Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

I tried without PPIO with fresh BUG settings (just let mod create User Settings folder) and got minidump too.
hmm... surely YOU would be running with full system admin set... I'll check out your mini.

Yep... yours shows the same thing so I'm probably wrong about that and I'm just completely lost at this point as to how to figure anything out further. Well... I might try what you did and run it and see if I can get a crash.

hmm... surely YOU would be running with full system admin set... I'll check out your mini.

Yep... yours shows the same thing so I'm probably wrong about that and I'm just completely lost at this point as to how to figure anything out further. Well... I might try what you did and run it and see if I can get a crash.
I never run game with full system admin set - I guess having game not on system disk helps with that.

But now I tried to run game as admin, and got new minidump too.

Attachments

• MiniDump_10661.rar
    14.4 KB · Views: 36
I never run game with full system admin set - I guess having game not on system disk helps with that.

But now I tried to run game as admin, and got new minidump too.
I deleted my user settings and still no crash so you have an interesting idea to compare the ini file... we'll see how that looks.

I deleted my user settings and still no crash so you have an interesting idea to compare the ini file... we'll see how that looks.
As new test I deleted my BTS INI, so default one is generated.
Game still crashed.

minidump has now different size though.

Attachments

• MiniDump_10661.rar
    15.5 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Game still crashed.

I've tried nearly everything I can think of now and cannot get a crash.

Game still crashed.

Only difference is that it bypasses the stop at the empty talking heads function and goes straight to
upload_2019-7-14_12-17-22.png

I may be out of tricks here completely at this point.

Only difference is that it bypasses the stop at the empty talking heads function and goes straight to
View attachment 529664

I may be out of tricks here completely at this point.
Seems like that one EXE function was relying on something in Windoes that I and hau don't have but you and Toffer has.
I use Windows 7 64 bit.

I’m not sure if its a bug or not but I'm playing with the option that gives leaders 3 traits (I forget the name now and couldn't find it). However for some reason Philip II of Spain still only has 2 traits. Myself and the other 2 civs I've discovered have 3.

I’m not sure if its a bug or not but I'm playing with the option that gives leaders 3 traits (I forget the name now and couldn't find it). However for some reason Philip II of Spain still only has 2 traits. Myself and the other 2 civs I've discovered have 3.
Some leaders may not be defined quite right. I won't consider that a bug but do appreciate the notification.

Some leaders may not be defined quite right. I won't consider that a bug but do appreciate the notification.
Can that happen if you start with positive traits, without negative traits and with developing traits?
In early game some leaders could get new trait.

That is if he still is in early game, when not everyone got third trait yet.

Can that happen if you start with positive traits, without negative traits and with developing traits?
In early game some leaders could get new trait.

That is if he still is in early game, when not everyone got third trait yet.
If he's saying all leaders start with 3 traits then he's not using that set of options and is likely using defaults and allowing negative traits and those leaders probably don't have any negative trait defined.

For that screen, just enable Microsoft Symbols Server and load again.
How?

If he's saying all leaders start with 3 traits then he's not using that set of options and is likely using defaults and allowing negative traits and those leaders probably don't have any negative trait defined.
With Positive and Negative traits that one leader he mentioned has 3 traits - Spiritual/Imperialistic/Fanatical

I have tried @hau 's save, but I couldn't reproduce crash either. I have tried recalculate/not and delete usersettings. His two dumps are identical. Raxo's dump is different from his.

With Positive and Negative traits that one leader he mentioned has 3 traits - Spiritual/Imperialistic/Fanatical
Interesting. You could have no negative traits on developing leaders and end up with 2 traits on a leader and 3 on others... hard to say then how his game is in that state.

I have tried @hau 's save, but I couldn't reproduce crash either. I have tried recalculate/not and delete usersettings. His two dumps are identical. Raxo's dump is different from his.
Only after raxo changed to a default ini. The first dump was the same.

I guess all we can do is take his save, advance by one turn and post it here.

Top Bottom