Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

:twitch:
OK, there is no need to do so, it was just a calmed and very pacific discussion on idiomatic terms. :lol:

All of these goals you all speak of...domination, technology, pure absolute power...how would any of them be possible without the workers? Japan must look to those who build before it can look to those who conquer. We must ensure all our workers are fed and have a place to work so that Japan may grow large and powerful.

There is no ideology more important than the people. We must strive to work for the absolute benefit of the people, before secondary considerations such as ideology. We must look first to practical considerations in the improvement of our land and the lot of the people of all social classes and orders. Every citizen's lot can be improved, and this is the task of the government. Should the government view glory, conquest, or purity as more important than the people, they are not the people who should be governing the people.

DT

That goes for me, I guess. I will invite you right now.

Jehoshua, contact with foreign peoples is inevitable. It will happen whether we want it to or not. The difference is in our ideologies.

Yours seems to try and avoid all foreign cultures so that ours is not contaminated. However, the mere knowledge that foreign cultures could create a curiosity (OOC: A lot of C's there) among the youth of our nation. Foolishly and cowardly running away from others is not what we have been taught to do. It establishes us as a weak race, not fit to exist. Is that what you would propose? Because that is what will happen if you attempt to keep us isolate.

The philosophy of the Imperialist Party is that we educate our youth (and the youth of conquered peoples) that the culture of Japan has no equal. Rather than creating curiosity among our youth, we would eliminate it. In addition, other cultures would fear us because they would know our might. If you had your way, we would appear to be weaklings to the barbarians that surround us. Their ignorance would lead them to falsely believe that we can easily be defeated, leading to war. Would you rather see foreign peoples come into Japan as slaves, or as invaders? Which would contaminate our culture more?

You are wrong, Sparthage. The beliefs of isolationists is that Japan is the rightful owner of its land to natural barriers, which are sea and mountain chokepoints.

Therefore, Japan should expand as possible through colonisation in its natural zone of influence, but should not doubt to attack any neighbours that occupy them, raze their cities and create Japanese pure settlements.

Once our natural barriers are reached, Japan must isolate from the world and raise its army each time more so that it can defend itself, while searching for other lands with no strangers to expand Japanese culture.

You are wrong, Sparthage. The beliefs of isolationists is that Japan is the rightful owner of its land to natural barriers, which are sea and mountain chokepoints.

Therefore, Japan should expand as possible through colonisation in its natural zone of influence, but should not doubt to attack any neighbours that occupy them, raze their cities and create Japanese pure settlements.

Once our natural barriers are reached, Japan must isolate from the world and raise its army each time more so that it can defend itself, while searching for other lands with no strangers to expand Japanese culture.

OOC: your party's not going for conquest eh?

ooc: @Sparthage: True, when I wrote it all made sense in my head, but I was in a hurry. What I mean is that once Japan has reached its borders it should cut interaction with foreigners and limit to inner managing, eventually colonising zones where no other countries are settled and which presents a certain advantage or resource.

@Lelouch: No, it isn't going for domination. Besides, I understand for conquest to take and keep enemy positions (cities), so it is more like cultural purging our natural zone of influence.

Well, now I would like to announce the creation of the

Coalition for the Advancement of Japan
by the Giant Robot Party and the Isolationist Party of Japan.
Soon, the official logo and description will come out.

ooc: @Sparthage: True, when I wrote it all made sense in my head, but I was in a hurry. What I mean is that once Japan has reached its borders it should cut interaction with foreigners and limit to inner managing, eventually colonising zones where no other countries are settled and which presents a certain advantage or resource.

@Lelouch: No, it isn't going for domination. Besides, I understand for conquest to take and keep enemy positions (cities), so it is more like cultural purging our natural zone of influence.

OOC: CiV victory conditions:
Conquest: Conquer every other nation's capital at least once. Having your own capital conquered at any point in your history disqualifies you from this victory.
Space Race: Build a minimum of spaceship parts, deliver them all to the capital city safely, assemble the starship, and launch.
Cultural: Reach the end of five policy trees, then build the Culture Victory Wonder.
Diplomatic: Build the United Nations, and have yourself voted ruler of the world by your allies and citystates.
Score: The victory condition for losers. Have the highest score at 2050 In The Year Of Our Lord.

IC: We must build a powerful industrial base, and then go from there.

-Nukeknockout

Glad to see that an update will be soon... will their be the two major coalitions and little side parties like there were in the other RP that I participated in?

probably, thats usually the way it is, although very occasionly we get a three way coalition war going such as with Ravus and that little maneuver of his in RPII.

The village of Kyoto sits nestled among the hills,a great river running past along the western boundary. To the south and northwest lie forests, the north and east, fertile grasslands. Great marble and stone outcroppings dot the landscape to the west.

The warriors have wandered far, and found the ruins of an old city. There were great stone structures, but fire had ravaged them. Some primal force had shattered this once-great land and left it a wreck. Among the chaos, the warriors found a cluster of survivors - they call themselves "Danish" and desire refuge in our heartland.

This, then, is the first issue President Lighthearter places before the Council - shall we accept these people into our ranks, or turn them away to die? Or, perhaps, does one of the daimyos have a more interesting idea?

Screenies:
Spoiler :
Foreign Meetings:

Overview:

-L

We must not permit the foreign devils entrance into our lands, impurity cannot corrupt the pure Japanese people most especially at this protean stage of our empires development.

Hmm. It would seem to me that the logical compromise would be to kill all the adults and assimilate the young children, though there is nothing in my ideology that proposes that these refugees who will soon be one with us should be all killed.

-Nukeknockout

We are at war with the Danes.

We have always been at war with the Danes.

OOC: I have no clue how I messed that up.

Top Bottom