StarWars unit: Republic Assault Ship

TheMorpheus

Welcome to the real world
While the Kaminoans labored to perfect an indomitable clone army, the neighboring shipyards of Rothana were subcontracted to develop the hardware, armor and transports for the new infantry. The bold lines and stark silhouettes of the resulting craft were departures from the polished craftsmanship of personalized styles that marked the final Republic era. Instead, the wedge-shaped assault ships were foreboding harbingers of the new era to come.

At the start of the Clone Wars, the Republic used these titanic transport vessels to deliver clone troopers to the battlefields of Geonosis. Though large, the transports were capable of operating and landing within a planetary atmosphere, deploying hundreds of troops and their vehicles into combat. On Coruscant, an immense staging area of thousands of troops boarded waiting assault ships, ready to continue the fight to preserve the Republic on distant worlds.
Source: www.starwars.com

I have started my first unit from scratch. Here a first shot of the model.

WIP 1:

:goodjob:

your ship makeing skills are superb :goodjob:, I have hops that you will continue many of these sort of large ships in the future, as you are to space as Aaglo is to the sea with you grand capitial ships :goodjob:

The model is looking great.

For the attacks, I'd recommend a torpedo attack followed by a turbolaser attack, as that's it's armament.

(Edit) Also, any thought as to where Civ-Colors would go?

I have added the imperial logo on the wings for the civ color and
I will add a section on the bridge, which is in civ color.

Attachments

• rebassault_wip4.gif
    rebassault_wip4.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 389
just a note, but shouldt the back end, the rectangular portion of the wings be a bit shorte, same deal with the "tail" of the ship

Top Bottom