it becomes yours, at least it should. If you are "at peace" with them it should not.

Occupy means take it with a visible combat unit of some kind, not a hidden unit.

If it is not doing that then there is a bug.

3. They are big if we reduce its size then we need to reduce the size of the flightless birds also to keep the scale with them. Although I suppose we do use a logarithmic scale with the units so shrinking it a bit may work.

4. Those may not ai or barbarian but "yours" but not yours. They can be created by crime in your city. Any crime may do it just as long as your crime is above zero. So they did not walk there from somewhere else they were born there but they aren't yours to control.

12. strategyonly

thats NOT my city and i dont have any "criminals" out there yet?? i think, i just think the ai is cheating is all?? oh well??:crazyeye:

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

It is not a unit built by anyone. It is built by the property crime. If the crime property is bigger than zero in a city then a barbarian criminal may appear in that city. It has nothing to do with ai's or players building them.

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

This is more or less the correct scaling between a Haast Eagle and Moa (both at typical size)

The haast eagle (9-15 kg) have a smaller body than the Moa (230 kg)

The one in game is way too big.

15. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

You can easily change size of the model in XML files (art_units).
    Tag: <fScale>

16. strategyonly

ohhh, just seems weird to me is all, but again, no biggy, but thx for the explanation, i really appreciate that!!

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

If he's at war, the presence of his riding unit there should've already captured it. I suspect they aren't at war. This being the case, the Feline cannot capture and thus cannot enter as being an HN unit, it is considered to be at war with every other player at all times. This would make it impossible to enter the fort because the cats can't capture so it makes it much like a gunship trying to capture a city.

Looks like your unit has already attacked and going to capture would represent a second attack so the unit would have to have blitz to be able to do it. Most units that stage of the game don't have this ability.

Most criminals in the real world are not extra-national forces sent to hinder you by a neighbor. They are more commonly resistant elements from within your own society. These emerging criminals consider themselves locals and rarely feel they should leave as the city is their home. But they are NOT under your control and are representative of allowing crime to get somewhat out of hand as well as an element that does all it can to GET crime to go even further out of control. They are not likely to be AI criminals but for the purposes of dealing with them, they are enemies nevertheless. Internal threats so to speak.

Barbarians do not care about 'unit limits'. Certainly not in this case at least.

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Which has happened in our history. More than once.

19. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Interesting. Are you sure its was gunship, not transport helicopter with infantry/marines onboard?

20. Noriad2

Noriad2 Chieftain

In real history, naval ships with heavy guns have forced cities to surrender.

example: the surrender of the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam (Later renamed New York City) to the English in 1664 after a naval bombardment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Amsterdam#English_capture

Great Britain forced China to cede Hong Kong in 1842 after a massive campaign of naval attacks and bombardments on coastal cities that crippled China during the first Opium war, although minor amounts of British ground forces were also involved in some places.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Opium_War

See also the examples under gunboat diplomacy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunboat_diplomacy

Of course, a gunship is also the name of an attack helicopter but the same principles apply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.