1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v39 download - After July 20th, 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Jul 21, 2019.

1. margolloxx

margolloxx Chieftain

v39

I don't know if it is intended or not or wether that has been changed for upcoming v40 already, but i can still build clubmen when approaching ancient techs for axemen and similar which means by default i would spam clubmen like crazy and just upgrade them to the newest unit because i have so much gold anyways.

2. billw2015

billw2015 King

Changes to how much gold you can get should fix one aspect of that. Not sure if it's intentional that you can build clubmen at all at that point though.

3. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Sounds like he doesn't have buildings or resources needed for clubman replacement.

Or that not all replacements of clubman are available.
    Apparently clubman and spiked clubman (upgrade of former unit) could upgrade to Neanderthal unit.
    Removed those two upgrades in Git.

It seems like previous version of unit is available, if you don't have all replacements of this unit unlocked.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Yes, this is normal in Civ IV, all versions.:mischief:

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Ah, so this vanilla feature was why he could build outdated units - those units (non Neanderthal version) could upgrade to Neanderthal one.
    I removed those upgrade paths, so no non-Neanderthal unit can upgrade to Neanderthal one.

6. Sir Monster The Great

Sir Monster The Great Chieftain

The same thing happens with Docter (Medieval) and Surgeon (Renaissance), Medic (Industrial) and Ambulance WWI and WWII (Industrial and Atomic). You can build them both, but early one will have the option to upgrade to the newer one, despite the older one technically being obsolete.

7. Harrier

Harrier Deity

I think it also happens with Trade/Food Caravan type units. If you have all of the latest version - you can then build the earlier versions and later upgrade them for very little cost. {A possible bug or exploit}