Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Looks like its repeatable crash @Thunderbrd
I'm not sure if those asserts are useful.
Code:
Assert Failed
File:  CvCityAI.cpp
Line:  4549
SVN-Rev:  10661
Expression:  false
----------------------------------------------------------

Assert Failed
File:  CvCity.cpp
Line:  10444
Expression:  getBaseGreatPeopleRate() >= 0

Assert Failed
File:  CvCity.cpp
Line:  10469
Expression:  getGreatPeopleProgress() >= 0

Last edited:
So probably it is fault of some BUG settings.

@hau can you zip and post your user settings here?
To be fair, it may well be that I have unit animations off - this is what can happen when an animation file gets packed in an FPK and I don't have unit combat animations on but the player does and then the missing animation (since it IS missing if it's packed in an FPK) is accessed, while my system isn't trying to. I'll run this again and see if by turning on animations I get a crash.

To be fair, it may well be that I have unit animations off - this is what can happen when an animation file gets packed in an FPK and I don't have unit combat animations on but the player does and then the missing animation (since it IS missing if it's packed in an FPK) is accessed, while my system isn't trying to. I'll run this again and see if by turning on animations I get a crash.
Well I bet not only cultural units in modules had animations.

That is there is already tons of units in three UNIT FPK files - they can have animations too.

Well I bet not only cultural units in modules had animations.

That is there is already tons of units in three UNIT FPK files - they can have animations too.
True and part of my point is not just the immediate what just happened past here. It could explain a lot of the crashes I haven't been able to solve. The question then will become how the hell do we correct this...

EDIT: Ok, further research does suggest that .KFM and .KF files ARE safe to pack in an FPK. So that's good to know and I don't think we have any problems as a result of this.

Last edited:
hmm... I recalculated and end turned. Turned on unit animations and end turned. Nothing is crashing this save for me so it could indeed be some more obscure option. Turned on the follow enemy units options... still no crash.

Is this game being run on PPIO?

Last edited:
Where can i find them? Comparing with default, I changed some automations and turn off terrain damage.

I dont understand what is PPIO.
Its stuff in UserSettings folder in Caveman2Cosmos folder.

PPIO is modmod that enhances pedia speeds and does some other UI improvements.

Did you update to latest SVN by the way?

I dont use any modmods.
Also, I tried to recalculate and turn off animations. Still CTD

Attachments

• UserSettings.zip
    43.6 KB · Views: 38
I dont use any modmods.
Thanks - testing. This is a great way to get around asking a bunch of questions about options. Good idea @raxo2222

I dont use any modmods.
Still no crash for me using these. Hmm... Ok, so some ground rule questions:
1) Are you using the latest SVN version? I see you just answered that.
2) Assuming you are, can you get your minidump file after the crash and upload it here? (You MUST be on the MOST recent SVN update when you get the crash for this and the minidump file will show up in the Beyond the Sword folder outside the mod folder. Grab the one you generated with the last crash and let us have it.)

I tried without PPIO with fresh BUG settings (just let mod create User Settings folder) and got minidump too.

My BTS settings:
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2019-07-14 20-35-41-68.png
Civ4BeyondSword 2019-07-14 20-35-37-64.png

I'll add my BTS ini file too.

Attachments

• MiniDump_10661.rar
    14.1 KB · Views: 27
  • CivilizationIV.rar
    2.7 KB · Views: 27
hmm...
@Anq, @alberts2
Maybe one of you guys can give a better idea of what's happening here but I have a guess. The mini initially says:
upload_2019-7-14_11-32-26.png

Could this be the problem here?
upload_2019-7-14_11-32-53.png

suggesting that he's getting a crash because he isn't running with full system admin rights on the program?

For further info, I see this when I Debug with Native Only:
upload_2019-7-14_11-34-31.png

CvTalkingHeadMessage() has to do with the leader diplo screen doesn't it? From when they were animated? The crash is in the actual exe but we do get this message. There's no call stack here so that doesn't help much.

Any further ideas or insights you can offer?

@hau : My guess is that you need to set the program to run with full admin access but that may be an inaccurate claim.

Top Bottom