Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Hi! I think I came to a dead end - in this savegame hitting "end turn" freezes the game:
Your save seems to be broken though, Egypts capital had a population of zero!
8800_20190731123920_1.jpg
This caused loads of division by zero errors, as no city should ever get to zero population ever.
I fixed it in worldbuilder for you, get the attached save. When something like that is wrong then other stuff might also be wrong in your save.
There was some SVN revisions before 10806 that corrupted saves, you may be a victim of that.

Also, update your SVN to 10822 or newer to make it through the end turn without the game freezing.

Edit: I played your save up to turn 401 (40-50 turns or so) without errors, so the save might not be so bad off as I first thought. Don't worry, the save I uploaded is on the same turn as you were in last.

Attachments

• wis.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:
just updated to SVN Revision 11008
you integrated the PPIO design? Where I find in city screen the buildings I can start to build? And how to set the icons smaller.
I don't like this design.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 126
just updated to SVN Revision 11008
you integrated the PPIO design? Where I find in city screen the buildings I can start to build? And how to set the icons smaller.
I don't like this design.
Yeah PPIO was merged some time ago.

You must delete User Settings folder.

Also how you display RAM/VRAM usage on your screenshot?

Yeah PPIO was merged some time ago.
You must delete User Settings folder.
what is the last SVN version w/o that design? I hate it.

Also how you display RAM/VRAM usage on your screenshot?
ingame by Skyrim Performance Monitor 3.8 By Sir Garnon
https://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?105571-Vorstellung-System-Monitor-auch-ingame-f%FCr-BASE

Edit:
btw: as you can see there on screenshot
2800 MB is not the border always. I had with BASE memory loads up to 3562 MB RAM and 738 MB VRam before got a MAF/CTD (rule of thumb in BASE for me is ~700 MB VRam or 3200 MB Ram load is the point where I should do a save and reload.) As both is based on same BtS Engine it should work similar, while BASE not yet has implemented the Graphic Paging thing.)

Last edited:
what is the last SVN version w/o that design? I hate it.
Well very important turn processing speed optimizations and general bugfixes happened after PPIO merge.
You can select smaller icon sizes in unit actions in BUG settings - delete User Settings if you didn't do that yet.
I guess @Toffer90 should have select smallest icon sizes as defaults.

10718 is last version without PPIO.
But then you will have much longer turn times compared to what is on latest version.

Last edited:
CTD when VRam load reached 800MB - seems to be an issue of grahics paging C2C Revision 11091
000.jpg

Attachments

• AutoSave_n. Chr.-0331.7z
    12.4 MB · Views: 126
Wrong thread - you posted it on V38 not SVN thread.
Also VRAM mafs are tricky - only @billw2015 has idea what to do.

Enable Graphics Paging in BUG settings - its in General tab on bottom left.

Your map in save has around 26 000 tiles, where currently Gigantic maps are set to generate around 13 000 tile sized maps.

It is similar to that Pit's scenario, where you downloaded it?

Update to latest SVN, as some bugs with AI were fixed.

Last edited:
was looking thru a few air units and i cant file a btn that u can destroy tile improvements even if the information on them says they can???

Attachments

• tile.JPG
    tile.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 151
  • tile1.JPG
    tile1.JPG
    371.1 KB · Views: 116
Just had an MAF. Uploading most recent save, don't know how far back they are. Sorry. Don't think you need a screenshot. Don't know what else you might need. Not going to be near computer for a few hours. Running 11093 with modified xml. XML edits uploaded too.

Attachments

• MAF.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.9 MB · Views: 120
  • AutoSave_BC-4109.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.8 MB · Views: 107
  • Assets 11093.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 116
was looking thru a few air units and i cant file a btn that u can destroy tile improvements even if the information on them says they can???
Noted. It will have to be added I figure. I think that what happened was at some point it was combined with the action that attacked units and if there wasn't a unit there then it would go after the improvement. Then that aspect of it was removed so as to 'purify' the mission so that it only attacked the units, thinking that there was still another one specifically for destroying tile improvements. There was one in vanilla if I recall so I may have to recapture that original one at some point. This is not something that will be an overnight fix unfortunately, since there's a lot to consider with that.

Noted. It will have to be added I figure. I think that what happened was at some point it was combined with the action that attacked units and if there wasn't a unit there then it would go after the improvement. Then that aspect of it was removed so as to 'purify' the mission so that it only attacked the units, thinking that there was still another one specifically for destroying tile improvements. There was one in vanilla if I recall so I may have to recapture that original one at some point. This is not something that will be an overnight fix unfortunately, since there's a lot to consider with that.
Most planes still have the ability to attack improvements. It uses the same button as for reducing city defences. @strategyonly , see if you can use the "walls" button/mission on non-city tiles.

Most planes still have the ability to attack improvements. It uses the same button as for reducing city defences. @strategyonly , see if you can use the "walls" button/mission on non-city tiles.
Ah... is that it? I knew it had something to do with one mission overlapping another.

Nope still wont attack improvements, sorry, i tried 5 different area's. .

Nope still wont attack improvements, sorry, i tried 5 different area's. .
The Enhanced Air Bombardment option (in the RevDCM tab) takes this mission away from the Precision Attack Missile. I agree it seems like a bug. While you wait for a fix, you can temporarily turn off that option any time you want to use a missile against an improvement, and you will immediately get the button back.

Save loaded fine for me.
I guess it was one time glitch.

Save seems to freeze on processing turn though.
thats what i meant.. SORRY. . . edit on post . .

Top Bottom