Single Player bugs and crashes v36 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of October 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did not go to the right enough it is the seven extra scout ones all with the index of 7 that is the problem.

Lol... my python program wasn't fullscreened either so that had to have been the problem to start with. Good catch and thanks!

NOPE that was NOT it, i still get those errors

Was the scout result included at all? We could be down one from that missing if the original entry wasn't included in the count. And there should be more than one scout result (quite possibly 7.)

I am not getting the error and have not ever - well not in v36 SVN anyway.

I just did a clean up and a brand new SVN after your commit, just now and get those errors as the game is "setting map" . .

EDIT: ok i will do another deletion of the SVN and get a BRAND brand new one and see if that helps??

EDIT EDIT: Ok here is what is going on.

1. I always delete that BrentalFoss music and just change the AudioDefines to a different one that C2C has listed. Has been no problem for over 2 years now, but as of POST # 25 is when it started occurring . .

2. I put back BF and no errors, this is not right so something is wrong now in that area?????

I just did a clean up and a brand new SVN after your commit, just now and get those errors as the game is "setting map" . .

EDIT: ok i will do another deletion of the SVN and get a BRAND brand new one and see if that helps??

EDIT EDIT: Ok here is what is going on.

1. I always delete that BrentalFoss music and just change the AudioDefines to a different one that C2C has listed. Has been no problem for over 2 years now, but as of POST # 25 is when it started occurring . .

2. I put back BF and no errors, this is not right so something is wrong now in that area?????

AIAndy made it so you could add music but I don't think he made something to remove it.

If you remove the music then you need to edit whatever the XML is that has that music in it, because the game is selecting one at random and getting the BF but it is not there.

That whole music area got broken at some time and needs looking at

I just rename a copy of the Baba Yetu file and then copy that over the BrentalFoss file and be done with it.

For 2 days now, EVERY game I start crashes a few dozen turns into the game during turn updates. (This makes the game effectively unplayable ...)
During turn that update, the cursor will keep spinning, while outside the game, a windows box appears with the error message "Unit with no group on call to CvPlayer::update GroupCycle" in a box. (Clicking on the box ends the game).
I am using SVN v36. I update every day, currently at revision 8828.
The crash has occurred since 11/8.

The save files for the 2 games start in the modern era, with huge maps. I wonder if this might create problems.

(I thought that maybe I am doing the revisions wrong? After right-clicking within the temp directory where I keep the repository, I select SVN update - updates and shows the log. I then drag that temp folder unto the Caveman2Cosmos folder and select "update changes only.")

Seemed to have forgotten the attachments:

For 2 days now, EVERY game I start crashes a few dozen turns into the game during turn updates. (This makes the game effectively unplayable ...)
During turn that update, the cursor will keep spinning, while outside the game, a windows box appears with the error message "Unit with no group on call to CvPlayer::update GroupCycle" in a box. (Clicking on the box ends the game).

The save files for the 2 games start in the modern era, with huge maps. I wonder if this might create problems.

(I thought that maybe I am doing the revisions wrong? After right-clicking within the temp directory where I keep the repository, I select SVN update - updates and shows the log. I then drag that temp folder unto the Caveman2Cosmos folder and select "update changes only.")

Attachments

• MiniDump_8820.rar
    12.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Curtin AD-1960-Fall Australia.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • Russia Lenin AD-1953-Spring.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 90

Try this:

1. After you do your UPDATE to YOUR SVN copy.

2. Delete your C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets folder completely.

3. Click onto your SVN NEW copy of Assets only.

4. Place the copied Assets into the Cosmos2Cosmos folder where you just deleted the other copy,

see if that works ok . . .SO

I don't know if you're updating safely or not because I put the mod repository inside the mod folders and use it directly.

However, there's some familiarity with that issue. The last big fix took care of some similar problems but might not have been able to fix a corrupted unit.

Unfortunately it might mean the game is borked unless you can pick up from a save from before the corrupting revision.

Updating it fixed it, thanks!!!

Still not 100% sure how to use SVN correctly - instructions on their website are a bit confusing to wade through - I guess updating directly can't hurt, since I'm not editing anything.

Try this:

1. After you do your UPDATE to YOUR SVN copy.

2. Delete your C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets folder completely.

3. Click onto your SVN NEW copy of Assets only.

4. Place the copied Assets into the Cosmos2Cosmos folder where you just deleted the other copy,

see if that works ok . . .SO

Updating it fixed it, thanks!!!

Still not 100% sure how to use SVN correctly - instructions on their website are a bit confusing to wade through - I guess updating directly can't hurt, since I'm not editing anything.

Very happy to hear this!

Small debatable bug:
When HN unit captures a size 1 city, it is razed and any resulting captive - civilians will not be owned by the nation that took the city but to the barbarians that would otherwise have gotten the city.

As I understand it the captive - civilians should have been awarded to the conquering nation and since a HN unit did the conquering the captive should have been spawned with the HN promotion.
The barbarian owned captive in question did not get this promotion as if it was not captured by a HN unit (technically it wasn't I guess as it was the result of razing the city).

Edit: tHIS IS A VERY MINOR ISSUE THOUGH AS THE NEXT TURN YOU CAN JUST CAPTURE THE CAPTIVE FROM THE BARBS AFTER IT TRIES TO MOVE AWAY FROM THE RAZED CITY. (DAMN CAPS KEY, I refuse to rewrite. ^^)

Good testing Toffer! I'd not considered that potential but I suppose it's in how the civilian captive is defined by the nation that the city switches over to rather than the attacking unit. If DH WANTS to fix it, it's in the Python and in his court.

It is not quite that straight forward when it comes to razed cities due to the partisans mod also operating in that event but coded elsewhere since we use modular python.

BtW I thought HN units could not capture a city since that would give away their nationality as the city would be owned by the owner of the unit.

In fact I think that HN nationality units should not be able to capture cities. Since if they do they give away their nationality as the city becomes owned by the owner of the unit. Isn't that the reason that the captured units are supposed to get HN now.

It is not quite that straight forward when it comes to razed cities due to the partisans mod also operating in that event but coded elsewhere since we use modular python.

BtW I thought HN units could not capture a city since that would give away their nationality as the city would be owned by the owner of the unit.

In fact I think that HN nationality units should not be able to capture cities. Since if they do they give away their nationality as the city becomes owned by the owner of the unit. Isn't that the reason that the captured units are supposed to get HN now.

Apparently you're not keeping up on the latest SVN post news.

HN units that capture a city capture it for the barbarian player. This maintains their anonymity and also makes it not terribly beneficial to the player who would want to keep the city for himself. But it does make for an interesting strategy if you're looking to clear up some of the map of poorly placed opponent cities and you can capture some rams (which also become HN) to help with the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom