Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

Do you think it is equally desirable to inhabit a dense jungle as a grassland?
Yes. And then tell me why there are so many cultures that live in Jungles even in this current time. And why so many ancient ruins from past Civilizations. The Jungle has much more to offer than a plain/grassland.
I think not.

No, we disagree.
Living in a grassland being better than a Jungle is a Modern city dweller's viewpoint. One that has lost it's connection to nature.

Is there going to be an SVN update soon?

Yes. And then tell me why there are so many cultures that live in Jungles even in this current time. And why so many ancient ruins from past Civilizations. The Jungle has much more to offer than a plain/grassland.
I think we'll have to agree to disagree here; I can see the argument that "grassland is better than jungle" is modern view, but I still maintain "grassland is easier than jungle for civilization to arise in" is accurate.
If you want to edit it yourself, you'll want to edit Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4FeaturesInfo.xml. Find <Type>FEATURE_JUNGLE</Type>, then below it, <iCultureDistance>2</iCultureDistance> is the additional 'cost' for jungles (same as Ancient Forest; regular forest is 1). Unfortunately I don't know if there's a way to tell SVN to not update that particular file...
Is there going to be an SVN update soon?
@Toffer90 wanted others to look at this change, so yes hopefully soon. I'd wanted to push it today, but up to him I guess? I'm still squashing bugs, but I promise, soon lol.
I'm going to be mostly AFK for the rest of the day, so up to him at this point I think.
i dont have discord, so has the Guided Missile and units being built outside the city been discussed or fixed??
Not yet, raxo's been busy with text prep for savebreak, Toffer busy with other things, and I've been stuck on this. Didn't seem to have units outside of city on fresh game though, and I don't know what's in your undead modmod that might cause it.

Last edited:
Not yet, Didn't seem to have units outside of city on fresh game though, and I don't know what's in your undead modmod that might cause it.
all my modmods r default,,,happens also on default bomber units. . .

Hills & mountains vs valleys & plains. If a resource is found on a plot/tile No matter the terrain, do you Not think the people living near that resource won't migrate to it?? Really? That is Unrealsitic.
Resources have an active countereffect to any resistance to culture after DH modified it to a while back in RCS. Thus, if there truly is something of known value there to be had, then yes, people are going to tend to want to move there to claim and collect it. The jungles deep in the Amazon hardly have anyone living there but there's quite a bit of residency in Gianna where there is open gold mining on the surface regions.
And then tell me why there are so many cultures that live in Jungles even in this current time. And why so many ancient ruins from past Civilizations. The Jungle has much more to offer than a plain/grassland.
Many of those cultures are hiding from the rest of us and are so 'out of the way' so deep in the jungle that they were where all other modern men would not even wish to tread without roads and modernization penetrating their security thanks to the difficulty jungles really represent to live in. They're also way behind us technologically because the act of survival being such a constant effort kept them from great progress.

The ruins we find from past civilizations are from where jungles quickly reclaimed those ruins and until somewhat recent explorations had (and still many do) remained lost to us once people were either run off, killed, or moved out for whatever reason. Jungle regions are usually developed where people do slash and burn to then settle there, but such areas are also quick to recover if left alone and the soil isn't washed off and the place becomes somewhat barren to life which is happening a lot in Brazil.

TBH, Jungles are terrifying places that represent some of the hardest terrains to survive in. Yes there are many possible treasures to be found there in food and so on but the life there is competitive and will often happily kill you. The venemous snakes of south america terrify anyone with any sense. And if you're trying to compare to the forests of North America, I don't think we're seeing Jungles to mean at all eye to eye. Malaria, ants, jaguars, serpents that hide in trees to drop down on you because you're warm walking under them, spiders the size of small dogs, so on and so on... yeah - nope. Not my ideal place to live thank you.

But I suppose that's just my city-dwelling nature even though I LOVE getting lost in deep wood forests that don't cause you to break out in hives and as much as I do HATE the cold, I'd rather live in the wilds of Alaska. I mean, watch Alone or Naked and Afraid some to get a real sense of how challenging jungles really are. It creeps me out just thinking about it.

Yeah, jungles should be very hard to thrive in them - effectively locking you to rivers and coasts.
You should be able to extract resources, but you would be locked to more primitive improvements.
Now you can delete all jungles in the world by Classical era.

Breaking out of medieval stasis would require persistent shortage of luxuries like spices - Columbus wanted spices, found America
Also peasants being decimated by plague and general competition between nations helped process.

Maps are roughgrained due to 20 year old game engine, and you always advance, so there are limitations.

Last edited:
Columbus wanted spices, found America
He was thinking he could get to China and India by going West, which is why we have long called Native Americans "Indians". He was right the world was round, but he had yet to learn what those who funded his trip did already know, that there was a whole continent lying in the way of his intended goal.

A minor issue when I got into the later stages of a space map game. Open the save game in the attached ZIP file and cycle through all the unit movements until you get to the one active heavy rocket. Move it to the nearest Level 1 space station and execute the resupply mission. When you are then taken to the research reward unit, activate the research bonus action. At this point, I get the following error:
1675869701779.png

You can hit the OK button and the game continues. Interestingly, I have completed several of the research bonus actions before this with no errors.
I have also attached my error logs and user settings folders. Sorry for the size of the zip file but the saved game file is over 11 Mb by itself.

EDIT: I closed and restarted C2C, loaded the saved game, ran through the steps and could not replicate the error. Played the game a while ensuring I had several research bonuses created but still, no error.

Consider this one a gremlin. :)

Attachments

• Traceback error with research bonus.zip
    10 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
They're also way behind us technologically because the act of survival being such a constant effort kept them from great progress.
:lol:Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they don't want "modern technology"? That their way of life is not restricted, does not bind their very freedom? Technology has maybe blinded your view of life and how to live it? Perhaps a wake up call is needed to get out of the "Technology spider web" most people live in today. Can't drive, walk, or talk to/with other people w/o their eyes glued to the screen on their phone. Blinded slaves to "tech". Lemmings captured by the Tech that is luring them to fall of the cliff. Better wake up as those that control the tech also control you the user of said tech. And they do not care if you live or die, becuase thy already have you enslaved and you don't even know it. Sad. Those that live w/o that bondage are the truly Free.

:lol:Has it ever occurred to you that maybe they don't want "modern technology"? That their way of life is not restricted, does not bind their very freedom? Technology has maybe blinded your view of life and how to live it? Perhaps a wake up call is needed to get out of the "Technology spider web" most people live in today. Can't drive, walk, or talk to/with other people w/o their eyes glued to the screen on their phone. Blinded slaves to "tech". Lemmings captured by the Tech that is luring them to fall of the cliff. Better wake up as those that control the tech also control you the user of said tech. And they do not care if you live or die, becuase thy already have you enslaved and you don't even know it. Sad. Those that live w/o that bondage are the truly Free.
Europe also would stay medieval if it wasn't for several factors :D

Advancements in technology bring up new limitations. Progress in medicine has lenghtened the human lifespan, but now people live longer portions of life with disease. On all accounts, many previously lethal conditions become chronic - dramatically increasing the portion of dependant subjects in a society. Progress doesn't always mean an increase in efficiency. Our noble views on the worth of life cost us a lot of money.

The ability to capitalize on these new costs as an opportunity for further growth, occupation and integration into society spells the sustainability of it all. Across different welfare systems, those who prioritize the direct offer of services through higher rates of female employment (Scandinavian countries mostly) manage to turn this burden into a productive chapter in their GDP. On the other hand, corporative welfare makes it a burden, limits female employment, and stunts opportunities for positive developments.

Progress is not about having something new - it's about what is done with the new thing once you have it.

Advancements in technology bring up new limitations.
Some of people hate petty limitations like c=300 000 km/s.
If your life expectancy is 1000 000 years like good old nanomorphic timelord, then you don't care about speed of light :D

In game most of people have indefinite lifespan once you can reach 80% of speed of light.
FTL (warping spacetime) is extremely common like bicycles by time you have tachyons.

That is ruthless capitalists and hippie luddites should leave science and tech alone.

Technology is the power to understand and harness tools one currently does not know how to utilize. It is competition's edge, the strength of your sword, and your right to survive and overcome all that would undo you if it could. All of us are either at the mercy of a greater power or throwing off the shackles of our ignorance. Freedom always comes at the price of responsibility of course. But being a child, innocent and ignorant, was never a better state than being an adult who can wisely and powerfully provide for themselves and others. The roads we have taken through the path of expanding technology has always been perilous, yes, but it also always leads to correcting the mistakes along the way. One grows into terrifyingly powerful new realities daily, or slips into the darkness of mistakes they should know better than to continue making until the weight of their inaction crushes them. Is this really a choice to make? Is not fear the only reason one dares not trod forth?

Yes... I suppose I AM a progressist by nature. To seek greater understanding of the universe is to worship by honoring the creating power that put the universe in place to be admired and observed in all its incredulous glory.

What you speak of as 'technology' is not the same thing - it's just a footnote in what will become our history as we transition into a more incredible future to come as a result of where we are today.

Having said all that, I really enjoy having your perspective on this forum Joseph! Thank you for being a part of this whole experience here - you're one of the best of us!

Last edited:
May we Please have an SVN update?! Please??!:please:

where's my actions for a spy, and this is the 2nd turn .. .
Spies can't take actions against barbs. Not entirely sure why this is tbh... probably there's some missions that won't work well against them. Made a note of it to look into later on github, but working as intended for now.

I Have problem in BUG options
If enable graphics paging is clicked off, units disappear after moving and will not reveal goody huts etc. terrain features unless i press ctrl shift t recalc.

My SVN Version. it´s 10545. i think, just upgrade now Feb 10.2023

Last edited:
Top Bottom