Suggestions and requests

wow what a long and circuitous road this has been.

Leoreth you need to hire this guy, you think very much alike. I really like that HRE UP, very original.

Seconded.

I kinda feel like Finland might be a reasonable inclusion as a minor civ. Mostly just to keep Russia and the Vikings from killing each other all the time... Give them a ton of defensive units, perhaps?

wow what a long and circuitous road this has been.

Leoreth you need to hire this guy, you think very much alike. I really like that HRE UP, very original.
Can't pay, unfortunately :D

I think the HRE UP is very good as well, although I'd like to apply it to Apostolic Palace elections instead of congresses.

Why not both? Only effecting one seems rather underpowered.
I kinda feel like Finland might be a reasonable inclusion as a minor civ. Mostly just to keep Russia and the Vikings from killing each other all the time... Give them a ton of defensive units, perhaps?
As I see it the Vikings/Sweden represent all the Nordic nations.

Though historically correct in terms of gameplay flawing:
The first UHV condition for the Khmer, it happens quite often that in the 600 AD start at 700AD this condition is met (mostly caused by the stuffed up Indian peninsula.) I had 38%combined in 700 AD without doing anything. except for founding Angkor and Hanoi.

Changing the condition to a 40% spread would make it almost impossible to achieve in late game and in your first turn you'll be to busy to build all these wonders.

Therefor: maybe a fundamental change should be made.

I'm not completely happy with the Khmer either. But there should be no problem with the spread goal anymore since now it only checks after 1000 AD.

How is Normandy covered at the moment? As I don't know when they turned up/France's spawn date I don't know if they are just part of France or not. If they are, then France should be more aggressive to England to emulate the Norman conquest. Also they should try and capture southern Italy.

If they are not counted as part of France in DoC then they could just be indie and attack England and southern Italy.

Normandy:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Normannen.png

I don't see how there's space for Normandy. It's basically one tile away from Paris after all.

Is it possible to make the Paratrooper a bit more useful? Like giving it 2 movement/turn so it can attack after it was being air-dropped. Plus a little bit of extra strenght couldnt hurt.

I don't see how there's space for Normandy. It's basically one tile away from Paris after all.

Well then you could make France more aggressive to England seeing as Hastings was in 1066 which is roughly 200 years after France spawns.

Yeah, the paratrooper is quite useless currently.

And if anything England should be more aggressive towards France, Hundred Years War and all.

And if anything England should be more aggressive towards France, Hundred Years War and all.

Leoreth, I don't when you plan on starting work on Europe but do remind me when you do because I have a better city placement and terrrain map for France and Britain. Its nothing major but it does move some resources and city placements for a more balanced approach. Also, as far as the Hundered Year War is concerned I have seen the French build Cherbourg (in Normandy) quite a few times so I think if attention is given to that aspect of the game, you can achieve something quite neat.

Actually I'd prefer if the French do not build Cherbourg.

By the way, everything I say about Europe is purely theoretical. I don't work at it at all currently.

Is it possible to do, that when the human player plays as Persia, Greece, Babylon etc. the freshly spawning Arabs won't flip ALL of the Middle East? It is impossible to play a Persian game without going for the UHV. The Arabs flip every city in Persia except for the capital.

Is that 1.73 or subversion? Because in the latter I've limited the Arab's flip to the 600 AD scenario only.

I also plan to deal with Arabia again before I'll release.

Yeah, it was an oversight in the packaged release as well, actually I meant to limit it to 600 AD from the beginning.

After some time and rounds I have further suggestions for the game world. :)
I do not know how these ideas were implemented.

1) Install an ocean border, to prevent human Khmer / Thai / Indonesia / Japan -player colonizing Australia too early.

2) To integrate the Panama Canal in the game, you could place an independent city like Tucume. (spawned 1550) This town has its own wonder the "Panama Canal", again similar to the Shwedagon Pagoda in Pagan. Their owners obtained for each open border with a (European) country one gold per turn. This is to show the importance for world trade.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Panama#Indigenous_period

3) UHV's ideas for Mali, Ethiopia and India
for India: - Instead of establish Buddhism and Hinduism, we could now build their shrines as a goal

for Mali: - Build a trans-Saharan route from Timbuktu to the Mediterranean coast(?).
- Sending a great trader for a pilgrimage to Mecca.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mali_Empire#The_Laye_Lineage_1312-1389, Musa I

for Ethiopia: - build / controll at least to 500 AD, a town on the southern Sinai Peninsula.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aksumite_Empire#Empire
- With 5 different nations have a merchandise trade (resource for gold, a resource for resource)

I hope this is quite useful, even if you are currently engaged in Asia. :)

Yeah, thanks :)

Shrines were my idea for India as well. And I've always thought the Ethiopian anti-colonist goals could be condensed into one and replaced with something trade oriented (their whole empire was built on its location on the naval trade routes between Rome and India, after all).

I think you should try to make industrial and modern era faster. The game starts getting really slow after 1700 AD, and because of that, I usually quit my saves

Top Bottom