Single Player bugs and crashes v39 download - After July 20th, 2019

Ok hoping for a suggestion or two.... I loaded C2C onto my wife's new laptop, (and have deleted/reloaded) because of an odd bug. BTS plays fine, but when C2C is loaded, some mouse clicks do not work, for example she has to use the arrow keys to go to advanced and load a mod, and she cannot save... Any help is most appreciated.

latest svn

AI as crazy builds healers.

I`m killing 195 medicine mans....really something is wrong here

latest svn

AI as crazy builds healers.

I`m killing 195 medicine mans....really something is wrong here
Yeah we know there's a flaw or two causing that.

Thunderbird I had installed CIV4 earlier, and BTS was playing fine, and indeed is still playing fine, but C2C will not play normally, the mouse issue continues...

After this morning's update I now have random units or unit groups going invisible. And no, Stealth option is not being used. I believe it has to do with the recent Paging graphics changes.

Screenshots below. If save needed say so and I will upload.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0166.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0166.JPG
    370.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Civ4ScreenShot0167.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0167.JPG
    426.9 KB · Views: 207
After this morning's update I now have random units or unit groups going invisible. And no, Stealth option is not being used. I believe it has to do with the recent Paging graphics changes.

Screenshots below. If save needed say so and I will upload.
Upload save so @billw2015 can adjust paging settings.

Its not a problem with the settings, both default and value in xml for unit spawn in should be set to 15 plot radius.
Save might be useful.
Are they actually random, or is it any that aren't in the middle of the screen? Obviously you can try fixing this by turning off paging in bug settings.

Its not a problem with the settings, both default and value in xml for unit spawn in should be set to 15 plot radius.
Save might be useful.
Are they actually random, or is it any that aren't in the middle of the screen? Obviously you can try fixing this by turning off paging in bug settings.
This can happen anywhere. In fact that Island in the 2 screen shots can have All the units become invisible. Or even units next to each other where 1 unit on one tile is visible but a unit ona tile next to it is invisible. My FOV is set to 42 -46 and I'm slightly zoomed in not out.

Save game below.

EDIT: Just realized I have posted this bug in the wrong thread. Duoh! :blush::p

Attachments

• Long Civics BC-0541.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Are they actually random, or is it any that aren't in the middle of the screen?
Actually the unit that is up for action is there, in middle of screen. But all other units in visible main screen area are invisible Until you make the focused unit move.

@billw2015 , I turned Graphic Paging Off in BUG. All units now visible.

@JosEPh_II Neither me nor @raxo2222 can recreate this bug with your save or without. Could you also please upload your UserSettings dir, and tell me if you are using any non-standard settings or local modifications? What resolution you run at as well?

Any news on this?
Nah, my working theory is that save compatibility recalculation broke your quest somehow, another theory has to do with uninitialized variables in the dll.
This general problem with all quests appeared after v39 release, and the xml hasn't changed for any quests since then.
PPIO didn't modify any quest related python, so I'm pretty sure some of the very technical changes that hapopened in the dll after v39 release borked something with the cached data for running quests.

If someone could confirm this error happening on a game started on a more recent SVN then this problem would become high priority. If it is simply a one off case of broken save then its not that high priority to fix.
I'm pretty sure you can play on with your save without any serious consequences from those python exceptions. If this same exception is thrown often then you may want to hide python exception. This can be done in the BtS.ini file.

I should add this issue to our github bug tracker so the dll modders may take interest in it.

Last edited:
Nah, my working theory is that save compatibility recalculation broke your quest somehow, another theory has to do with uninitialized variables in the dll.
This general problem with all quests appeared after v39 release, and the xml hasn't changed for any quests since then.
PPIO didn't modify any quest related python, so I'm pretty sure some of the very technical changes that hapopened in the dll after v39 release borked something with the cached data for running quests.

Edit: Wait.... are you playing on v39 when getting this error? Just realized what thread this is.

If someone could confirm this error happening on a game started on a more recent SVN then this problem would become high priority. If it is simply a one off case of broken save then its not that high priority to fix.
I'm pretty sure you can play on with your save without any serious consequences from those python exceptions. If this same exception is thrown often then you may want to hide python exception. This can be done in the BtS.ini file.

I should add this issue to our github bug tracker so the dll modders may take interest in it.
He said earlier, that he plays on latest SVN - he posted here by mistake.
I got this error on his save.

He said earlier, that he plays on latest SVN - he posted here by mistake.
I got this error on his save.
Yeah, I got it too when I tested it on latest SVN when he first mentioned it, though some of my reasoning has been that his save got broken when updating past v39. And it being in this thread confused me as I didn't remember being informed that it was not a v39 problem.

Just to be clear, this is not a python bug, this is a dll bug. Vanilla quest expire python callback never safeguarded against invalid player id's in the TriggeredEventData as it was supposed to be impossible for events to be triggered for non existing players.
So if I start adding in that safeguard to all the PythonExpireCheck callback then I may as well hide a serious bug that makes it impossible for any quest to expire at all without there being any error messages that may explain why.

Top Bottom