Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

It is random amount of turns, one time was only 3 and another time was 20 turns. I am playing marathon in Medieval Era on a tiny map with 3 AI opponents.

Here

Attachments

• Upload.7z
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
getting random ctds also, point of reference: sometimes units dont have action btns, but when u click on the unit itself they appear, just for notes .. . .

Attachments

• action.JPG
    action.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for looking into it.

@The Omega ,
Are you also using Revolutions On as a game Option?

@Team, Was Start As Minor option ever really revamped?

As to the barb city becoming a Minor Civ, and then getting the 8 tiles around the starting tile, that is because they get a big jump in Culture levels upon reaching "minor Civ" status.

The 1 City Tile Start Option was made before any revamp work was done on Start As Minor Option. And all Barb cities under the Old SAM option not only received a ton of fighting units but a big culture boost.

Latest SVN, can not exit to main menu nor load a save in the middle of the game without crashing.

Small text error:
1670811543053.png

In my current game (version 11523) I've noticed something worrying, although I'm not there yet. (I just researched Crucible Steel, but I was looking ahead.) In the Civilopedia, it says that the Advanced Ironworks replaces both the Iron Smelter and the Steel Smelter, but it doesn't provide either Iron or Steel Ingots - only Wares. If I'm remembering correctly about how it's worked in the past, that means that once you build the Advanced Ironworks, that city will no longer produce those ingots. Now, I'm a ways off from reaching that point, but it would probably be something good to look into.

In my current game (version 11523) I've noticed something worrying, although I'm not there yet. (I just researched Crucible Steel, but I was looking ahead.) In the Civilopedia, it says that the Advanced Ironworks replaces both the Iron Smelter and the Steel Smelter, but it doesn't provide either Iron or Steel Ingots - only Wares. If I'm remembering correctly about how it's worked in the past, that means that once you build the Advanced Ironworks, that city will no longer produce those ingots. Now, I'm a ways off from reaching that point, but it would probably be something good to look into.
That's because there are manufactured resource streamliners for all those early resource manufactures.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2022-12-12 20-05-20-44.png
Civ4BeyondSword 2022-12-12 20-08-26-45.png

Their point is to ensure, that one city can make only one bonus of (for example iron ingot) - not two if you had iron smith and recycling center for example.
This way you can't pump corporations too much like you could have 200 salt.
They are replaced by final upgrade. There is even "may/required to build Resource - X in tooltip"
Resource - X are autobuilt.

That is if two buildings producing X could coexist at given tech point, then instead they let Resource - X to spawn.
This Resource - X provides that bonus.

I guess system works flawlessly, since no one pointed it out until now :D
Fun fact: Initially it was meant to be some sort of carcass providers cleanup, but then it went: I can do it for Bones, Bugs, and other mass coexisting bonus providers.

Last edited:
one thing i am getting very very tired of is the damn workers not working correctly.. ie: when u click on a worker (doesnt matter which kind of) then tell it to do, lets say build a mine,, it DOESNT go to the next thing to do, u have to MANUALLY click on that worker, and pause it, then it goes to the next thing to do, if u have like 20 workers it gets pretty tiresome . .. . this happens like 99% of the time ..

one thing i am getting very very tired of is the damn workers not working correctly.. ie: when u click on a worker (doesnt matter which kind of) then tell it to do, lets say build a mine,, it DOESNT go to the next thing to do, u have to MANUALLY click on that worker, and pause it, then it goes to the next thing to do, if u have like 20 workers it gets pretty tiresome . .. . this happens like 99% of the time ..
Upload save and user settings

Upload save and user settings
k, oh yea, is there any chance that we could have more great people than before , meaning since we changed the requirements, we now need more to help out, but as of right now very very few r afforded to each civ??

Attachments

• Alien25.zip
    3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Are you on latest SVN? I fixed this issue yesterday.

Top Bottom