1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SKNES III: Bullets with Butterfly Wings

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by SouthernKing, Feb 5, 2014.

1. pole475

pole475 The Blinding Light

Well, at least my color ins't mustard

2. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Perhaps a vibrant yellow-green for Korea?

3. pole475

pole475 The Blinding Light

That would hurt my eyes even more :eek:

4. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

Everything looks great cept for Korea, which might look better with a lighter shade of blue or perhaps a red shade (coz blue and orange look weird next to eachothet.) I dunno.

5. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Spoiler :

How about this for Korea?

Certainly. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

6. ZeletDude

ZeletDude The Lion

Great update SK!

7. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Much better. I can bear to look at East Asia now!

8. Bair_the_Normal

Bair_the_Normal 全は禪

Vostani Serbije?

Da, Srbija.

Let's talk real friendly, neighbors.

9. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

Things have gotten a bit quiet around here...

To: Delhi

We would like to propose the implementation of a new trade agreement. The Sultanate of Delhi and Turkey have strong historical ties, but trade between our two nations has somewhat dropped off in recent years and we would welcome a revitalization of it. To that end, we believe that further lowering tariffs and making other economic arrangements will prove mutually beneficial.
    We also let it be known to you that we share a common goal in the utter destruction of the despicable pirates infesting the Arabian Sea. We are willing to dispatch a portion of our navy to help in the efforts to combat this scourge.

To: Tunis

We would also like to propose a trade agreement between Turkey and Tunis. Mutually reducing tariffs to a moderate extent will no doubt prove welcome for both our economies.

To: Oman
    CC: The World

We look on in dismay as your country descends into utter chaos. We wish it to be officially known that we do not recognize the legitimacy of the man who styles himself Zayid Bin Sultan, and will support any efforts to restore rightful rule to Oman.

10. talonschild

To Ismet, Sultan of Turkey
    I am currently lowering tariff rates for all nations, and further for Muslim ones. I invite you firstly to do likewise and secondly to explain why you and your subjects deserve special treatment.
    Muhammad III, Bey of Tunis

11. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

To: Muhammad III, Bey of Tunis

Before the Bey gets upset, he should remember that, to this time, no formal announcement of his tariff plans has been made. While we applaud his efforts to aid the economies of the Muslim nations of the world and may well follow his lead, given this fact we cannot be blamed for what he seems to have perceived as a slight towards his nation

We are also confused as to why the Bey is under the impression that we are requesting preferential treatment. We suggested a mutual reduction in tariffs; we did not demand Tunis reduce tariffs on goods coming from Turkey while we maintained our rates.

We will take your response as a rejection of our offer. If, later, the Bey wishes to make a counter-proposal, he may do so, and we in Turkey will take it under due consideration.

12. talonschild

To Ismet, Sultan of Turkey
    Your deduction that I refuse to lower tariffs specifically on Turkish goods is correct, unless some heretofore unseen incentive arises. However, Turkey is still receiving as preferential a treatment or more than every other state on earth, and so I am disappointed that you firstly reject our invitation to match our tariff policy - mutual reductions are up to you! - and secondly take such a superior attitude while doing so.
    Muhammad III, Bey of Tunis
    Post-script: Your observation that my tariff policy had not yet been the subject of a public announcement is also correct. There was a small oversight on our part in not anticipating your sudden activity in the international sphere.

13. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

There is one minor thing that I just noticed that is going to bother the Spanish student in me. The American Republic is Spanish speaking, yet they are also called the American Republic. They should be renamed to the República de América, especially if you are going to use an accent in the subtitle and definitely renamed to the proper Spanish title in the subtitle.

14. cpm4001

cpm4001 Goggleman

OOC: Hoping you're not taking this personally...I assure you no offense was meant. Also, I apologize for swamping the Middle-East with diplomacy; I know the former Turkey player didn't really conduct any.

15. talonschild

OOC: Naw, we're cool, Muhammad's just annoyed because Ismet disturbed his arbitrarily built timeline. I very rarely take things personally, and never if it's IC.

I did come off as more confrontational than I meant to in my first response.

16. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

Signed, Jan Anders, Ambassador to the Kingdom of Korea
    Signed, Willem VII, Stadthoulder of the Republic of the Seven United Netherlands

17. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

OOC: You misspelled stadtholder.

18. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Incorrugible

I would prefer Republica Americana, seeing as it's explicitely American Republic and not Republic of America.

19. Milarqui

Milarqui Deity

Well, my country is named Spain, when it should be España, so that's not the only pro-Spanish language complaint. :p

20. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

Sure SK.

Treaty of Kyoto

Signed Sanggye