Suggestions and requests

Why can't we have this advisor guy back?
Spoiler :

Back when you could trade anything for anything. :sad:

Civ 3 was a very forgettable game though... It seems like it went II to IV

I don't really know where to put these,
but I hope this is the right place, since I don't
think these are bugs/errors.

The Mughals, unless they are intended to be like this,
something must really be done to them.

First Game, Vikings; 600 AD Start - Viceroy difficulty:
Spoiler :

Fun Fact: Persia is still led by Cyrus (From 600 AD start)

Second Game, Russia; 600 AD Start - Viceroy difficulty:
Spoiler :

They force capitulated the Ottomans.

Additionally, the Korean settlers; China 1700 AD Start - Viceroy difficulty:
Spoiler :

They did this quite often.

Civ 3 was a very forgettable game though... It seems like it went II to IV

What I love about Civ III was that the Leader's costumes and background progresses through ages.

I've seen that too. I'm playing a 1700 AD scenario game with Russia. The Mughals expanded North and took Kashgar. Now their soldiers are prowing the territories of a faltering Ottoman empire waiting for an opportunity to take one of their cities. They had taken Tarabizon till I forced them to hand it to me. Its weird how often the Mughals expand westward. Each time they did this in the game, they collapsed.

Korea too. Even as my vassals they settled Ulan Bataar *( some korean city name was given to it though can't recollect what ) . They also took over Hailar. What I think the problem is, is that the Mughals are programmed to be militaristic and aggressive, so they'll pick on whatever city they can find at the first sign of weakness. But I'm not too sure about this. A strong persia can balance out an overambitious Mughal empire I'd reckon. And something to force China and Russia to expand into Kashgar to prevent the Mughals from getting there.

I've seen that too. I'm playing a 1700 AD scenario game with Russia. The Mughals expanded North and took Kashgar. Now their soldiers are prowing the territories of a faltering Ottoman empire waiting for an opportunity to take one of their cities. They had taken Tarabizon till I forced them to hand it to me. Its weird how often the Mughals expand westward. Each time they did this in the game, they collapsed.

Korea too. Even as my vassals they settled Ulan Bataar *( some korean city name was given to it though can't recollect what ) . They also took over Hailar. What I think the problem is, is that the Mughals are programmed to be militaristic and aggressive, so they'll pick on whatever city they can find at the first sign of weakness. But I'm not too sure about this. A strong persia can balance out an overambitious Mughal empire I'd reckon. And something to force China and Russia to expand into Kashgar to prevent the Mughals from getting there.

Sometimes Thailand also overrun China too.

No, it's just that these cities are an easy target. Same with a faltering Seljuk empire in the 600AD scenario. I think the fact that you are always at war with the Seljuks might be disadvantageous for the Mughals because they will just go after their cities.

No, it's just that these cities are an easy target. Same with a faltering Seljuk empire in the 600AD scenario. I think the fact that you are always at war with the Seljuks might be disadvantageous for the Mughals because they will just go after their cities.

It all depends on turkey. If they decide to stick to Anatolia and Sur, Mughal cuirassiers can easily get the Indies.

Neither of them should just absorb the entire Seljuk Empire.

wait a minute, doesn't the Safavid Empire spawn in 1505 and with a large enough army to beat both the Turks and Mughals ? ... well at least the Mughals. But all these pics are from 1660 around 150 years AFTER the persian respawn. That means the Safavids are so bloddy weak they get steam rollered by the Turks and Mughals in every game ??

Good question. One was a 3000 BC game where Persia was still alive though, so no Iran.

wait a minute, doesn't the Safavid Empire spawn in 1505 and with a large enough army to beat both the Turks and Mughals ? ... well at least the Mughals. But all these pics are from 1660 around 150 years AFTER the persian respawn. That means the Safavids are so bloddy weak they get steam rollered by the Turks and Mughals in every game ??
Good question. One was a 3000 BC game where Persia was still alive though, so no Iran.

You meant my first picture ?
If so, No...it was The Vikings - 600 AD Start - Viceroy - Normal Speed.
Also, I don't know why, but Cyrus is the LH for Persia in that one.

The Iranian respawn is far too weak in general. They normally start at war with the Ottomans and/or the Mughals and get crushed.

On a different note. In most of my viceroy games, mines never get depleted. The same source of a mineral seems to continue for milennia. Now it would make the game a lot less difficult if mines aren't depleted, but it would be more realistic. For example, India's gold mines used to be among the largest in the world, but it has dwindled dramatically and now India gets most of its gold through trading. Perhaps its the same with gold mines in the Balkans ? The Romans mined gold from Dacia, I read somewhere.

On a different note. In most of my viceroy games, mines never get depleted. The same source of a mineral seems to continue for milennia. Now it would make the game a lot less difficult if mines aren't depleted, but it would be more realistic. For example, India's gold mines used to be among the largest in the world, but it has dwindled dramatically and now India gets most of its gold through trading. Perhaps its the same with gold mines in the Balkans ? The Romans mined gold from Dacia, I read somewhere.

This could be (easily, AFAIK) implemented through the system which already adds cows in Japan and rice in France, although I think it won't be really fun while adding only a little to historicity.

My suggestion:

Celts in Scotland

Any chance this could be added? It'd make a Viking-occupied England more likely (which isn't that ahistorical) and it'd allow for a Scottish-English war prior to English unification (albeit a few centuries too early). The main problem is that England will only be able to build two cities before taking Scotland; this could be solved by buffing England a little or adding an English Caen.

Doesn't Edinburgh spawn as an independent city? I think that stands in for the Celts.

IIRC, an old version of RFC Synthesis had this.
Civ 5 has it too.

England already underperforms, I don't think adding Scotland would be a good idea.

Depleting resources are outside of the scale of this mod I think.

England already underperforms, I don't think adding Scotland would be a good idea.

Depleting resources are outside of the scale of this mod I think.

Can we just buff them a lot to fix that problem then add the Celts as Scotland to stop them from being too powerful? I especially like the idea of giving them some representation on the continent-- that would make for a much more interesting and realistic medieval gameplay period. Too often medieval England is just sitting there and waiting for the Middle Ages to end so you can go form colonies.
This would not be incredibly easy to implement, but I'm sure it is possible.

The Mighty Leostinian can do ALL things! Leostinian is omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipowerful!

Top Bottom