• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

Voting for GRP and isolationists

OOC: Jeez, I leave for 6 hours and the thread grows 3 pages of pointless spam. :rolleyes:

IC: While arya has indeed done wrong and should be punished, let us remember that he did not intentionally try to cause a big incident - He merely wanted to harass a few French soldiers, probably to give important information, and did not want to murder them in cold blood, thus making Napoleon furious with us.

Regardless of intentions, it was not up to him to possibly cause a war. If it had succeeded, I'd still be opposed but it wouldn't need punishment as Napoleon wouldn't know. However, since it failed, it's dishonorable and dangerous.

Our PMCs should be used domestically (And even then limited) or against enemies. France is a rival, not an enemy. Atleast for now.

In summary, intentions are pointless. Actions are what matter, and the actions were idiotic at best.

i would like to officially request membership and residence within a holy monastery of the Brotherhood of the One Vision. I humbly await your response.

(OOC: yep totally new to this thing and quite late to the party. see my queries in the other thread for getting coaxed into seeing what this is all about.)

ooc well at least you're not the only new one :D

OOC: So, to sort out this mess that you people seem to think we are in. Also, Jehoshua and Dirk Diggler, please don't spam this thread again with the likes of which you just did. It is pointless. If you wish to have a 2 way conversation between the two of you, I ask with no authority behind my request, that you move it elsewhere. It is very irritating to have to read all of that especially when its against my own opinion and I have to read all of it before responding.

IC: Have all of you no grasp of the concept of Honor? For yes, my honor has been damaged, but not beyond repair. I was not the one who carried out the deed itself, or else I now recognize that it might have succeeded should I have done so. You all talk of how I must kill myself to regain my honor, yet you talk as if it is my only option. It is not. And I have heard nothing calling for the Ishina, the ones who not only failed and caused this, but also attacked several times Fargle, a leader of my coalition, and worked for the bloody fool Christos. Have they not lost their honor as well? For you have not called for them to kill themselves.

Dirk, you seem to have a misconception of how things work. A nation's right to not be attacked? That is truly laughable.

And in any case, may I point out how Napoleon's letter does not mention this incident at all? He insults us, he belittles us, and it is clear he considers us inferior and merely a small weak target to be attacked in the future. I doubt this incident will have changed much. Our intelligence points to technological parity and their army at this time is not much larger than ours according to reports and predictions. It is only his plans and ability to execute those plans that worry us. The long run result is inevitable, WAR. The short term result is unaffected, the build up for WAR. Neither he nor us can launch an offensive war at this point, although he will soon.

So bearing that in mind, have my actions really caused Japan to be so dishonored? No. A failure is a failure, and if all who commit failures were executed, then we would have a sparse population indeed. As to handing me to the french? Perhaps you think that will somehow appease Japan's honor, and in your eyes it might, but in the eyes of foreigners it would look like tribute. I have lived among them. I know their ways. To them, we would be begging at Napoleons feet to not be attacked, giving up one of our own Immortals to a greater power. Do YOU want to be the one responsible for bringing such a dishonor, PAYING TRIBUTE TO A FOREIGNER, to JAPAN?

May I also remind you that it is none of your places to decide upon punishment, nor to execute that punishment. Once the new government is re elected, it is between the government and me how I am punished, for punished I shall be, that had been agreed upon before I had even ceded myself to the public. Perhaps you should assume less than you do, for you do not know all the behind the scenes arguments and decisions, nor do I know yours evidently. Once the government is elected, it will be upon the Shogun to order me brought in, and then upon Ravus to charge me and sentence me, and upon Mech to any trial I may be given, if i do understand it. In any case, thats the gist.

Yes, that is intended towards you RAVUS. You have not yet taken office as the Supreme court justice, yet you presume to surround my manor house and for me to come quietly? You have not the right to take 'justice' and 'honor' into your own hands yet, not until the election is either officially won or ceded. I have come quietly, with my weaponry as a free man ought to be able to. I will not be executed by you, nor shall I be imprisoned by you, but I come with your Dragons to see what it is you want that you are so reluctant to share with the public.

I had, and still do, intend to submit myself to your power after you take office, but not before that happens shall I do so. I apologize if this puts any wrinkle in your plans, but you are over stepping your bounds in rushing the course of events.

Trial? We're actually going to be doing trials? Why can't this just be as simple as "The Shogun wills it."

-Daimyo Nukeknockout

There is no Shogun at the moment though.

Trial? We're actually going to be doing trials? Why can't this just be as simple as "The Shogun wills it."

-Daimyo Nukeknockout

We aren't. I only included that because while talking about it with Son, he mentioned that if such a thing were to happen, it would be under mech. I may not remember that correctly though, so don't hold me to it.

There is no Shogun at the moment though.

Sorry for the double post, but this does not matter. Nothing SHOULD happen until the government officially comes into power. Ravus on the other hand apparently wishes to take it into his own hands and I am now in his custody, having this message delivered to you. There is no authority to deal with these matters at the moment, and if i am to be taken in on the case of acting on my own as Dirk seems to think, then Ravus should be taken in should he attempt to do anything to me, such as imprison me, as he is currently doing. Public opinion should be irrelevant.

Ravus on the other hand apparently wishes to take it into his own hands and I am now in his custody, having this message delivered to you. There is no authority to deal with these matters at the moment, and if i am to be taken in on the case of acting on my own as Dirk seems to think, then Ravus should be taken in should he attempt to do anything to me, such as imprison me, as he is currently doing. Public opinion should be irrelevant.

OOC: I don't see where Ravus Imprisoned you anywhere in the thread, can you point me too it?

DT
Confused :confused:

Mech would have been prosecuting you. Given that you've already confessed a prosecution seems somewhat unnecessary. As such, once the Supreme Court is convened you will be hauled before Judge Ravus to face sentencing.

Somebody handed him over to Ravus

OOC: I don't see where Ravus Imprisoned you anywhere in the thread, can you point me too it?

DT
Confused :confused:

His Bushido Dragons encircled my manor and demanded me to come. I went quietly, even though he has no authority to do this.

Somebody handed him over to Ravus

WRONG. Do not speak of what you do not know of. Or at least read what I have posted here.

ooc: Well sooo-rry! You don't have to jump down my throat because I said something incorrect that has NO bearing WHATSOEVER on the game or the politics.

ooc: Well sooo-rry! You don't have to jump down my throat because I said something incorrect that has NO bearing WHATSOEVER on the game or the politics.

It did actually.

Top Bottom