Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

@raxo2222 will do for next bug, and i'll check what @BlueTemplar wrote.

Got a new CTD, repeatable and not fixable by recalculating (tried twice).

Attachments

• UserSettings.zip
    29.5 KB · Views: 6
  • QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
  • MiniDump-v42.1.BETA.7245-20220922-152935.dmp.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 4
Installation guide:
1. Never overwrite old version of mod with new one - always delete old version, as files are often moved, renamed or removed.
2. Mod must be named Caveman2Cosmos and won't work if placed in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS.
If its located there - delete it from that place
So valid install paths will look like this:
For GoG this will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Civilization IV Complete\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
For steam it will be something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos
Assets folder would exist in Caveman2Cosmos folder - ensure it isn't nested!
3. If game is on system drive "c:", then you need to run as admin.
Not the case.
I keep getting similar types (various) of glitches from time to time, but I'm very good at installing the mod correctly.
So the problem is in the code.

Not the case.
I keep getting similar types (various) of glitches from time to time, but I'm very good at installing the mod correctly.
So the problem is in the code.
Upload user settings then

Tried ending turn on this save, no CTD. What is it that triggers the CTD for you, ending turn?
Yes... ending turn, turn turns over, CTD. All my CTD up to now always are at turn resolution. Most of the time recalculating works, but not this time for me. I'm using the SVN from 15okt and reloaded this save a few times and recalculating and not recalculating etc.. pretty weird you didn't get a CTD. Does clearing cache or something might help?
Thz for looking at it anyway :)

Yes... ending turn, turn turns over, CTD. All my CTD up to now always are at turn resolution. Most of the time recalculating works, but not this time for me. I'm using the SVN from 15okt and reloaded this save a few times and recalculating and not recalculating etc.. pretty weird you didn't get a CTD. Does clearing cache or something might help?
Thz for looking at it anyway :)
If you are on windows 7, then some CTD's can be solved by running the game in windows XP compatibility mode.

usersettings are uploaded in my previous post (post #341). Unless I missed something, then happy to upload some more :)
I tested with your user settings btw.
Hmm, you can try to delete the CivilizationIV.ini file in "...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword" maybe it has somehow been corrupted. Also delete the backup, the one with a .bak at the end if it's there.
You could try uploading your BtS proofile file (.pfl) located in "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\My Games\beyond the sword\Profiles"

AppData is a hidden folder, so you might have to change your folder view settings to see it, but you can also just write in AppData in the folder path structure and get into it that way.
Or press win+R to open the "run" window then input %AppData% there.

in the city of Rome: i have Spartacus.. but when i use him to fight against the invading barbs, i lose the city and have to start all over again with that city?? why is that?? its my city to begin with, and i have a bowman there also ..

Attachments

• Maya07.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • spart.JPG
    spart.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 14
Game crash without any message.
Hmm, this line
algo::for_each(cities(), CvCity::fn::doTurn());

Loops through a NULL city (for player 13 - Greece), that couldn't happen before...
Germany captures and raze Knossos before this happens, so I guess Knossos isn't removed from the cities() array when it is deleted.
@MattCA: any thoughts?

Edit: Knossos is razed due to culture on its city plot falling down to zero, that was impossible before the culture rework. @Blazenclaw @flabbert
....On second thought, possible that it is razed because it culturally flip to German ownership and that it is autorazed due to only having 1 pop (should only happen on conquest though, so maybe the culture flip pass some wrong arguments when it does the ownership change?). I'll investigate further another day.

Last edited:
No you don't - only if you have installed Civ (or any other game) in a protected location like Program Files (x86 or not), which is something you should never have done in the first place.

As though games would be different than any other type of programs and would not require a protection.

No you don't - only if you have installed Civ (or any other game) in a protected location like Program Files (x86 or not), which is something you should never have done in the first place.
Why?

Top Bottom