Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls V

I think Markarth is the most interesting city in the game. Lots of history, some interesting quests and I find it fun to explore also.

Markarth is pretty interesting, as much as I hate that goddamned city (from an rp perspective). It certainly beats the hell out of Falkreath and Morthal, which are even more uninteresting than Riverwood, which isn't even a hold town. I just wish they'd done something more with Winterhold; they could have done something really cool with bringing the town back to its former glory, and I just don't think they did anything.

Markarth is pretty interesting, as much as I hate that goddamned city (from an rp perspective). It certainly beats the hell out of Falkreath and Morthal, which are even more uninteresting than Riverwood, which isn't even a hold town. I just wish they'd done something more with Winterhold; they could have done something really cool with bringing the town back to its former glory, and I just don't think they did anything.

Bethesda may have rebuilding Winterhold as part of an expansion pack, although I doubt it. Rebuilding Winterhold does seem like it would be a harder undertaking than ending the civil war. Of course, it makes me wonder which mod project will occur first (once the Construction Set is released of course): Winterhold Rebuilt or Helgen Rebuilt.

I personally like Dawnstar.
I know it's a minor town, compared to Markarth or Riften, but the look is beautiful.

Little cozy buildings all around the bay.
It's so...nordic.

The galley in the port, the snow, the atmosphere... indeed, it's a great looking town, just like a Viking village :)

I do enjoy how all the cities have their own feel: Solitude, Markarth, Whiterun, Riften, Winterhold... :goodjob:

I think Markarth is the most interesting city in the game. Lots of history, some interesting quests and I find it fun to explore also.

Spoilered since its Forsworn Conspiracy quest stuff:

Spoiler :
The only thing that I didn't like was that if I refused to be taken prisoner in the quest where I was supposed to reveal the Forsworn conspiracy, I ended up having to kill the entire guard garrison for the whole town and basically turned the town into a no go zone for me, unless I wanted to just kill everyone. So I re-loaded and went to jail. Going to jail was interesting, and I did get to satiate my bloodlust by just killing their leader and leaving, but still... I dunno, I felt like I had to step out of character (my character being a general badass that does whatever the hell he wants for his own purely selfish goals) so I could continue the quest and not "lose" an entire town in my world.

Spoilered since its Forsworn Conspiracy quest stuff:

Spoiler :
The only thing that I didn't like was that if I refused to be taken prisoner in the quest where I was supposed to reveal the Forsworn conspiracy, I ended up having to kill the entire guard garrison for the whole town and basically turned the town into a no go zone for me, unless I wanted to just kill everyone. So I re-loaded and went to jail. Going to jail was interesting, and I did get to satiate my bloodlust by just killing their leader and leaving, but still... I dunno, I felt like I had to step out of character (my character being a general badass that does whatever the hell he wants for his own purely selfish goals) so I could continue the quest and not "lose" an entire town in my world.

Spoiler :
Yeah, I did that quest a too low a level (I encountered it while doing the rebellion quests right out of noob tutorialland aka Helgen) so I couldn't beat the guards, with the result of me being sent to prison. I rp'd it as me just developing a general distaste for Markarth and the entirety of the Reach (Every time my friends mention the Reach or Markarth I respond loudly with [expletive] Markarth), which made things even more hilarious when I saved the town entirely by accident during the Dwemer ruins quest

Skyrim is the best RPG I've played since FFVI. It's been a while since I've been "addicted" to a game to a point where I can't wait to wake up so I can continue my game in the morning.

Hope patch 1.3 comes to PSN soon.

Am I the only one getting sick of the arrow in a knee meme? It's bad when you see people making that joke in the World of Warcraft trade chat. Yes I know reading trade chat in World of Warcraft is asking for unintelligent conversation, but I digress.

Why would you even be in trade chat, I left that ages ago. ;) I've been responsible for making some of those jokes in my guild though heh.

On topic of the holds, when I first saw Whiterun in the distance the very first thought I had was of the Rohan city in the LotR movies. I thought that was pretty cool. I have to admit I haven't really visited any other holds apart from Markarth, that place was a little confusing at first, but I got used to it.

Solitude is good same with Markarth. I like White Run and Riften is a cool city too. The other cities I don't remember much about, so they couldn't have been that interesting to me. I admit I haven't done the Thane hold quests for any city except for maybe White Run, so I never really got down into each hold city's politics.

Anybody else hate Windhelm? It's just snow and walls over there.

Anybody else hate Windhelm? It's just snow and walls over there.

I rather liked Windhelm. You really get the sense that it's an old city with a lot of history, but really living in a shadow of its former glory. You can see this contrasted with Solitude which is upbeat and lively. Also I think Windhelm has the best buyable house (although I haven't gotten Riften's house yet if that one is buyable.

What are Dragon Scales and Dragon Bones used for ? I just sell them. But my mule usually can't carry that many and i got bored of looking for merchants that still have some money left.

I still had some Smithing just to outfit my companion in a nice set of armor.

I think smithing and enchanting are go-to skills regardless of playstyle. They are also super easy to level and you get rich while doing so. I have sold countless leather bracers and enchanted silver rings. Basically after every few quests or jaunts through dungeons or whatever, I am back in Whiterun stashing my loot, smithing my rings and bracers, improving stuff if I can, enchanting all my smithed worthless rings, creating tons of potions, and selling almost all of it....

Top Bottom