Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest SVN, we get this AGAIN

File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\random.py", line 249, in choice
IndexError: list index out of range

The forward slash might be a clue. Or .py instead of .pyc (in warlords).

The forward slash might be a clue. Or .py instead of .pyc (in warlords).

it really had nothing to do with the error, it was something that TB committed (i believe). .

We have been talking about pathing in the past. Now look at the attached screenshot!

BTW: Another thing that´s annoying about pathing: When a unit is following the intended path and sees an enemy unit after the 1st step then the path is changed around this unit which could mean a huge detour. This behaviour is wrong: The unit should stop walking when it sees an enemy and shouldn´t try to walk around it (I think this happens only when the enemy is seen in the turn the unit starts walking).

It's had behavior like this for sometime now. It's why I never check the BUG option for Pathing. I manually do mine even after koshling worked and worked on it. Too bad the whole pathing code couldn't be stopped so the base BtS Pathing could take back over.

JosEPh

it really had nothing to do with the error, it was something that TB committed (i believe). .

DH edited in an explanation a few posts ago. This one I'm pretty sure didn't have anything to do with anything I was working on.

Not sure if this is a bug or if its me not understanding the base mechanics...

But the Whale Shrine can't be built in Babylon despite meeting all the requirements.

Civ4ScreenShot0507.JPG

I'm running Folklore, have Sailing and Animism, and there's a source of Whales right beside the city, but I can't build it. It's not even showing up as a potential building in the city screen! :confused:

Not sure if this is a bug or if its me not understanding the base mechanics...

But the Whale Shrine can't be built in Babylon despite meeting all the requirements.

View attachment 400522

I'm running Folklore, have Sailing and Animism, and there's a source of Whales right beside the city, but I can't build it. It's not even showing up as a potential building in the city screen! :confused:

Probably it's too early to gain whales as a tradeable resource. Which may be invalidating the whole building...

Probably it's too early to gain whales as a tradeable resource. Which may be invalidating the whole building...

I can't access Civ at the moment so I can't go in and check to see if that'd be the case, but the "Requires in city vicinity:" part made me think that you didn't need to have the ability to use the resource, it just had to be nearby.

I'm really not sure if it gets around that or not. Or if it is supposed to or not.

I suppose then there's a difference between "Requires X resource" and "Requires X resource in city vicinity" - in both cases you need access to and can USE the resource, but in the former that resource can come from anywhere; other cities, other nations; but in the latter you both need the resource and it also has to be within that city's vicinity as well.

If that's indeed the case, then I was just confused with how it was worded, since I didn't think that it actually needed to be enabled and useable for it to count - it just had to be present.

Well this is certainly strange. In the Civopedia, the Whale Resource does not display the Whale Shrine in the "Buildings that require this in the vicinity" list, and Harpooning didn't unlock the building either - I can use whales now, and still no sign of the building. :confused:

Scratch that, hit End Turn and it just now showed up in the build screen. Strange indeed... Why it didn't even show up in the "unavailable buildings" filter.

Not so strange. That has to do with the caching that makes the game run faster. But it does answer the question regarding vicinity requirements and if they trump the need to be able to trade the resource. Apparently it does (and it probably should.)

Latest SVN, we get this AGAIN

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugInit", line 128, in callInits
File "MusicUpdate", line 32, in init
File "e:/main/civilization4/warlords/assets/python/system\random.py", line 249, in choice
IndexError: list index out of range

same thing happened back in post @ 25 . . .

EDIT Was good to 8824 . .

That is not even one of ours. Looks like we will need to copy it to C2C and update it for us. I'll look at it this afternoon if I remember:mischief:

edit It is probably my choice of what happens when you attack a srt 0 subdued animal. I did not use the capture tag but left the subdue outcome in the KillOutcome so that the unit would teleport back to your nearest city.

dont know what you mean here, i was thinking it was like last time, it had something to do with the NEW schema or something like that?? just guessing:confused:

DH edited in an explanation a few posts ago. This one I'm pretty sure didn't have anything to do with anything I was working on.

OK went through the revision(s) and this error starts with the commit of 8825, so that means the SVN is good up to and including 8824.

So something in 8825 does not work correctly . .

@DH: I did have to adjust a python file (the one that includes the goody stuff) in 8825. I have no idea how that would've affected a sound update but if you could take a quick look at that file change and see if I might've done something funny there that would be appreciated.

One obvious error found and fixed. You had duplicated some lines with an extra entry at the end of the code, so you actually had 5 more elements but since the duplicates all had the same number, thus the number of entries did not match the number of index ids.

@DH: I did have to adjust a python file (the one that includes the goody stuff) in 8825. I have no idea how that would've affected a sound update but if you could take a quick look at that file change and see if I might've done something funny there that would be appreciated.

This is a weird one :crazyeye: This is what i tried . .

1. I thought the same thing, maybe you got the python wrong, so i just added it, no error

2. Then i just added the goodyinfos, but i asked for the both he handicaps XML files also, so i added them one at a time. no errors

3. I then added the "source" files, no errors.

4. I then started up the game and NO ERRORs.

5. I said to myself ok it must have been corrected then, so i tried a NEW SVN copy and POOF got the errors again.

6. Took out the 8825 files and added BACK the ones from 8824, BINGO, no errors again.

This is weird to me??:crazyeye: So if i add them ONE at a time, by themselves, trying each one then starting a game, then the next etc etc, no errors, but if i add them altogether at once POOF errors.

One obvious error found and fixed. You had duplicated some lines with an extra entry at the end of the code, so you actually had 5 more elements but since the duplicates all had the same number, thus the number of entries did not match the number of index ids.

So did this solve the errors??

Strange. I wonder if the program I saved it with did something odd. Not ruling out a brain fart of course. Thanks for finding the issue. Assuming it was in fact the issue.

I have not tried it yet. What is on the SVN
Code:
						70:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_HUNTER"),
						71:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_HUNTER"),					7:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_SCOUT"),
						72:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_WORKER"),					7:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_SCOUT"),
						73:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_HEALER"),					7:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_SCOUT"),
						74:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_HEALER"),					7:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_SCOUT"),
						75:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_HEALER"),					7:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_SCOUT"),
						76:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_HEALER"),					7:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_SCOUT"),
						77:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_HEALER"),					7:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_SCOUT"),
						78:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_HEALER"),					7:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_SCOUT"),
						79:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_HEALER"),
						80:	BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_GATHERER"),

notice all those 7: entries :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom