Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

I'm running into another bug, this time with AI units getting free heals on my turn after being attacked. It's the same game, I reverted to the last save without the unhappiness bug and played on from there. However, Egypt has an absolute beast of a unit stationed in Abydos - a level 9 Kanembu Warrior with exceptional combat quality, battalion group size, and various bonuses that make it very unpleasant to attack. This unit gets healed for free after I attack it (not every time, but often enough to be a real problem), and as far as I can tell there's no legitimate effect that should be causing this.

I've been able to reproduce the issue several times now - I end the turn, pick a tech, tell the spies in Abydos to try to sabotage the walls (which usually fails). I hit the units in the city with a ranged attack from the siege units in the NE tile (this never seems to hit the tough unit though - I see a similar effect with the siege quinqueremes outside Los Angeles, so this may be another bug). I then group together all the remaining units and send them in - the enemy unit usually takes some light damage after each attack, but will be healed back to full health maybe 2-3 times in the course of the attacks.

Attachments

• ai-free-heals.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
as far as I can tell there's no legitimate effect that should be causing this.
There ARE hero promos that give this ability. And yes, it's very tough to fight against. There are some highly epically advanced promos that can help other units in the stack do this on occasion as well.

Hmmm, the unit seems to just have might 2, the size up and quality up promotions to take it to battalion group size and exceptional quality, and a few generic promotions. Nothing else on the tile is above level 4 either, though there is a great general at level 1. I'm assuming there's something I'm missing, because I can't figure out where the ability is coming from.

Also it should probably be made a bit clearer that this is an intended thing, because without getting a message about it after the combat or it being mentioned in the detailed combat outcomes preview or the combat log, and without being able to tell what's causing it, it feels like a bug.

Any solution to the treasury fluctuation? Each turn and a different outcome. Tried everything ( update SVN , Recalculation ctrl+shift+T , Disable city auto manage...) nothing seems to fix it. Im playing on Gigantic map , Epic speed and im on turn 4000...Problem started around turn 3500.

Any solution to the treasury fluctuation? Each turn and a different outcome. Tried everything ( update SVN , Recalculation ctrl+shift+T , Disable city auto manage...) nothing seems to fix it. Im playing on Gigantic map , Epic speed and im on turn 4000...Problem started around turn 3500.
Upload save

Since the latest SVN, I can not use automate city defense. In BUG options under the automations tab, I unchecked allowed to leave city and they still leave the city.

Edit: Latest SVN did not fix the issue, in fact units are even going farther now to eliminate threats.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a "feature". For many SVN versions now I have noticed that there are issues when you have a group of units that have different movement values.
For example, in the attached saved game I have a Wise Woman (1 movement point) and a Chaser (2 movements) linked in a group (they are at X 95, Y 40 in the top right corner of the map). I move the group from the forest to the Grassland space and when you look at the units, they are no longer grouped. Instead, the Wise woman is displaying no moves are available while the Chaser has moves left. I am forced to re-link the two units until the next time the chaser can move two spaces.
I previous SVN versions, the two units would remain linked in a group but would not be able to move more than one space at a time. I think the last SVN version that worked was from mid-July.
Is this 'unit unlinking' on purpose? Thanks.

Attachments

• units with different movement points.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a "feature". For many SVN versions now I have noticed that there are issues when you have a group of units that have different movement values.
For example, in the attached saved game I have a Wise Woman (1 movement point) and a Chaser (2 movements) linked in a group (they are at X 95, Y 40 in the top right corner of the map). I move the group from the forest to the Grassland space and when you look at the units, they are no longer grouped. Instead, the Wise woman is displaying no moves are available while the Chaser has moves left. I am forced to re-link the two units until the next time the chaser can move two spaces.
I previous SVN versions, the two units would remain linked in a group but would not be able to move more than one space at a time. I think the last SVN version that worked was from mid-July.
Are you sure they're unlinking, and not just autoselecting the unit with movement?
1659888888334.png

These two units remain grouped after moving one tile; pressing enter will select the next active unit elsewhere on the map, and I think, not come back to this group.

They are actually still grouped, though those with no MP will have been unselected, if you hit "space", "enter" or "W" on the residual selection then they should still be grouped the next turn.
This selection behavior is something I did some weeks ago, and is an intended feature.

They are actually still grouped, though those with no MP will have been unselected, if you hit "space", "enter" or "W" on the residual selection then they should still be grouped the next turn.
This selection behavior is something I did some weeks ago, and is an intended feature.
Very annoying and confusing, really.
I rather thought that this was caused by combatants silently making an attack on a hidden unit and thus de-grouping themselves, but this isn't as clear in some cases.

Side-question:
I now sometimes see double-battle results (2 units being killed) from clearly one-move-point attacks, when involving "hiding" units.
Also makes it confusing in which unit "ambushes" which one in such a case, too.

Spies do not wake up from Gather Intel (and they never were woken at correct time if they had Improvise promotion).

v42.1.BETA.7121
Windows 7 x64

just had this error: info type 'UNIT_FRENCH_MUSKETEER' not found, Current XML file is: modules\Alt_Timelines\Megafauna\Megafauna_CIV4SpawnInfos.xml
It was caused by your modmod, clean up SVN.

Unfortunately, this is not the case, at least when you use the spacebar to finish the group's turn.
For example, I have a group consisting of an archer and 6 workers. I tell the workers to build a path - one completes the action leaving the archer and 5 workers still with movement/action points. I hit the spacebar to tell them to finish their turn but when my next turn starts, the single worker is no longer linked to the other 6 units. If, however, I hit the Enter or "w" keys, then the group will be intact the next turn.
I guess I have to re-train myself to use the Enter key rather than the spacebar :)

Unfortunately, this is not the case, at least when you use the spacebar to finish the group's turn.
For example, I have a group consisting of an archer and 6 workers. I tell the workers to build a path - one completes the action leaving the archer and 5 workers still with movement/action points. I hit the spacebar to tell them to finish their turn but when my next turn starts, the single worker is no longer linked to the other 6 units. If, however, I hit the Enter or "w" keys, then the group will be intact the next turn.
I guess I have to re-train myself to use the Enter key rather than the spacebar :)
Which is clearly a BUG, or at least it is changing the way that grouping used to work since forever - it never automatically split units for any reason whatsoever, unless you did it manually.
That caused ANOTHER possible issue with "wasted turn points" (if you accidentally grouped units with different speeds NOT because you were using one of them as a tile defender for all the others) - but at least you wouldn't need to re-group almost each turn, often moving the WRONG unit first (and very often possibly KILLING it on a sudden "attack" that you never intended to perform with THIS unit in the first place).
So, yes, it's a BUG.

"W" for "Wait" might be better to use than "enter", as I think "enter" can end turn if no unit/city is selected.
I will look into stopping the sleep command from separating groups.
I'll also look into making it possible to unselect current selection with the mouse only for those that dislike using the keyboard.

"W" for "Wait" might be better to use than "enter", as I think "enter" can end turn if no unit/city is selected.
I will look into stopping the sleep command from separating groups.
I'll also look into making it possible to unselect current selection with the mouse only for those that dislike using the keyboard.
I'm not sure myself (not that you're asking, lol) what way is better, it's just that we are all USED to a certain way for it to work, and it now causes unnecessary confusion.
Why did you change anything in the first place, really?

I'm not sure myself (not that you're asking, lol) what way is better, it's just that we are all USED to a certain way for it to work, and it now causes unnecessary confusion.
Why did you change anything in the first place, really?
I moved the unit selection cycling code from exe to dll (I have no idea what is in the exe so I basically reimplemented the code in dll as I saw fit) to get better control over the automatic unit cycling. There were multiple bugs in how and when units got unselected and cycling would happen which annoyed me immensely.
An improvement with it automatically unselecting units that use up all their movement points in a stack is that it no longer auto cycle to a different stack (assuming you won't want to move the remaining units that can move) so one have to move the cam back to the unit one just moved, select it again, unselect the unit with no movement and then use it for whatever task that might have become relevant after the stack moved.
I guess I could make it so that units aren't unselected when they use up their MP without it putting the stack to sleep and triggering an auto unit cycle like it used to do in vanilla.
Anyhow, the point is that we now have full capability to mod unit cycling and selection behavior, this was something C2C never really had before, before we basically just had two exe functions we could call without any inputs to influence what it does; I'm sorry that this expanded mod-ability I added caused some distress in its first implementation.

Top Bottom