Sullla's CIV IV AI Survivor Season 7 -Game 3 - Alternate Histories Posted!

Justinian was the best pick, DeGaulle got #2 the most often, and Vicky with 60% first-to-dies in 20 games.

Sullla usually picks pretty good yup.

Justinian did do well but Alex domination wasn't as big an outlier as everyone thought.

I think that if you put a hyper aggressive AI next to a weenie he's always got a chance to roll over the map. That's why I picked shaka in his game.

Hoping English would come close was a bad guess for me but I wanted to wave the flag. Not shocked at Alex/Justin and Degaulle winning most. Think Alex winning was better to watch than Justin just doing what was expected of him.

De Gaulle results I found most surprising but I guess it was partly due to the map and close proximity to Vicky. Ha...Rags did almost nothing too. I did not think his start was that bad for him...he's just bad. Never pickin' him again.

I'm curious how different the game would play out of starting positions were different. Rags' starting position is garbo, yes. But was, say, Justinian's or Alex's starting position all he needed to shine or would that just give one of the other AIs an opening to run away with the game instead?

Just switchin' Rags and DeG would be interesting. Rags would like stomp out Vicky quickly with DeG being more an early target too

I don't actually think that De Gaulle is actually that bad of an AI leader. He seems to be semi-competent in balancing warmongering and economy.

Ragnar's biggest weakness is that he has an insanely optimistic view of combat odds (weighting of 6, the only other AI that is that high is Napoleon) which means he wastes loads of units in fights without taking cities and then has to rebuild his stack again.

Yes both him and Alexander spam units but Alexander is more likely to pick winning fights which result in him taking cities and continue to grow his main stack

I don't actually think that De Gaulle is actually that bad of an AI leader. He seems to be semi-competent in balancing warmongering and economy.

Ragnar's biggest weakness is that he has an insanely optimistic view of combat odds (weighting of 6, the only other AI that is that high is Napoleon) which means he wastes loads of units in fights without taking cities and then has to rebuild his stack again.

Yes both him and Alexander spam units but Alexander is more likely to pick winning fights which result in him taking cities and continue to grow his main stack
Barbarian-tier attack confidence.

I more or less anticipated the chance of Justinian or Zara taking first but totally overestimated their runner-up odds. Also misread the De Gaulle-Victoria-Zara situation. Thought Justinian would avoid being first to die, but surprised to see De Gaulle emerge unscathed as well. Will be interesting to see how the latter moves forward. What a relief we avoided the sub-300 runs and that Culture Victory :lol:

I went ahead and tried simulating what if the map was fair (enough) for all of them and autoplayed it 10 times.

Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0019.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0020.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0021.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG

1)
Justinian Space victory
De Gaulle Runner up
Ragnar First to die

2)
Justinian Space victory
De Gaulle Runner up
Alexander First to die

3)
Alexander Domination victory
Ragnar Runner up
Zara Yaqob First to die

4)
De Gaulle Domination victory
Ragnar Runner up
Victoria First to die

5)
Justinian Domination victory
Alexander Runner up
Victoria First to die

6)
Alexander Runner up
Ragnar First to die

7)
Zara Yaqob Domination victory
Justinian Runner up
Alexander First to die

8)
Ragnar Runner up
De Gaulle First to die

9)
Zara Yaqob Space victory
Justinian Runner up
Alexander First to die

10)
Ragnar Domination victory
De Gaulle Runner up
Victoria First to die

Based on place finish points that gave me
1)Justinian 29 points (5 victory,2 runner up)
2)De Gaulle 11 points (1 victory,3 runner up)
2)Ragnar 11 points (1 victory,3 runner up)
4)Zara Yaqob 10 points (2 victory)
5)Alexander 9 points (1 victory,2 runner up)
6)Victoria 0 points

And here is how the map looked like. Quite nasty as a map and fast copy paste skills there :D
Only difference is no barbs+no diplomatic victory
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Attachments

• 6 game 3.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    226 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom