Suggestions and requests

I just changed settler maps from a civilization function to a leaderhead function in RFCCW (I think its working, it compiles and runs fine) and it only took 20 mins (not counting re-ordering the leaderheads).

this allows the settler maps to be dynamic without any extra coding, so respawns can have new maps, which means a civ can respawn as any civ, not just one with the same geographic home, and you could have colonising and non-colonising leaders for some civs.

just an idea. as I said it was quite easy to do.

How do you do that, just out of curiosity? In a few months I will probably be starting an RFC ModMod based on alternate history, so I think it would be useful to know this.

I changed every

settlersMaps[getID()]

to

settlersMaps[(GET_PLAYER(getID()).getLeaderType())]

Yeah, that's an interesting idea.

I'd need some time to actually think about where I could apply this, though.

(A potential problem is that without a province system this also makes historical areas leader-dependant, which is a disadvantage for the player as their LH never changes.)

You could use it for Phoenicia/Carthage.

I feel like there should be a way for Spain, Portugal, and Britain to keep their colonies. You could be the most democratic, representative, stable civ in the world, but your former colonies will still declare their independence like you're some evil overlord.

I therefore suggest this: If you are any of the three civs listed above, and are running Republic, Universal Suffrage, or Representation, and you are Solid or better, your colonies will not declare their independence. If you stop running the above civics, or you drop below Solid, you run a high risk of having the decolonization civs declaring their independence.

my two cents

I think the opposite should be true. I always seem to find mega-super-stable France, Spain, and/or Portugal controlling Latin America, so Brazil and Argentina never pawn and Colombia and Mexico are pathetically weak. I think that there should be more stability hits for Spain and Portugal.

I think the opposite should be true. I always seem to find mega-super-stable France, Spain, and/or Portugal controlling Latin America, so Brazil and Argentina never pawn and Colombia and Mexico are pathetically weak. I think that there should be more stability hits for Spain and Portugal.

OK, make it harder for these civs to stay above solid.

I've had a number of situations playing the 1700 AD Prussia scenario where England has a complete collapse and then I'm able to easily capture London and the rest of the British Isles. Perhaps they should be encouraged to give away some of their colonies if they're unstable rather than risk a full collapse.

Just wondering, and this has probably been asked before, but how can I get rid of the "victory music"? I hate having the same song play constantly after I've won and I continue playing, no matter how much I love Pink Floyd. I always just turn off the music once I've won now.

Just wondering, and this has probably been asked before, but how can I get rid of the "victory music"? I hate having the same song play constantly after I've won and I continue playing, no matter how much I love Pink Floyd. I always just turn off the music once I've won now.

Actually, I think it would be quite nice if the music only played during the victory screen and all the graphs, etc. I don't think anyone who plays after victory actually wants to just hear that music over and over again, especially if you want to continue after winning an ancient era UHV or something.

I think it would be nice to have a stability-counter on the main screen, especially since you don't have the balance-icon on the scoreboard anymore, due to the BUG-mod.

This should be feasible and maybe can be directly copied from RFCE ;)

And I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I think it would be really cool, to have different religions have different effects (again, similar to RFCE).

For example in my game with Russia there was _no_ incentive for me to adopt Orthodoxy (except that it spreads quickly on its own). Catholicism just offers many advantages. This is probably true for several other civs as well.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but how about encouraging Russia to travel east? It never seems to make it to the Pacific (let alone Alaska).

hello everyone~ it's my first time in this space.

i'm not good at English but as a big fan of this modmod,

here's one thing i wanna suggest to Leo and everyone.

The below tables are Leo's Unique name lists of great person of a few countrys.

Surely, this country's lists can't represent whole civilization's,

but it can be a good prototype, i think.

1. 30 BC ~ 6 th

http://www.4shared.com/photo/AfGL5veJ/ci_online.html

Chinese and India's great prophet wave

-> temple's 1 and holy city building's 3 slots make it perfect~

Egyptian and Greek's numerous people

-> by wonder and Greek's unique power.

2. 7 ~ 16th

http://www.4shared.com/photo/V7l9VmQq/eg_online.html

Most of great person is great prophet and general

-> Theocracy (unlimited priest) and small general experience bar that not grows big yet : it's perfect ^^

and a few scientists and merchants.

-> library's 2 slot, market and grocer's 2 slot each

3. 17th's artists

-> theatre's 2 slot and opera house's 3 slot(colony's 8 theatres) -> it's good!

4. 6 ~ 18th engineers

http://www.4shared.com/photo/Qxmt2SFs/engi.html

-> this is the point of this article!!

We see so many engineers in this century,

(Most of them is related to 'machinery', 'engineering' and 'gunpowder' before 'Steel', and 'Industrialism'),

but only one slot and no civics for engineer (the forge's)

it needs the way to generate the more engineers than version 1.11's especially after 14th.

-> if this is resonable, there can be several ways.

1) 'Guild' civic's 'unlimited' engineer slot (it's best in my opinion)

-> Leo intends 'Industrialism' (Steel, medium) : unlimited engineers in next version,

Considering 'Ironworks' 3 , 'factory' 2, 'Industrial park' 2 and 1 free engineer slots,

it tends to overlap between civics and buding's fuction.

2) or 'Forge' slot from 1 to 2, and 'Castle' has 2 slots for engineer.

-> total 4 engineers make the game realistic, but overlaps with the later buindings function.

5. after 18th

-> Great general : 'Autocracy's +50% great general rate

-> Different types : 'Public Welfare's unlimited artist, scientist, merchant

finished with fantastic match with history (except No.4 i think)

This is Leo's Mod and it's just my suggestion,

but i'll be very pleased this is replected in this Mod. thank you~

Top Bottom