Steel and Thunder: Unique Units

Steel and Thunder: Unique Units 1.51

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
Deliverator submitted a new resource:

Steel and Thunder: Unique Units - Adds a second Unique Unit to every civilization

Steel and Thunder: Unique Units adds one additional Unique Unit to every Civilization including all DLC and Rise & Fall Civilizations.

Screenshots

View attachment 493558 View attachment 493559 View attachment 493560 View attachment 493561 View attachment 493562

The additional Unique Units are as follows:

AH-64 Apache (America)
American unique Atomic Era Light Cavalry unit. +10 Combat Strength versus Heavy Cavalry units.

Camel Archer (Arabia)...

Read more about this resource...

Wow ! I Like especially those turtle ships :)

Bugs i found:

1) Nubia Elephant: Unlocks at Stirrups, but I think by description and stats it should unlock at Horseback Riding;

2) Amazon: In game description different from mod's page one. Don't have +1 movement.

3) Zulu one: Does not replace Archer, but Slinger.

Bugs i found:

Thanks for reporting these. It is inevitable that I miss some things!

1) Nubia Elephant: Unlocks at Stirrups, but I think by description and stats it should unlock at Horseback Riding;

Will fix.

2) Amazon: In game description different from mod's page one. Don't have +1 movement.

The in game description is correct. I removed the extra +1 movement. Will correct the text here and on Steam.

3) Zulu one: Does not replace Archer, but Slinger.

Will fix.

I'll release an updated version soon.

What about Australian unique units?

They can be brought over to Steel and Thunder from MOAR units.

The S.A.S.R. unit is included by default.

S.A.S.R. (Australia)
Strong, mobile Australian Mechanized Infantry replacement that ignores Zone of Control and has +5 Combat Strength when fighting on Desert or Plains.

Can you pls update the Steam version as well?

I can't do that from where I am currently, but I will do so when I get the chance.

thank you! I was under the assumption that you retired. so this is a very pleasant surprise!

thank you! I was under the assumption that you retired. so this is a very pleasant surprise!

Yeah I came out of retirement briefly ;)

By the way if anyone has takes any good screenshots of the new units in action then it would be great to see them!

Thank you for the fast update! But i found others hehe:

1) Phalanx: Description here and in game says +8 combat strenght near Ziggurat but it is only 5. I think 5 is the intended one because with 8 it would be pretty op.

2) There's a Janissary unit, a super cool concept of a unique from city states suzerain. But when I have Magnus with the " no strategic resource" promotion i can build them normally. I don't think it's intended to be this way, so i'm reporting.

Thank you for the fast update! But i found others hehe:

Great! Keep 'em coming!

1) Phalanx: Description here and in game says +8 combat strenght near Ziggurat but it is only 5. I think 5 is the intended one because with 8 it would be pretty op.

Good spot. The description is wrong. I'll correct it.

2) There's a Janissary unit, a super cool concept of a unique from city states suzerain. But when I have Magnus with the " no strategic resource" promotion i can build them normally. I don't think it's intended to be this way, so i'm reporting.

Mmm. That sucks because I've tried a few ways to implement it and via a resource seemed to work well. Options for now are either scrap the Janissary or live with the Magnus thing because I'm not sure when I get another chance to attempt another implementation.

No, it is concerned about the behavior of MOAR Units and is wary of its comments and creepy stares.

Top Bottom