1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 24, 2018.

1. TaylorItaly

TaylorItaly Warlord

That is the problem!!!
    Only one hunter get it!!!!
    I choose the one with +50% against animals.

2. Dreifels

Dreifels King

there must be also another reason, see screenshots. I checked ALL tiles, see the results. It is not related to BUG.

Attached Files:

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

OK, it looks like everything here is too minor to delay release. Please go into a complete dead freeze for a moment until that's complete.

KaTiON_PT and raxo2222 like this.
  4. Dreifels

Dreifels King

also another problem I'm just facing:
    until I got writing and by that the ability to hurry a building by gold, I had 2,200 gold/turn and so within short time more than 100,000. But C2C cuts the gold at 99,999 and counts new from zero. So the ability is a bad joke and in no relation to the real costs of buildings. Cap should be 999,999 and not 99,999, then it is more realistic.

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Didn't you use PPIO?
    Looks like there is typo in @Toffer90 PPIO

6. Dreifels

Dreifels King

no, I'm back to original C2C.

7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Then upload save.
    May be bug in translation too.

8. Dreifels

Dreifels King

such (see screenshots) is why I like the palisandes and want same for forts. I don't want to miss that.

Attached Files:

9. Dreifels

Dreifels King

don't have the saves from before and after anymore, made a HDD cleanup yesterday. Currently I'm upü again to 72,000 gold. (means, I should not hurry any for the next 16 turns, OK)

10. Dreifels

Dreifels King

nt true. See my sreenhsots, I made palisandes as I need for strategic reasons, direct in a line for several tiles, direct close to a city. And that makes sense for me. I.e. to block another civ to expand, or spread culture and press me by culture. Militrary buildings are always stronger than any culture, as long as troops are there. (Ask our politicans).

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

At one stage we were trying to control how close (terrain improvement) fortifications could be to each other but had to remove it because it caused problems with cities, the need to siege cities and the placement of cities or fortifications on islands. Basically the XML tag and its implementation were too simplistic for C2C. Never happened before in C2C, did it!:lol::rotfl:

12. Dreifels

Dreifels King

No bug, my fault. Had now a close look and the drop of Gold (randomly just at that turn) was caused by great unit upgrade ("all") which cost more then 100k and dropped me to zero. Now, beeing again at 100k, it counts forward to 101k

Edit
    related forts and wooden palisandes.
    Now, lot turns after I researched mathematics, a greater part of the wooden palisandes switched to fort. However, I can not detect any system, for what reason some are changed and other not, and why at that turn.

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Don't care that you think it's untrue. Just play the mod and stop all the nitpick because you lack understanding. It's really that simple.

nvrmnd

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  14. Dreifels

Dreifels King

looks like AI civs don't use merchant caravan, food caravan, early merchant, early food merchant to develop their city, and build story teller but don't use them.

Attached Files:

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

yep... that's an issue for the AI.

They should occasionally use the entertainers to build buildings they can get from them. To not use them IS to use them though. They are mostly an educational unit.

16. Dreifels

Dreifels King

what is with England (Elisabeth)? for 2390 turns no settler built, no worker, no expanding. Irregular little ranking.

Edit
    Elisabeth built endless Enforcers. Found reason: English has no copper, a lack of the map.
    After I tradet copper to her, she built a settler instantly.

Edit 2
    it's not the copper thing. Made a new start and again elisabeth (with copper) now run endless building of trained dogs (2 turns for each) but after one is done, it is nowhere. Had a look by worldbuilder , and it looks like Elisabeth kills any unit instantly and repeats its building.. Somethng is wrong with it, and I don't believe it's a map thing. She has 1 city size 10, some lower units, 1 canoe and does nothing more, also not explore any, (except slow research) and seems to be in a loop of building same unit, kill it, build again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  17. Ag0range

Ag0range Chieftain

Hi! I think I came to a dead end - in this savegame hitting "end turn" freezes the game:

Attached Files:

18. Anq

Anq Prince

it never did throw an exception, but it looks like your turn is stuck in an infinite loop which involves some python calls unknown to me. At one moment CyCity::getOccupationTimer is called, which is all I was able to catch for now. I was trying to catch something on the dll side by randomly pausing the game during a debug run.

By turning on "No Revolutions" game option I was unable to get it going either.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  19. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

For anyone who's curious, this is a Prince/Long/Giant game, on a 10807+ SVN, still in Prehistoric.

For Ag0range, I lack the expertise to help you, but I wish you luck.

I can say that this is the wrong thread, so if you don't get the help you need here, you may want to repost in the stickied SVN Bugs and Crashes (v39+) thread.

Also, you seem to have attached two identical copies of your save, so you might want to delete one.

Anq likes this.
  20. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I'll check if I can figure out where in python the infinite loop happens.
    Found the problem, fix coming to the SVN soon.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019