Six-Months War; Take 4

EDIT: Also, what does the communist movement look like worldwide and in China?

Russia is once again the leader, with Trotsky taking control after Stalin died early, IIRC.

Other than that, I don't think major communist movements have sprung up in any nations other than perhaps my own nation of Sweden, but they are only one of 3-4 factions fighting each other right now.

I don't know about China, I'm afraid, but I haven't seen anything suggesting communists out there.

Russia is once again the leader, with Trotsky taking control after Stalin died early, IIRC.

Other than that, I don't think major communist movements have sprung up in any nations other than perhaps my own nation of Sweden, but they are only one of 3-4 factions fighting each other right now.

I don't know about China, I'm afraid, but I haven't seen anything suggesting communists out there.

France and Greece are having Communist Insurgencies, the latter moreso than the former.

Also Greece.

didn't see zeletguy

@ZD- True. Forgot about them.

@talonschild- I don't remember that. Which update?

That doesn't necessarily mean they are big or powerful yet. It just means they exist. Still, more than I knew.

Hmm, okay. Sorry for the barrage of questions, but does anyone know whether the concessions system is still in place in Chinese cities?

Regarding Greece, it is normal for you all to forget about it, seeing as the Communists will be crushed soon enough. ;)

Edit - I am too not sure about the Concessions part, it hasn't really been a major part of this game up to this point, but I think I agree with what talon said

Not to worry, heaven knows I peppered this place with questions when I joined a short while ago.

Not a damned clue, unfortunately. I haven't heard anything about that, though, and would assume Japanese power has encouraged everyone to stay away. Just the warlords, Republic, Empire, and Japan.

Japan forced all Entente concessions to be turned over to China at the end of the Great War, with the exception of Hong Kong which has remained in Japanese hands. China has a very different history, however, and it is unlikely that the Quadruple Alliance has any concessions there anyway.

NEWS FROM THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA
中华民国的新闻

The rebirth of China continues apace! As our statesmen works towards creating the form of our new nation, the order of the day in our lands is prosperity at home, and that prosperity lies along the Chang Jiang, the Long River, known to outsiders as the Yangtze. At its mouth, we have begun the process of modernizing Shanghai, the gateway to China. Those living in the city will see its decrepit docks and ruined streets torn up in favour of new, larger boulevards that will welcome a bustling trade.

来现代的上海,更美丽,更坚强!

From the city on the sea, the Republic is offering capital to those that wish to move vital goods along the mighty Chang Jiang, bringing prosperity along its banks. The world's longest river will server as an injection into the heart of China, bringing a new vitality into the world's oldest civilization.

Following the Chang Jiang, visitors can disembark at Jiujiang, which is to serve as one terminus of a new rail line going directly to the capital. Allies of the Republic will be sped in extreme comfort to the birthplace of the renewed China, where a celebration of China and the Republic is taking place alongside the Nanchang Conference.

中华新宪政出生了!

The festivities will show the deep cultural wealth of China, and all artists charged with pride for the Republic are invited to show their works, whether they live in lands controlled by the Republic or by another faction.

打到丢天命的僭主!中华民国万岁!联合中华万岁!
Down with the illegitimate tyrants! Long live the Chinese Republic! Long live united China!

Diplomacy from Sìchuān de Liánhé Shěng

To: The Republic of China

While we do appreciate your efforts to bring peace and stability to our portion of the world, it seems to escape your notice that the greatest threat to your own safety, the Qing Autocracy, is still existent, and like to destroy all the remaining cliques and factions of China if we are not to work together. As such, the United Provinces of Sìchuān propose a ten-year non-aggression pact to your great Republic, so that we may drive the Manchus out of Beijing and let peace and stability once more rule over China.

To: Qīnghǎi Jì
Xīníng is taken. We suggest starting peace talks now.

To: All Non-Imperial Chinese Factions

We encourage all of you to unite yourself against the common enemy, the Qing. The dogs have called to their masters, and their masters have answered the call. You must defeat the dogs before all else, or the dogs will consume you.

To: Japan, United Kingdom, United States, Belligerents in the Japan Question
CC: The world

Quebec once again reaffirms our commitment to Neutrality in this conflict, and, again, offers Chateau Frontenac as a Neutral Location for a peace Conference. We remain always committed to the spirit of peace and progress, and hope that the rest of the world joins us in these ideals.

However, Quebec must make clear our disappointment at the actions of our neighbours to the south. While we in Quebec have recently entered into various diplomatic and trade agreements with the United Kingdoms and it's Dominions, we have not forgotten the oppression inflicted on the proud quebecois people by ruthless english imperialists. We are saddened to see that they seek to expand their dominion elsewhere, but find it expected, and will continue to deal with the UK and the Dominion in the spirit of resigned friendship and hope to see improvement. The Actions of the United states, however, are truly disappointing. The United States has always been a bastion for Freedom and Liberty in the world, Fighting on the side of Justice and Right, and we owe them our freedom. To see these ideals so corrupted is, frankly, disheartening. We feel that this support given by the United States to this war, a war waged clearly for the sake of flexing Imperialist Muscle by a state which was beaten in the last war and is now seeking to rebuild it's bruised morale by bullying the rest of the world, is a corruption of everything the United States stands for. The world must progress, not step backwards into the Nineteenth century of war and oppression.

Quebec truly hopes that the United States comes to it's senses and returns to the path on which it has for so long led.

OOC: Hi all,
I've just had a severe crisis of self. For the next good while I will not have the time to devote to this. I am therefore stepping aside as Crimea. TLK, I'll PM you with orders for this turn and general budgets and directions for he next few years. I do not, however, hold any claim on Crimea and others are free to step in. With luck I'll be back in a few months, but if not, then, well, good luck to you all. Ta.

talonschild

OOC: Hi all,
I've just had a severe crisis of self. For the next good while I will not have the time to devote to this. I am therefore stepping aside as Crimea. TLK, I'll PM you with orders for this turn and general budgets and directions for he next few years. I do not, however, hold any claim on Crimea and others are free to step in. With luck I'll be back in a few months, but if not, then, well, good luck to you all. Ta.

talonschild

Sorry to see you go!

I hope everything gets better for you. Good luck!

Top Bottom