Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

2nd screenshot shows you are starting from Civ IV Warlords Instead of Beyond the Sword. This can cause problems. Please start the Mod from Beyond the Sword Menu screen.
but I already uploaded the mod with the shortcut and a menu set from warlords,then start to load the save. Before everything worked fine,could this affect the game?

but I already uploaded the mod with the shortcut and a menu set from warlords,then start to load the save. Before everything worked fine,could this affect the game?

To fix the Warlords menu: start C2C -> options -> graphics tab -> set "opening menu" to "beyond the sword".

Hello here :)

It's my first message in this forum !

Firstly sorry for my bad english from french guy. I hope you understand me :)

My mod folder is : Caveman2Cosmos

Just do the turn and waitttttt a long time ( 15 min ).

At the end of the turn, it's back directly to the desk.
I think it's around babarian somewhere in the map.

I hope it's ok for the zip. I have winrar by default in my computer, and i save in zip file.

I use last SVN number 9669.

My last word is to say very big congratulation for this advanced mod in history of civ.

Thx u for reading me and i hope you can to do something.
I try to post more bug if i found more later !

Felange ( john )

Attachments

• felange AD-1826 bis.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 39
    8.3 MB · Views: 32
  • MiniDump_9624.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 54
    8.3 MB · Views: 43
after the latest SVN i get an info art missing, and a blank btn in the units area, and once i click on it it does a stall and i must restart my PC. . someone didnt use the debug dll , so until then cant play

Last edited:
after the latest SVN i get an info art missing, and a blank btn in the units area, and once i click on it it does a stall and i must restart my PC. . someone didnt use the debug dll , so until then cant play

Do you know which unit(s) it is? Several of us have been doing things with units lately.

Also who put in that stupid "trump" thing as a wonder, yuck . . .

Trump World Tower has been in there for as long as I can remember, certainly much longer than Trump was considered a serious politician. I don't think there's any sort of political message.

Trump World Tower has been in there for as long as I can remember, certainly much longer than Trump was considered a serious politician. I don't think there's any sort of political message.
Be nice to get rid of it now as one though.

Be nice to get rid of it now as one though.
Why now, as a political message? It would be a pretty weak political message at any rate, nothing profound about it.
Disclaimer: I don't like his political ideology at all, but there's a lot of unreasonable accusations coming from his opposition, I see a lot of smoke but no fire in many occations.

The building was somewhat impressive and unique at the time it was built, but it is still a sorry excuse for calling it a world wonder.
It would make more sense as the Headquarter building for "The Trump Organization" Corporation than it does as a world wonder.

Sure it would be a weak message but I'm feeling like we should at least refuse to give him any honor in this game whatsoever - it's pretty offensive to me that we would. I'm going to bite my tongue and say nothing further than that the depths of hatred and disgust I feel towards him, his whole background and present, his policies and everything he's tried to accomplish is pretty severe. I know there are probably those that would want to argue with me on that and I'll be happy to embrace that discussion on Twitter.

Do you know which unit(s) it is? Several of us have been doing things with units lately..
no cant see what unit it is, like i said the unit is "blank" and cant see it, and again if u click on it stalls the game and cant play . . . can someone please fix this thx . .

OK, I'll take a look tonight. It could be one of my mine because I added a few new units recently (I think SVN 9666).

The unit may be part of what I did to modularize the Mammoths and Zebras the other day. It has taken until today to get my computer glasses back so I can look into it, but first I need to go back to a SVN only install rather than one that has all the various bits I was working on.

I'm looking at it right now; getting some Load Warnings on the Mammoth and Zebra buildings.

EDIT: It looks like we are both to blame. A long time ago in my modmod I added Earth map categories to a bunch of units. Somehow, when the Zebra and Mammoth material was modularized, that introduced a clash with my material. I am working on a fix now.

Last edited:
At code base SVN 9633, there seems to be a typo in the building cost XML file for Weather Vanes (unlocked by Weather Lore at technology grid x=30 y=19). In the BuildingInfos XML, the "iCost" for Weather Vanes (spelled "WEATHER_VEINS" in the XML) is 2405, while other buildings unlocked at the same technology x-grid offset have iCost=270 (the same as the planned value for x-grid=39 in Thunderbird's master sheet in the "Building Re-Costing Project" forum) ".
Externally, the Technology Advisor screen in my game shows settings-adjusted values of 4028 hammers for Weather Vanes versus 452 hammers for other buildings in same technology column.

At code base SVN 9633, there seems to be a typo in the building cost XML file for Weather Vanes (unlocked by Weather Lore at technology grid x=30 y=19). In the BuildingInfos XML, the "iCost" for Weather Vanes (spelled "WEATHER_VEINS" in the XML) is 2405, while other buildings unlocked at the same technology x-grid offset have iCost=270 (the same as the planned value for x-grid=39 in Thunderbird's master sheet in the "Building Re-Costing Project" forum) ".
Externally, the Technology Advisor screen in my game shows settings-adjusted values of 4028 hammers for Weather Vanes versus 452 hammers for other buildings in same technology column.
ok... probably costed based on obsoleting tech instead of prereq... I'll fix it. Thanks for lookin' out for that!

Why I cannot build the West Point? I meet all the requirements (I think). There's a military academy in the city and I have the techs researched.

Edit: Maybe it is because I've conquered a great academy? I'll have to check.

Edit: After loading the save, West Point is buildable. I wonder what prevented me from building it earlier.

Last edited:
After loading the save, West Point is buildable. I wonder what prevented me from building it earlier.
Caching often causes you to have to wait a round before a selection comes available. One super cache clearing mechanism would be to CTRL-SHIFT-T to get a recalc going - will freeze everything up for a bit but it should reset all caches.

Edit: After loading the save, West Point is buildable. I wonder what prevented me from building it earlier.
Caching often causes you to have to wait a round before a selection comes available. One super cache clearing mechanism would be to CTRL-SHIFT-T to get a recalc going - will freeze everything up for a bit but it should reset all caches.
The alternative is to have large delays when you open a city as it rechecks/refreshes everything.

I have long wanted to ask,but why the need for stone artifacts and other resources? Judging by civilopedia they give nothing,although produced by some buildings.

I have long wanted to ask,but why the need for stone artifacts and other resources? Judging by civilopedia they give nothing,although produced by some buildings.
Some things are a WIP. I'm sure with the deeper building evaluations that will be addressed in its own way soon.

Top Bottom