Single Player bugs and crashes v43 plus (SVN) - After January 2023

On the latest SVN, I started a new game as Neanderthal. I build cottages and hamlets and they are invisible. Screen shot attached. Red X is where the cottage supposed to be.
Yeah, I've been feeling like a lot of improvements went invisible recently, but I just didn't care to complain about it.

i finally get to Medieval era and i can finally upgrade, to "Warden"?? looooong wait. . . . .
Is there a unit limit of one on the Master Hunter line? My first became a Tracker, the next two couldn't do anything. Then I kept one, and as soon as I got to Rangers, he could become one.

Is there a unit limit of one on the Master Hunter line? My first became a Tracker, the next two couldn't do anything. Then I kept one, and as soon as I got to Rangers, he could become one.
Yes, master hunters give human player a big advantage over AI early game in regards to hunting, better to limit it to 1 to reduce the snowballing effect they have in human player hands, AI barely use them more effectively than regular hunters.

I keep getting this Python error:
20240407054824_1.jpg

It seems to be trying to place a new spice bonus by random event, but isn't being passed a valid plot.

Upload save so I can debug what happens in code when it occur.
It doesn't happen every turn. Probably within ten turns you'll get one or two.

Attachments

• Yudishtira June 26, AD-1151t1751.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 1
I have same problem. Playing Gigantic PerfectWorld2f map with modified size of map (282x191), 32 civs at start at game, extra civs modpack, eternity speed. Some civs were erased by Tsunami event, some emerged from barb cities. I am at middle of ancient era now, i have 7 cities, single one civ living on big separate island have 13 cities, one civ which emerged from barb civs have 2 cities, and ALL other civs have 1 city, and they are in the middle of ancient era too.

Tsunami event was erasing coastal civs, at one turn it destroyed mine, - i had to rollback some turns. So i manually turned off destroying city option for that event in XML file. This event should be either removed or redone or made optional - destroying civs (1 city ones in prehistoric) by random event is very unbalanced.

p.s. on 1st screen there is this 13 cities civ, on 2nd you can see other civs scores and cities number, on 3rd screen my settings. I also noticed that although i have Always Raze option turned off - cities were razed when captured.

So i started another game with same type of map. First civ made it into Sedentiary Lifestyle, I was last in scorelist, and i just researched Tribalism. Then i found 2 cities and about to found 4th, at this moment i am second from top on scorelist. Went to check worldbuilder - and saw same issue - nobody builds any cities, they build units, all kinds of buildings but no civ out of 30 there founded 2nd city.

So i started another game with same type of map. First civ made it into Sedentiary Lifestyle, I was last in scorelist, and i just researched Tribalism. Then i found 2 cities and about to found 4th, at this moment i am second from top on scorelist. Went to check worldbuilder - and saw same issue - nobody builds any cities, they build units, all kinds of buildings but no civ out of 30 there founded 2nd city.
Are you on latest SVN rev? This was an issue some revs ago, but fixed now afaik.

Are you on latest SVN rev? This was an issue some revs ago, but fixed now afaik.

Updated my SVN at Saturday - checked date of C2C folder created.

Upload save, earlier save the better, preferably the turn 0 save for the game, the initial autosave.
This is initial save. Civ Megapack (latest) is used. When copying into C2C folder had to skip overwriting Cultures_CIV4BuildingInfos file to get it working. No other mod-mods used

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-200000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
This is initial save. Civ Megapack (latest) is used. When copying into C2C folder had to skip overwriting file to get it working. No other mod-mods used
HERE is the LATEST Civ Megapack (edited by me). There's NO Cultures_CIV4BuildingInfos file in it now.
But it has nothing to do with the issue that you complained about, lol.

Thanks! =) Well, i have this mod mod along with some sound files copied to separate directory, and was checking megapack thread from time to time (first post). Obviously missed your edited archive download link. DLed it now, but as you mentioned - it won't help AI build more cities :( so will have to wait for solution. Btw, otherwise i liked last game very much - AI was waaaaay ahead of me till tribalism etc., something i was missing for like 10 or so years. I was hoping of great challenging game, and hopefully when cities issue is solved i will get one!

Thanks! =) Well, i have this mod mod along with some sound files copied to separate directory, and was checking megapack thread from time to time (first post). Obviously missed your edited archive download link. DLed it now, but as you mentioned - it won't help AI build more cities :( so will have to wait for solution. Btw, otherwise i liked last game very much - AI was waaaaay ahead of me till tribalism etc., something i was missing for like 10 or so years. I was hoping of great challenging game, and hopefully when cities issue is solved i will get one!
"Being ahead of you" is rather relative.
Not just in score, by the way, but in almost everything.
For example, you beelined to Obsidian Swordsmen (and got the resource as well), while AI beelined to Mysticism instead.
They now have much better infrastructure, but... you can simply CONQUER all of it with your objectively superior units.
Of course, if you are still in Prehistory, while AI is in Classical... well, yeah, you're done for.
Or NOT, if you manage to STEAL technologies from them in some funky way.
I once did precisely that - was way behind AI in techs, but it was an Eternity game, so when I managed to capture one of their cities... it gave me free tech progress AND put the city in Revolt.
So I just GIFTED it back to the previous owner (after CEASE FIRING with them)... and took it AGAIN the next turn or two.
Rinse-repeat until I'm basically on their TECH level, loool - then just switch the GIFT-CONQUER cycle to ANOTHER "more advanced" civ.
Just be careful to always ONLY Cease Fire, because Peace puts in on hold for a LONG time (Eternity, duh).
MWAHAHAHA!!!

Of course, if you are still in Prehistory, while AI is in Classical... well, yeah, you're done for.
Not necessarily true. Many of my games the Lead AI has been in early to mid Classical while I was finishing up Preh. Here Maps are very Important! Archipelago or Custom Continents are useful. Pangea not so much.

I know Rev's not supported, but in case anyone wants to have a look, I'm getting this now
20240410080242_1.jpg

It thinks it has found a city tile with no-one's culture on it.

Not necessarily true. Many of my games the Lead AI has been in early to mid Classical while I was finishing up Preh. Here Maps are very Important! Archipelago or Custom Continents are useful. Pangea not so much.
That's what I said: Tech =/= Units.
You can have older units that are so much better promoted that they STILL wipe the floor with the newer noobs.
But it takes a big EFFORT to achieve, yes.

On the latest SVN, auto hunt no longer works for warlords. Great another level of micromanaging I have to do in addition to managing the routes because Auto Trade Network function is broken as well. The city spacing is also broke, look at my smallest city. Guess it is time for 6 month break from this game again or until the game is less annoying again.

Edit: Forgot to upload stuff.

Attachments

• Upload.7z
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Top Bottom