Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Then, are all of your trackers and chasers having the free promotion, and which promotion did you choose?
Hunting sight may just be on by default for hunters for instance...

That is the problem!!!
Only one hunter get it!!!!
I choose the one with +50% against animals.

1. BUG option - Hide Obsolete (or Unavailable) Worker Actions will hide Wooden Palisades from build list in workers if you have Mathematics (unlocks Forts - upgrade to Wooden Palisades).
Wooden Watchtower is improvement from different upgrade line, but it seems like they don't have upgrade line as if they weren't finished yet.

2. You can't build forts closer than two tiles to each other just like cities.

3. looks like actual bug - upload save.
Looks like Wooden Palisades can be placed next to each other unlike forts.
This may be why you can't upgrade Wooden Palisades.

Wooden Watchtower upgrades to Stone Watchtower (upgrade is commented out in improvement infos)->Steel Watchtower->Radar Tower->Listening Tower.
Upgrade from Radar Tower to Listening Node doesn't make sense at all because while first 4 watchtowers are Earthly buildings Listening Node is space improvement.
there must be also another reason, see screenshots. I checked ALL tiles, see the results. It is not related to BUG.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 131
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 180
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
OK, it looks like everything here is too minor to delay release. Please go into a complete dead freeze for a moment until that's complete.

also another problem I'm just facing:
until I got writing and by that the ability to hurry a building by gold, I had 2,200 gold/turn and so within short time more than 100,000. But C2C cuts the gold at 99,999 and counts new from zero. So the ability is a bad joke and in no relation to the real costs of buildings. Cap should be 999,999 and not 99,999, then it is more realistic.

also another problem I'm just facing:
until I got writing and by that the ability to hurry a building by gold, I had 2,200 gold/turn and so within short time more than 100,000. But C2C cuts the gold at 99,999 and counts new from zero. So the ability is a bad joke and in no relation to the real costs of buildings. Cap should be 999,999 and not 99,999, then it is more realistic.
Didn't you use PPIO?
Looks like there is typo in @Toffer90 PPIO

Then how players can know, that not every wooden palisade can be upgraded to fort, if they place palisades close to each other?
such (see screenshots) is why I like the palisandes and want same for forts. I don't want to miss that.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0003a.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0003a.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004a.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0004a.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 149
Then upload save.
May be bug in translation too.
don't have the saves from before and after anymore, made a HDD cleanup yesterday. Currently I'm upü again to 72,000 gold. (means, I should not hurry any for the next 16 turns, OK)

And Palisades still use the vanilla city distance of 2 tiles not 3 that we use in C2C..
nt true. See my sreenhsots, I made palisandes as I need for strategic reasons, direct in a line for several tiles, direct close to a city. And that makes sense for me. I.e. to block another civ to expand, or spread culture and press me by culture. Militrary buildings are always stronger than any culture, as long as troops are there. (Ask our politicans).

At one stage we were trying to control how close (terrain improvement) fortifications could be to each other but had to remove it because it caused problems with cities, the need to siege cities and the placement of cities or fortifications on islands. Basically the XML tag and its implementation were too simplistic for C2C. Never happened before in C2C, did it!:lol::rotfl:

Then upload save.
May be bug in translation too.
No bug, my fault. Had now a close look and the drop of Gold (randomly just at that turn) was caused by great unit upgrade ("all") which cost more then 100k and dropped me to zero. Now, beeing again at 100k, it counts forward to 101k

Edit
related forts and wooden palisandes.
Now, lot turns after I researched mathematics, a greater part of the wooden palisandes switched to fort. However, I can not detect any system, for what reason some are changed and other not, and why at that turn.

nt true. See my sreenhsots, I made palisandes as I need for strategic reasons, direct in a line for several tiles, direct close to a city. And that makes sense for me. I.e. to block another civ to expand, or spread culture and press me by culture. Militrary buildings are always stronger than any culture, as long as troops are there. (Ask our politicans).
Don't care that you think it's untrue. Just play the mod and stop all the nitpick because you lack understanding. It's really that simple.

nvrmnd

Last edited:
looks like AI civs don't use merchant caravan, food caravan, early merchant, early food merchant to develop their city, and build story teller but don't use them.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    328.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    317.4 KB · Views: 123
looks like AI civs don't use merchant caravan, food caravan, early merchant, early food merchant to develop their city, and build story teller but don't use them.
yep... that's an issue for the AI.

They should occasionally use the entertainers to build buildings they can get from them. To not use them IS to use them though. They are mostly an educational unit.

what is with England (Elisabeth)? for 2390 turns no settler built, no worker, no expanding. Irregular little ranking.

Edit
Elisabeth built endless Enforcers. Found reason: English has no copper, a lack of the map.
After I tradet copper to her, she built a settler instantly.

Edit 2
it's not the copper thing. Made a new start and again elisabeth (with copper) now run endless building of trained dogs (2 turns for each) but after one is done, it is nowhere. Had a look by worldbuilder , and it looks like Elisabeth kills any unit instantly and repeats its building.. Somethng is wrong with it, and I don't believe it's a map thing. She has 1 city size 10, some lower units, 1 canoe and does nothing more, also not explore any, (except slow research) and seems to be in a loop of building same unit, kill it, build again.

Attachments

• England.JPG
    England.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Hi! I think I came to a dead end - in this savegame hitting "end turn" freezes the game:

Attachments

• wis.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 375
  • wis.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 267
Hi! I think I came to a dead end - in this savegame hitting "end turn" freezes the game:
it never did throw an exception, but it looks like your turn is stuck in an infinite loop which involves some python calls unknown to me. At one moment CyCity::getOccupationTimer is called, which is all I was able to catch for now. I was trying to catch something on the dll side by randomly pausing the game during a debug run.

By turning on "No Revolutions" game option I was unable to get it going either.

Last edited:
For anyone who's curious, this is a Prince/Long/Giant game, on a 10807+ SVN, still in Prehistoric.

For Ag0range, I lack the expertise to help you, but I wish you luck.

I can say that this is the wrong thread, so if you don't get the help you need here, you may want to repost in the stickied SVN Bugs and Crashes (v39+) thread.

Also, you seem to have attached two identical copies of your save, so you might want to delete one.

Reactions: Anq
it never did throw an exception, but it looks like your turn is stuck in an infinite loop which involves some python calls unknown to me. At one moment CyCity::getOccupationTimer is called, which is all I was able to catch for now. I was trying to catch something on the dll side by randomly pausing the game during a debug run.

By turning on "No Revolutions" game option I was unable to get it going either.
I'll check if I can figure out where in python the infinite loop happens.
Found the problem, fix coming to the SVN soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom