• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Snakes & Foxes 3: The ****oo's Nest (Game Thread)

Morning, Day 10

The silence was complete when the Assassin took the stage first, mostly because no-one in the audience noticed him. With a flick of his cape, he stood there in the arena sand. The Ranger then took the stage, his trusted mount at his side. There was something different about the horse this second time around, but nobody could really make out what it was before reality started to change...

The combattants found themselves under the moon and stars, in a dark street with towering, threatening buildings and many small alleys. As the Ranger mounted his loyal horse, the Assassin melted into the shadows and disappeared. The Ranger sat for a moment in silence before he made a simple hand gesture towards what looked like a random doorway. The Assassin sprung forth just as giant vines sprung from the ground to catch him.

The result was a disappointment to them both; the Assassin was caught and held mid-air, but the slash of his dagger intended for the throat of the Ranger made a nasty-looking wound in his leg instead. The Ranger quickly rode to gain some distance while the Assassin struggled against the vines, finally freeing himself. He turned towards the Ranger.

Now everyone noticed what had changed about the horse. Its very nature. With a grunt, it grew a long, black horn from its forehead, and fire sprouted from its mane and hooves. Its skin was as black as night. The Ranger smiled as he dismounted and sent the Nightmare towards the Assassin, horn first, while finding his bow.

The Assassin narrowly avoided the charge of the demonlike animal, only to be caught by the tip of an arrow in his shoulder. He spit on the ground and disappeared out of sight.

For a moment, the audience wondered if nothing more would happen as the Nightmare returned to its owner, but then they noticed the sickening green colour of the wound on the Ranger's leg. He grunted in pain as he mounted his horse once more.

The Assassin stepped out of the shadows right in front of him, apparently quite suicidal. Just as the Ranger sent an arrow towards him, everyone noticed something new about the Assassin as well: namely the aura of pure evil surrounding him. The arrow smoldered mid-air, and the Nightmare, a being of hell, lowered its head to recognize the presence of a brother in spirit. The Ranger gaped at the situation, his muscles and reflexes weakened by the poison. He hesitantly found another arrow, but the aura around the Assassin instantly grew to reach his opponent. The wails of the (arguably few) weak-hearted persons among the audience were heard as the demonic flames burnt the Ranger's skin from his bones, leaving a scorched skeleton and a masterless demonic horse, which later took quite the number of arena officials to take care of.

Spoiler :
The Ranger was Innocent!

The Ranger was worth 1200 gold. One third, 400 gold, will be given as spoils to the Assassin. The remainder is split among the three survivors of The Defiant, 266 gold each.

Gold and points won and lost from betting:
Spoiler :
Final odds for Assassin to win: 8.60:1

The following contestants have won gold and points from betting:
Divided Soul +8 gold, +108 points
Beastmaster +8 gold, +108 points
Brujah +8 gold, +108 points
Ogre +428 gold, +528 points
Illusionist +85 gold, +185 points

The following contestants have won points from voting the Ranger into battle:
1st voter: Shaman, +200 points
2nd voter: Luridus, +100 points

The following contestants have lost gold from betting:
Pirate -1 gold
Overlord Speaker -100 gold
Satyr -200 gold
Eidolon -200 gold
Shaman -1 gold
Luonnotar -25 gold
Luridus -1 gold
Lizardman -1 gold
Dragonslayer -10 gold
Arquebusier -3 gold

The Assassin halted off towards the medical staff of the arena, after having his share of the Ranger's gold, of course. The pompeous official took the stage, holding his nose at the stench of burnt flesh.

"I am happy to inform you that the evening fight will see the Luridus in another fight, this time against the Lizardman!"

Evening fight: Lizardman vs Luridus, Luridus gets arena choice.

It is now day.
All contenstants, vote for combatants for the next morning's fight.
People with day abilities, send me PMs.
Combatants, send your battle ideas to Diamondeye!
Members of Phoenix Rising, get yourself a new team leader dammit! Votes for team leader in BOLD blue.

Betting is open for Lizardman vs Luridus. Place your bets in BOLD dark orange.

I told you Sepuku ;)

Overconfidence did 'im in as much as you did, Assassin. Don't ye be goin' th' same way.

Aww, comeon. Can't I just gloat a little after like, 70% of the people thought me dead?

30 Gold on Lizardman

"Disappointing. My ally should not have been so foolish as to trust his life to the capricious dark powers. In any case, let's see the inactive Frost Speaker fight. I'm not sure who to send him up against yet."

Th' Shaman? No Marks been found yet on that team, if ye know what I mean. 'Course, me dear teammate ain't the best bet there. Wee bit sluggish, 'e is.

While I may have lost some money all the info I have on you Assassin is still worth something later so either way I win. So congrats on your victory!

How about Frost Speaker vs Engineer?

FrostSpeaker against the Shaman for me (@Renata: is that the good game? :p )

Th' Shaman? No Marks been found yet on that team, if ye know what I mean. 'Course, me dear teammate ain't the best bet there. Wee bit sluggish, 'e is.
Oh? Got something against my team do you? Guess who else does? The mark, that's who. In case you hadn't noticed, my team is pretty much screwed by them regardless. We've bee n the main attraction every night since like day 5 or something. Mark my words, the shaman will be fighting come tomorrow evening so why waste a fight on him now?

I notice that your team hasn't had a mark discovered there either...

damnit!

brujah (damnit!) versus the courtesan (damnit!)

damnit!

and 50 on the lizardman!

Hey Satyr, why don't you go up against the Courtesan yourself? After all, I'm sure she'd like a horny old goat like you.

"Phoenix Rising has been a constant target of the Mark. I don't think it's likely that there's a Mark there. Let's put the Frost Speaker against the Paladin, since he's so eager to fight."

Your team has had no mark on it either, Pirate Renata. Quite clearly, the Mark dislikes my team - you only have to look at my two teammates dead in two consecutive Mark fights, and the next one fighting today, one of whom I was forced to kill myself.

Neither has the team of the Brujah

Wow. Accusations are flying back and forth :S

Your team has had no mark on it either, Pirate Renata. Quite clearly, the Mark dislikes my team - you only have to look at my two teammates dead in two consecutive Mark fights, and the next one fighting today, one of whom I was forced to kill myself.

Neither has the team of the Brujah

Maybe it's because they're on the same team, silly man.

Top Bottom