• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

ooc Why then does it matter? Please explain.

ooc: im not sure what is in-character tensions vs ooc tensions. the snippiness is getting a bit thick. and since Ravus controls the Dragons, maybe jwitti meant that the Dragons handed you over to Ravus after you agreed to go quietly. they are for all intents and purposes one and the same, but im still not sure if its semantics or some emotional investment in all of this.

ooc: I'm just kinda ooc mad since he effectively yelled at me, jumped down my throat, because I made a slight error.

All this talk or prosecution and all is nice and stuff but since there's no legal government at the moment, trials can not happen until Tuesday once the CJDP is in power.

ooc: I'm just kinda ooc mad since he effectively yelled at me, jumped down my throat, because I made a slight error.

And I'm OOC mad because people don't take their word seriously. And yes Jwitti. Try to be a little bit more accurate next time. Those little differences add up in politics.

Fine. As you wish.

And I'm OOC mad because people don't take their word seriously. And yes Jwitti. Try to be a little bit more accurate next time. Those little differences add up in politics.

OOC: yeah, i think i'll bow out of this. its just an RP politics game and i didnt think any of this would be that serious. im not interesting in getting that invested in what i generally would view as fun. certain inaccuracies sending people to this kind of anger isn't my bag. carry on.

Ignore Arya, everyone else does and Arya Piled his own crap on himself

Ilduce has been admitted into the CAJ. As individual or as your party?

(ooc: i'll continue in this as a learning experience. so the request to the Brotherhood of the One Vision still stands.)

OOC: yeah, i think i'll bow out of this. its just an RP politics game and i didnt think any of this would be that serious. im not interesting in getting that invested in what i generally would view as fun. certain inaccuracies sending people to this kind of anger isn't my bag. carry on.

I apologize if I gave the wrong impression. Its just people are overreacting so why shouldn't I overreact in turn?

OOC: It's generally not that serious, Hammer Rabbi. We're just in the tail end of an election and Arya's had a lot of crap pile up on him lately.

-L

He's right.

Ignore Arya, everyone else does and Arya Piled his own crap on himself

Ignore HJ if you don't mind. He's historically opposed to me unfortunately. Its not my fault you want me dead for working for Japan. Everybody makes mistakes HJ, its the intentions and corrections and eventual successes that matter.

OOC: The RealPolitiks have been growing in seriousness throughout their time on CFC. I was looking back on the RP2 Beta a few days ago and I was amazed at just how much more Lighthearte(r)d :p it was than this one.

DT

its the intentions and corrections and eventual successes that matter.

Not true, intentions mean nothing. Hell isn't paved with good intentions, it's walled and roofed with them.

The best thing you could have done was waited for the Shogun to decide what to do, but since it's not technically illegal what you did, you are right, we can't punish you.

Also, it's an honor blow to you, not to Japan, which is what I've been thinking but everyone else has been disagreeing. The best thing you can do in my opinion is go along with whatever punishment is thrown your way, as long as the punishment is from someone with the authority to do so obviously.

Stop trying to blame it on the Inshina or make excuses, admit your wrong and your honor will be healed in due time.

we can't punish you.
You best be kidding me. This might have been an option if Arya had come clean straight away but what did he do? Hid his actions and try to blame other people for things. I will not stand by if there is no punishment.

He's historically opposed to me unfortunately.
Unless you are counting your little mission (which I wouldn't call historical) this is just plain false.

Its not my fault you want me dead for working for Japan.
You did not work for Japan, you worked for yourself and yourself alone. What is best for Japan we can only assume is whatever the plan the winner of the elections was. The election is not won yet, and at the point before your stunt was even less decided.
Everybody makes mistakes HJ, its the intentions and corrections and eventual successes that matter.
Have you not read the thread? I have already said that the problem was you intentions. As for corrections and eventual success... I hope you have no intentions of trying something like that again.

WE as a group can't. The next Shogun or Ravus might, but us personally can't punish him.

Not true, intentions mean nothing. Hell isn't paved with good intentions, it's walled and roofed with them.

The best thing you could have done was waited for the Shogun to decide what to do, but since it's not technically illegal what you did, you are right, we can't punish you.

Also, it's an honor blow to you, not to Japan, which is what I've been thinking but everyone else has been disagreeing. The best thing you can do in my opinion is go along with whatever punishment is thrown your way, as long as the punishment is from someone with the authority to do so obviously.

Stop trying to blame it on the Inshina or make excuses, admit your wrong and your honor will be healed in due time.

This is where I can partly agree with you, but where I also must point out a few misconceptions in what you think of me.

I HAVE admitted I made a few wrong decisions, but it was not venturing out on this in the first place. And do not say it is all my burden to shoulder the blame, for it is the fault of the Ishina as well who failed to carry out my orders successfully and fully.

It is an honor blow to me only because I made wrong decisions in its operation, not in its being carried out in the first place. I stand by that. It was a failure. But everybody makes failures, some small, some large, some with large consequences, some with small.

Intentions mean everything. They mellow or worsen sentences, define opinions, create empathy and sympathy. Results matter as well, but a bad result with good intentions should not be looked down upon, but should be reprimanded, and told to create a better result next time, and the mistakes should be analyzed so nobody makes the same one again. This mistake was using the Ishina and failing to give clear enough instructions for the execution. A bad result with a bad intention should be attacked fiercely.

You have this misconception that all must stand still and wait for the Shogun to declare what is imminent. It is right to obey the Shogun. That is a must. But waiting in the midst of war, and this is a war, is a very bad thing to do indeed. Initiative must be seized when a sliver of gold is seen, and withheld when all is pitch-black.

You still neglect to respond to the fact that the letter was obviously sent before news of this reached Napoleon, if in fact it reached him. He already looked down upon us with disgust. He was already our enemy. Its just that you didn't believe it. And yet you still stand by the fact that he is a friend.

You seek to give me advice, but it is advice I had already taken. I have already said I seek to take upon me what punishment is thrusted upon me. But taking me into custody while we have no authority? I am calling Ravus out on this one. You had not the authority for that, and have thus lost all my respect. Everybody here has attacked me for taking initiative, yet applaud when Ravus does the same. It is one way or the other, not both. If I am to be taken into an execution, Ravus should mirror my sentence. Should I be put to imprisonment. Ravus should have the same done unto him.

In the midst of a war? What war? The one we're not in yet?

I'm giving you advice because you have constantly owned up to your mistakes, but then also blame the Inshino, which is wrong. They don't go by our honor system, and you should have known that by now. They are not to blame, they attempted their job and failed it, but you hired them.

Also, the fact you tried to blame it on someone else takes away everyone's sympathy for you. No one is going to go easy on your punishment. If you had come clean about it, maybe.

If Ravus decided to execute or imprison you, I'd support it all I can, and Ravus would not be punished. If he decided to let you off with a warning, I'd support that.

You are in no position to judge others. Perhaps neither am I, but I am not the one who committed this terrible act!

If Ravus hadn't taken you in to custody, I guarantee you there would be attempts on your life.

Top Bottom